• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WILL I NEVER DUMP????

Status
Not open for further replies.

reema

Hey guys i cant believe that i just had a crunchie bar how i could have that i dont know as I'm having problems eating an keeping anything in but I'm so confused about the fact that i was able to have chocolate with out being sick and I'm only 5weeks post op i am not sure how all this works please help me with any advice.most appreciated..:eek:

Hi Reema

Im a bander so cant really comment other than why would you want to try and make yourself dump by eating chocolate. From what I hear its not pleasent. If your not sure what you should be eating contact your team for advice.

Good luck x

REEMA! Why on earth are you eating chocolate?! Some people dont dump, i'm one of them but i've never pushed the boundaries that far! I think the reason you can eat this is that a crunchie will just disintigrate into nothing therefore you can eat it with no restriction. The question you really need to be asking yourself is why on earth you've put yourself through all the pain and worry of the op only to start sabotaging it just 5 wks in, i really dont want to sound harsh but you need to address this asap.

Dont mean to be blunt or unsympathetic...but why would you go through the trauma of a Bypass, then eat that crap??? :(

Hey guys thank u for your comments its just that I'm finding it really hard to eat at the moment I'm so hungry an when i was able to eat the chocolate i was happy as it filled me up but dont worry i wont go there again and to tell you the truth i never was a chocolate lover..take care all..xx

Never say never, you say you just ate it. Sometimes (from what i've read) dumping doesn't happen the minute you eat it, it can be an hour later....

Heed the advice of the above xxx

Hey sarah dont worry wont go there again..cant wait to see u hun..ur doing so well keep it up...take care..mwah

I just had a finger of kitkat so you are not alone. I didn't dump but I have dumped after 2 grapes before so I think it is variable. Just because you haven't dumped today doesn't mean you won't tomorrow if you do the same again.

Don't beat yourself up, tomorrow is a new day.

Rx

In the grand scheme of things a crunchie isn't the end of the world, but you need to get your head in gear, the first 6 months will see your biggest weight lose stage, after 6 months things slow down and most people start to stabilise at a year post op, so you need to re educate yourself towards a healthier life style and get your head around eating properly as this will carry you through 6 month post and onwards.

It is entirely possible that you may never dump, i dont dump either and can and do eat what ever i want, though take heed when i say 'whatever' as i know and understand what i'm putting in my mouth, the calories involved and and what its going to do to me.
Chocolate is considered negative calories, it gives you nothing nutricious at all and only bad things, its a slider food also so should not be giving you any sort of restriction either.

Sorry didn't want to beat you up over this, but like everyone else here has said you need to get a hang of this, longer term there's no reason why you cant have the odd treat, i do myself quite oftern, but at your stage you need to be focussing on your food and eating properly.

I am sorry if this comes across as harsh as I certainly mean no offence by it at all but I am shocked to read your posts recently. You have said you struggle with the water and you do not like soups and that you are 5 weeks post op...then you say you are trying bread and eating chocolate???? should you not only be on pureed food at the moment if not liquids??? And like it has been said already why eat this after just going through life changing surgery. You operation was a tool to help you not a total cure. You need to put he effort in to see the results and eating chocolate is by no means making a big effort. If you need a chocolate fix try options hot chocolate drink as that is ok to have.
I really worry about the kind of things you are consuming so soon after the operation. xxx

I've said it before and i'll say it again I DONT BELIEVE THAT MOST PRIVATE PATIENTS ARE FULLY PREPARED FOR THE OP, now i know there are exceptions and i'me sure i will be shot down BUT in my opinion and experience of waiting 10 months before the op i knew fully what to expect i researched it and spoke to people until i was convinced i had made the right decision and was fully prepared for this next step in my life and to be honest nothing has suprised me, i would be very worried if i had eaten a chocolate bar after 5 months never mind 5 weeks and i would seek advice very quickly before it gets out of hand, again ime prepared to put on my tin hat and wait for responses, i will give advice and i'll be prepared to take it.

I've said it before and i'll say it again I DONT BELIEVE THAT MOST PRIVATE PATIENTS ARE FULLY PREPARED FOR THE OP, now i know there are exceptions and i'me sure i will be shot down BUT in my opinion and experience of waiting 10 months before the op i knew fully what to expect i researched it and spoke to people until i was convinced i had made the right decision and was fully prepared for this next step in my life and to be honest nothing has suprised me, i would be very worried if i had eaten a chocolate bar after 5 months never mind 5 weeks and i would seek advice very quickly before it gets out of hand, again ime prepared to put on my tin hat and wait for responses, i will give advice and i'll be prepared to take it.

I agree totally with this (again I don't think applies to everyone!!). I originally thought about going privately as thought it'd be a much longer process than it has been (I know I've been very lucky). However, I know that I would not have been as prepared as I feel I am now. I would have just jumped in with both feet!!! The few months I've had to wait have given me time to really get my head around it all!!! I'm sure I'll be back asking many, MANY questions post-op but hopefully I will also be prepared to accept the changes and stick to them.

I am with you on this as it is all done so quickly when going private there does not seem to be the time for serious thinking before hand I know it is not the same for all private patients and I suppose there a few NHS patients that do not think it through properly as well. It seems there is a majority that do think but there are a few that have rushed in and are now left confused and unsure. Lets hope those few seek the correct after care and get the help they need.

Hey I'm finding some comments really unfair its really hard when your not able to eat and then i had terrible headache some one told me to have a little chocolate as it helps i was so hungry an when i was able to eat the chocolate i had half of it i could of had it all but i didn't i dont expect every one to be kind but maybe a little considerate as its really hard...
Thank you to silver surfer and rose wannabe and mazza phat momma..xxx

Hey I'm finding some comments really unfair its really hard when your not able to eat and then i had terrible headache some one told me to have a little chocolate as it helps i was so hungry an when i was able to eat the chocolate i had half of it i could of had it all but i didn't i dont expect every one to be kind but maybe a little considerate as its really hard...

I hope you find a happy medium soon and can settle down to some good healthy eating and enjoy the road to being thin and healthy. It is all trial and error and a tough learning curb but worth it in the long run. I struggled at the start and I am ok now but we all still have niggles and problems no matter what stage we are at hun. Best wishes to you xxx

i had terrible headache some one told me to have a little chocolate as it helps i was so hungry an when i was able to eat the chocolate i had half of it

Let me guess, this wasn't your aftercare team?

You have found it fine to listen to someone who says for headaches, take chocolate but you obviously haven't listened to your team when they have told you NOT to eat chocolate and NOT to eat bread as it could cause you to be ill and have a negative affect on your weightloss and recovery!

Hey we all cock it up from time to time, its a massive learning curve to start with, in fact the first year post op is a massive learning curve for us all, i suspect your not the only person to have done this and certainly wont be the last, its a difficult transition, and whilst the advice here seems a little harsh (he says) its good for us all to remember that its not easy.

Reema please listen and follow the advice your surgical team have given you, i cant believe as a private paitent they have operated on you and cut you loose with no aftercare, support or dietry advice, (if they have IM me and i'll send you some dietry stuff i have and had from my provider) please ignore this friend thats telling you to eat chocolate as they are really not your friend and obviously dont understand the procedure you've undergone, if you have a headache its going to be because your not getting enough fluids in, and for gods sake take an asprine or paracetamol not chocolate ;)

The chocolate episode was yesterday, todays a new day - so move forward. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back