• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WILL I NEVER DUMP????

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing better than a good healthy discussion as long has it stays that way,we all are entitled to an opinion thats why this forum is very very helpful, Reema came on looking for advice and i for 1 have the upmost respect for that and yes it has stirred some feelings that we all have but some more than others, ive read from top to bottom of this thread and realise that some people have struggled more than others and if my earlier comments have upset or belittled any body i am sorry and they certainly werent meant that way, i hope that Reema has looked at the posts and can see that we ALL do care and want to succeed on this journey and we will be the strength to people who are struggling hopefully in many years to come.

Reema, Im going to be honest, and i couldnt give a monkies what anyone else will say to this.

I eat chocolate, i eat bread... they are not evil. I was never told i wasnt allowed those things, i, infact have been told by 2 different dieticians both are fine.

I had this op, which was paid for privately, so i could eat like a normal person. And to me, that means eatting bread or chocolate. and i do so, when i feel the need. I rarely eat proper chocolate, its eaither weight watchers or sugar free. But i eat it. I dont "SHOVEL" it in, nor did i prior to my op, I have never been a choc-a-holic, nor will I ever be. But i do enjoy the odd bit now and then.

True it was longer than 5 weeks before i ate such a thing.
And as long as you know you have the will power or the mind set not to make it a daily occurance, than thats great!

Not everyone who had the bypass had a eating disorder, or problem with food, some of us just plain old ate too much.

I put on most of my weight when i was in my teens and was very ill. I wasnt eating cheese burgers and fries everyday... (of a chocolate bar between two slices of bread) - i simply ate too much at a time when i couldnt get enough exersice due to illness, what i should have done was reduced how much i ate. but i didnt. And frankly, from then on, i ate too much... of everything. Not just crap.

Im really angry with a lot of the posts on here, you need guidence, not people acting like they are some kind of food god.

Im 9 months down the line, over 8 stone lighter, and i havent deprived myself, i didnt want to feel like i was on a perminant diet.

What im saying is, yes, if you have a problem with a type of food, be it choc, or crisps, or any other food, avoid it, be strong.

But to me, i know i can have half a cookie as part of my healthy diet and be satified and not binge.

Chin up!!!

I paid for my op, and i think its disgusting people can say its a choice taken lightly just because of that.
Im sure there are people both private and nhs who dont think it through enough.

People need to get off their high horse for a moment and offer help, not just shove their ore in so they can feel superior.

ps... i know ive made a million spelling mastakes, but im too angry to re read and correct them!

HURMPFFFFF!

(and thus ends my strop lol)

.x.
Hey Baypassbee Thanks for your support most appreciated but ts ok i dont mind the comments to tell you the truth I'm a little shocked with some of the comments but hey its cool Hun dont get yourself work up..Congratulations to you your doing so well keep it up.take care..xx

There is nothing better than a good healthy discussion as long has it stays that way,we all are entitled to an opinion thats why this forum is very very helpful, Reema came on looking for advice and i for 1 have the upmost respect for that and yes it has stirred some feelings that we all have but some more than others, ive read from top to bottom of this thread and realise that some people have struggled more than others and if my earlier comments have upset or belittled any body i am sorry and they certainly werent meant that way, i hope that Reema has looked at the posts and can see that we ALL do care and want to succeed on this journey and we will be the strength to people who are struggling hopefully in many years to come.
Hey its cool dont worry we all are learing..take care..xx

Fair play to Remma as i think she's probably the only one here not getting all worked up about all this ;-) ....... the facts are it was only half a crunchie, and we've now had 5 pages of slapping and bitting each other over it lol ;-)
All this fiestyness and passion is great ;-)

Oh and Jules - you can be mad at me any day darling lol ;-)

I think you need to smell the coffee. That is EXACTLY the same kind of attitude certain sections of society have about fat people i.e. shovelling food down their throats in an uncontrollable manner.

