• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Will I be able to drink a mug of tea post-surgery?

Samsara

Sorry if this is a daft question! :eek: Because I keep reading about small sips and not having too much fluid in one go - are you able to have and enjoy a mug of tea? And whether you could do this pretty much straight away after surgery when on liquids only - or does it take some time?

Also I wondered how people coped with hydration when exercising? I understand you can no longer gulp water/fluid down as you once did. Has anyone had any problems with dehydration/not being able to take in enough fluids - particularly when it's very hot or when exercising? Thank you :)

Yes you'll be able to drink tea, it may take you a while to drink a full mug though. As for hydration, the best tip is to carry a bottle of water with you everywhere and keep sip, sip, sipping :)

Tea is fine, you just won't be able to gulp it, as has been said, sipping. I'm a year out now and can drink pretty much normally.

My bariatric Dietitian said when in hospital after surgery(next day I think) they will only offer us water or tea/coffee,milk,no added sugar squash,clear soup but they also have build up tomato soup but we must ask the staff for that.

Get yourself a travel mug to drink hot drinks from so that they aren't cold before you finish them.

Yes, I was thinking about the drink going cold before I'd be able to finish it. As I hear from someone else that is what happens with food!

Took me a good few months to get back to my big mugs of tea but I can do it now yay.

I loved my tea before my op, cant stand it now lol but i drink coffee by the gallon! strange :)
it will take a while honey, but you will drink normally again, good luck :) x

I couldn't face tea or coffee for the first week and to be honest I'm still not keen - beforehand I was a bit of a tea freak, always had a cuppa on the go.

I'm okay to drink normally and have been since day one really, i try not to though because it is still early days and i don't want to fill up my sleeve and stretch it.

everyone is a bit different and yes - your dinners will go cold before you eat them!

xxx

Any ideas on how to keep dinners warm apart from micro wave? Prob a silly question but someone may Have a brilliant idea!

You can use a baby bowl, the ones that u fill with hot water, good luck :) x

from me phone :D

Back