• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WILL I NEVER DUMP????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry! I dont agree, yes we all have had our bypass/bands for the same reason.
However most of us treat the bypass/band with respect and dont shovel the first bit of chocolate etc down our necks that we can get hold of.
Its hard for everyone, we have all felt like crap from time to time since our ops.
I dont except these excuses.

I can assure you that I never shovel anything, but I have, like Reema, been desperate enough to eat something, just something, so that I could get some food in without feeling sick! This doesn't affect me long term and make me a "bad person" and to be honest, I think being judgemental on here is the last thing any of us need.

It's fine to set standards for yourself, but please do not push them onto others :) Every one of us has to find our own way...

I can assure you that I never shovel anything, but I have, like Reema, been desperate enough to eat something, just something, so that I could get some food in without feeling sick! This doesn't affect me long term and make me a "bad person" and to be honest, I think being judgemental on here is the last thing any of us need.

It's fine to set standards for yourself, but please do not push them onto others :) Every one of us has to find our own way...

I'm not aware that im being judgmental toward anyone. If you post something then you should be aware that not everyone will feel sympathy towards you and that your actions may frustrate or even anger others as they are also fighting thier own urges and cravings.
We have been given a second chance and therefore should treat it with the respect it deserves.

Hey Hun thank for your support but its OK but some people need to understand that i am only 5weeks post op and I'm still learning if i new what was wrong for me i wouldn't be here in the first place..Hope its going well for you? its really hard when your finding it really hard to keep anything in but not everybody will understand but hey its cool..Take care..xxx

Its hard for everyone, we have all felt like crap from time to time since our ops.

This is exactly what I mean.... From time to time. Try throwing up everything you put in your mouth day in day out week in week out. It is horrific and disheartening.

I at one point thought sod this if i'm gonna be sick I'l be sick on something I like. As it turns out I didn't like it anymore and I was very very sick, but you live and learn.

Struggling from time to time is not the same as throwing up non stop and I think people should realise not everyone recovers so quickly and if you had no food intake due to sickness for weeks on end would you not eat the only thing you could keep down even once..... I find that hard to believe.

Reema, I have tested my pouch as well. I was eating too fast and too much and being sick a lot. It feels horrible when people 'tell you off' and it made me sulk for a while. It's true, if we were perfect we wouldn't be in this predicament!

:8855:- Last night i invented a new high cal horror desert ........ Milk chocolate choc ice, in a bowl and cover it in extra thick double cream - the cream freezes to a hard crust all over the choc ice, its delicious ! you get this hard cruchy layer of cream, then the chocolate followed by the ice cream yum :D

Or as an alternative try my ice cream sandwich - layer of ice cream, then a thin layer of chocolate sauce and then a layer on the top thus making a sandwich, cover the lot in cream and let the cream freeze before eating lol lol :8855: fantastic........even better done when with company that are either trying to lose weight or know you have a weight problem lol :8855:

Please note: Dont try this at home, as this is dangerous and you need to be an expert ;) to get away with this sort of eating,

I am dribbling here...do you mind lol

So tell me ....how much exercise would I have to do???? :8855:

This is exactly what I mean.... From time to time. Try throwing up everything you put in your mouth day in day out week in week out. It is horrific and disheartening.

I at one point thought sod this if i'm gonna be sick I'l be sick on something I like. As it turns out I didn't like it anymore and I was very very sick, but you live and learn.

Struggling from time to time is not the same as throwing up non stop and I think people should realise not everyone recovers so quickly and if you had no food intake due to sickness for weeks on end would you not eat the only thing you could keep down even once..... I find that hard to believe.
Thanks hun good to know that some people do understand what I'm going through..hope your doing well?
Take care..xxxx

I'm sorry! I dont agree, yes we all have had our bypass/bands for the same reason.
However most of us treat the bypass/band with respect and dont shovel the first bit of chocolate etc down our necks that we can get hold of.

I think you need to smell the coffee. That is EXACTLY the same kind of attitude certain sections of society have about fat people i.e. shovelling food down their throats in an uncontrollable manner.

She is 5 weeks out of her operation. She was feeling ill and couldn't keep anything down. She had HALF a Crunchie bar ... she didn't shovel anything down. Yes there are wiser foods she could have tried but she didn't. However there is absolutely no excuses on YOUR part for such a judgemental and frankly 'high-horsed' approach to this. Good grief she was lucky she had the sense to come here and post in the first place ... I imagine a fair few lurkers may be disuaded on account of attitudes like yours.