She is 5 weeks out of her operation. She was feeling ill and couldn't keep anything down. She had HALF a Crunchie bar ... she didn't shovel anything down. Yes there are wiser foods she could have tried but she didn't. However there is absolutely no excuses on YOUR part for such a judgemental and frankly 'high-horsed' approach to this. Good grief she was lucky she had the sense to come here and post in the first place ... I imagine a fair few lurkers may be disuaded on account of attitudes like yours.

Give her a break as I mentioned earlier. She had the tenacity to self-fund her operation and when things went wrong came on here for advice, sounding board or whatever, possibly because her surgery provider is lacking somewhat which is a real shame; a risk with going Private (which in itself is a minefield). What I'm sure she didn't anticipate was "no excuses permissible" attitude she got instead.

He without sin cast the first stone ..... luckily the excuses she provides, the ones you refuse to accept [sic] have no consequence on your weight loss.
It must be really lonely up there on your high horse WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN A GIFT ITS NOT THERE TO BE ABUSED.
I am 4 weeks post op and its no joy ride for anyone early on but we havent gone out and eaten a crunchy.

It must be really lonely up there on your high horse WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN A GIFT ITS NOT THERE TO BE ABUSED.
I am 4 weeks post op and its no joy ride for anyone early on but we havent gone out and eaten a crunchy.
I'm sorry u feel that way lotsabeefy but if you got nothing useful to say please dont comment...Thank you.

Well perhaps take this as a hint that you DO come across as judgemental and just because you CAN criticise and judge, does not mean you SHOULD

:)
And you come across as self righteous. I wasn't aware that we weren't allowed to react honestly to what we read and would expect nothing more than honesty if i were to post.
I make no apology for feeling this way about this post and if i have over stepped the mark(which i doubt) then I'm sure the mods will see to it that i am unable to log on in the future.

There has been some very good debate so far in this thread, and I have refrained from posting until now.

It would be great if we could keep the discussion going, but please, if you disagree with another poster, then it is fine to have your say via reasoned and well thought posts without the need to get personal or to be judgemental.

We are all here with the same goals in mind... to make a success of the surgery we have chosen to have.

Reema, I hope today has been a better day for you x

Hi all, have read every post in this thread from start to finish. As a pre-opper, I too am worried that after the op I will still want to eat things like chocolate. I have found all your replies interesting, and will definitely bear all in mind after my operation, which won't be until the end of the year probably. It just seems strange that some people dump and others don't, as I thought that the bypassing of the small intestine made hormonal changes which caused the dumping, or am I wrong in thinking that?

There has been some very good debate so far in this thread, and I have refrained from posting until now.

It would be great if we could keep the discussion going, but please, if you disagree with another poster, then it is fine to have your say via reasoned and well thought posts without the need to get personal or to be judgemental.

We are all here with the same goals in mind... to make a success of the surgery we have chosen to have.

Reema, I hope today has been a better day for you x

Nicely put Sam, personally i find the whole thing hilerious, you lot arguing over the rights and wrongs of half a crunchie :8855:you should see what i get through a day food wise :D

Actually in fact i quite fancy a crunchie now :8855:

Nicely put Sam, personally i find the whole thing hilerious, you lot arguing over the rights and wrongs of half a crunchie :8855:you should see what i get through a day food wise :D

How very dare you mention the consumption of a Crunchie on this site never mind this thread!!!!

Here's the half that didn't get eaten (you can have it if you like) ;)

200981721202468-460187-151927-210036.jpg

lol i just chowed down on a choco wafer... weight watchers naturally ;)

.x.

LMAO!

How very dare you mention the consumption of a Crunchie on this site never mind this thread!!!!

Here's the half that didn't get eaten (you can have it if you like) ;)

200981721202468-460187-151927-210036.jpg

Sadly i've rooted through the cupboard and can only find a king sized Mars bar, so thats going to have to do for tonight :D :8855:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back