• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why why why

happy days

So annoyed with someone I work with. She is in the middle of her pre op diet ready for her sleeve on Saturday and she's posted on another site. Has anyone ever cheated on diet and still got op.
I've spent months giving her advice and helping her. Why would you even contemplate cheating. It's only a ten day diet for gods sake.
Really really peeved off.

well, it is her health and her choice. It must be frustrating, but a lot of people confess to cheating ... no need to fume - unless you are paying for her op?

well, it is her health and her choice. It must be frustrating, but a lot of people confess to cheating ... no need to fume - unless you are paying for her op?

It's the time and effort I've put into help get that Iam fuming about. If she wants to screw up this opportunity then that's her problem. And seen as how she is a nhs patient. We are all paying for it.

I already work with one who has let her bypass be totally wasted. Wouldn't you think she would take heed

Some people obviously don't want it bad enough. I spent hours with someone on the weekend who wants wls. Her face lit up when I said you can cheat all types of surgery if you really wanted to. Her next question was "so I'll still be able to eat cream cakes then?"

Some people obviously don't want it bad enough. I spent hours with someone on the weekend who wants wls. Her face lit up when I said you can cheat all types of surgery if you really wanted to. Her next question was "so I'll still be able to eat cream cakes then?"

Sheer madness x

Ultimately honey, they will pay the price of their idiocy. I wake up every morning and I touch my hipbones just to feel they're really there. I stretch and my body feels amazing - they will never have that. They may well get their op, and even lose 5 stone. They'll put it back on. And then it'll be the op or the provider that have failed.

I have no time for people who can't stick to rules in the short time! Totally understand your frustration!

Ultimately honey, they will pay the price of their idiocy. I wake up every morning and I touch my hipbones just to feel they're really there. I stretch and my body feels amazing - they will never have that. They may well get their op, and even lose 5 stone. They'll put it back on. And then it'll be the op or the provider that have failed.

I don't like all the bones I keep finding.

As you know l am only just over 3 weeks post bypass, but l feel my whole life has already changed for the better, l can now get my engagement ring on again! and have started putting make up on. Why do people think they can cheat when we have all been given this wonderful gift. Helenx

As you know l am only just over 3 weeks post bypass, but l feel my whole life has already changed for the better, l can now get my engagement ring on again! and have started putting make up on. Why do people think they can cheat when we have all been given this wonderful gift. Helenx

So right Helen it's a last chance saloon

Paula I think you hit the nail on the head ... I honestly think you need to have been at rock bottom or close to it to fully appreciate and embrace the concept of WLS. Your friend is obviously not there yet if she cannot see the error in her question... so I do wonder why the NHS do not vet their clients more or are people just very good at pulling the wool over their surgeons eyes. .... I'm still sat here pinching myself that I have been given a second chance of life and at the risk of sounding really cheesy ... I have been saved!

Paula I think you hit the nail on the head ... I honestly think you need to have been at rock bottom or close to it to fully appreciate and embrace the concept of WLS. Your friend is obviously not there yet if she cannot see the error in her question... so I do wonder why the NHS do not vet their clients more or are people just very good at pulling the wool over their surgeons eyes. .... I'm still sat here pinching myself that I have been given a second chance of life and at the risk of sounding really cheesy ... I have been saved!

I really couldn't believe it came out of her mouth! The look of despondency on my face said it all. I like you am so appreciative of the second chance I have been given. This is the fittest and the lowest weight I've been for my entire adult life. I for one am not messing this up.

I really couldn't believe it came out of her mouth! The look of despondency on my face said it all. I like you am so appreciative of the second chance I have been given. This is the fittest and the lowest weight I've been for my entire adult life. I for one am not messing this up.

Totally agree with both of you. I've lost 14 stone now and Iam down to 12.7-13 bouncing back and forth. I've never weighed that since I was about 13.
I still can't believe she even thought of asking the question.

The mind boggles to be honest and it does make me angry to see and hear of people who squander their chance.... I see it more as they have squandered somebody else's place on the list that may have been more "in need" & appreciative of it.

Back