Give her a break as I mentioned earlier. She had the tenacity to self-fund her operation and when things went wrong came on here for advice, sounding board or whatever, possibly because her surgery provider is lacking somewhat which is a real shame; a risk with going Private (which in itself is a minefield). What I'm sure she didn't anticipate was "no excuses permissible" attitude she got instead.

He without sin cast the first stone ..... luckily the excuses she provides, the ones you refuse to accept [sic] have no consequence on your weight loss.

Reema,

I have to ask ... who was your surgery provider? This was a question asked of you earlier and you didn't answer it. I'm interested to know.

Thanks.

P.S - I'm not defending your decision to eat chocolate - it was a tad silly, but not life threatening. Instead I'm defending yours and everyone elses right to post on here without undue judgement and receive adequate practical support.

However patience can wear thin and rightly so. Use this thread as a learning point and realise that you have to dedicate your life to this. Hopefully as you get better you'll be able to keep food down and adhere to the principles of the bypass dietary regime.

All the best, CC

I am dribbling here...do you mind lol

So tell me ....how much exercise would I have to do???? :8855:

Ok - I do a 6km run daily and follow that with some light weights (for muscle tone) and burn around 400 cals doing this !

Breakfast is normally 1 toast with beans on = 250 cals - lunch normally a sandwich = approx 400 cals and dinner normally around 500 - 600 cals

So with odd and ends i'm eating on average 1250 cals - now minus the 400 cals in the gym brings it down to 850 cals.......i need 1700 a day to maintain my weight ! so i have to eat more daily otherwise i start to burn muscle mass which is what i'm trying to maintain.

So to answer your question, you do need to do a lot of exercise and once you are in maintenance you can adjust your diet and consume calorie heavy foods, though you really need to know and understand what your doing !

Ok - I do a 6km run daily and follow that with some light weights (for muscle tone) and burn around 400 cals doing this !

Breakfast is normally 1 toast with beans on = 250 cals - lunch normally a sandwich = approx 400 cals and dinner normally around 500 - 600 cals

So with odd and ends i'm eating on average 1250 cals - now minus the 400 cals in the gym brings it down to 850 cals.......i need 1700 a day to maintain my weight ! so i have to eat more daily otherwise i start to burn muscle mass which is what i'm trying to maintain.

So to answer your question, you do need to do a lot of exercise and once you are in maintenance you can adjust your diet and consume calorie heavy foods, though you really need to know and understand what your doing !

Well you definately sound like you know what your doing. It made me tired just reading your post lol. I'm no where near the running stage yet, I do my stepper and Wii Fit just dance but thats enough for now lol. However when I've lost more weight and need to increase my calorie intake due to too much exercise (HA) I WILL be trying your Ice cream sandwich :D :D

I love the idea of you getting up to 6km and then running it daily. Very impressive. I would love to see some before and after pics if you have any ;)

I'm not aware that im being judgmental toward anyone. If you post something then you should be aware that not everyone will feel sympathy towards you and that your actions may frustrate or even anger others as they are also fighting thier own urges and cravings.
We have been given a second chance and therefore should treat it with the respect it deserves.

Well perhaps take this as a hint that you DO come across as judgemental and just because you CAN criticise and judge, does not mean you SHOULD

:)

Ive been off this site for a while now cause posts like this one made me madder than hell. Just to stick my oar in. When I thoroughly (I dont think some of the people on here do) researched this operation, I realised I would have to make some permanent lifestyle changes in order for this to work for me. One of those things was NEVER eating rubbish foods again - no more chocolate, no more cake, no more biscuits, no more sweets etc. My thinking was that after 47 years of eating what I wanted, I was nearly 24 1/2 stone and suffering from high blood pressure and extremely decreased mobility coupled with low low self esteem.

Having drummed that into my head during the 12 months it took to get from first appt to surgery, something seems to have clicked in my brain. I no longer crave sweet things and whilst I have discovered sugar free treats, I can take them or leave them. Almost 10 months down the line now and Ive lost 10 stone and have gone from a 32 to an 18. Still got 3 1/2 to go but Im nearly there.

What Im saying is that:
1. Research this operation thoroughly before you make the commitment - find out all the doos and donts - it costs nothing to do research and it should be mandatory.
2. Be prepared to make permanent changes in your lifestyle to make the op work for you. People on here claim to have eaten doughnuts and chocolate and chips and all sorts and then wonder why they arent losing weight - er - work it out.
3. Remember this op is not a quick fix and doesnt change your head - YOU and only YOU can do that and if you do then living with a bypass becomes easier. Im not exceptional, I get head hunger and I have to fight cravings but I fight them and I am determined to beat them. The thought of going back to what I was scares the hell out of me and it should do everyone.
4. If you need help with keeping food down - speak to your surgical team - thats what they are there for - drive them mad if necessary but get the answers you need.
5. Unfortunately people like us are not able to eat what we like and lose weight - accept it, chuck everything bad out of the house and dont bring it in if thats what it takes.

Its not an easy ride and it takes guts and willpower and determination but its so so worth it.

Ive been off this site for a while now cause posts like this one made me madder than hell.

Other people's lives shouldnt make you "madder than hell" especially when you don't know them nor have their lives impact upon your own.

Research is a great and wonderful thing and I'm sure it's been done, but when one is sick one takes drastic measures.

I'm sick to death of people who think they can moralise or juxtapose themselves against strugglers just because they've done the journey.
fair do's you've offered some great points:

What Im saying is that:
1. Research this operation thoroughly before you make the commitment - find out all the doos and donts - it costs nothing to do research and it should be mandatory.
2. Be prepared to make permanent changes in your lifestyle to make the op work for you. People on here claim to have eaten doughnuts and chocolate and chips and all sorts and then wonder why they arent losing weight - er - work it out.
3. Remember this op is not a quick fix and doesnt change your head - YOU and only YOU can do that and if you do then living with a bypass becomes easier. Im not exceptional, I get head hunger and I have to fight cravings but I fight them and I am determined to beat them. The thought of going back to what I was scares the hell out of me and it should do everyone.
4. If you need help with keeping food down - speak to your surgical team - thats what they are there for - drive them mad if necessary but get the answers you need.
5. Unfortunately people like us are not able to eat what we like and lose weight - accept it, chuck everything bad out of the house and dont bring it in if thats what it takes.

However please please do not think that you need or feel justified in being 'mad as hell' - really not your business enough to blow a blood vessel over. Live and let live. As I said before - she didn't have to come on here and mention anything - lucky that she did.

Just hope others (myself included) will have the guts to post about any pre/post-op difficulties, should they find themselves struggling - without fear of facing the apoplexy of those who [reckon they] know better "cos they did it!" lets remember if it were easy we wouldn't be in the mess in the first place. :rolleyes:

I have a couple of things to say:

Firstly, Reema ate something bad, she then told us all about it, imagining that she would get some sort of advice or support. Instead we turn like a pack of wolves on an injured animal. I really don't see why after the first couple of people pointed out the sillyness of her ways everyone else had to have their 1lb of flesh too. Reema has learned a lesson and i hope that following this it will not put other post oppers (who i myself will be in the summer) putting posts on when they are struggling or have done something wrong for fear of these kind of reactions....

Now i really think you should all behave and stop scoring points of each other because i'm sure this crap is not helping Reema at all.... As FAT people we put up with enough bull**** off the rest of the world without turning on each other....

ps, nice to see you back Caroline xx

I have a couple of things to say:

Firstly, Reema ate something bad, she then told us all about it, imagining that she would get some sort of advice or support. Instead we turn like a pack of wolves on an injured animal. I really don't see why after the first couple of people pointed out the sillyness of her ways everyone else had to have their 1lb of flesh too. Reema has learned a lesson and i hope that following this it will not put other post oppers (who i myself will be in the summer) putting posts on when they are struggling or have done something wrong for fear of these kind of reactions....

Now i really think you should all behave and stop scoring points of each other because i'm sure this crap is not helping Reema at all.... As FAT people we put up with enough bull**** off the rest of the world without turning on each other....

ps, nice to see you back Caroline xx

I didn't ;)

PS i love it Jules when you get angry, so damn sexy :D

I didn't ;)

PS i love it Jules when you get angry, so damn sexy :D

SS how did you know i like to be called Jules ;)

I so hate *****ing it makes me MADDDDD

Love to everyone xxx

Reema, Im going to be honest, and i couldnt give a monkies what anyone else will say to this.

I eat chocolate, i eat bread... they are not evil. I was never told i wasnt allowed those things, i, infact have been told by 2 different dieticians both are fine.

I had this op, which was paid for privately, so i could eat like a normal person. And to me, that means eatting bread or chocolate. and i do so, when i feel the need. I rarely eat proper chocolate, its eaither weight watchers or sugar free. But i eat it. I dont "SHOVEL" it in, nor did i prior to my op, I have never been a choc-a-holic, nor will I ever be. But i do enjoy the odd bit now and then.

True it was longer than 5 weeks before i ate such a thing.
And as long as you know you have the will power or the mind set not to make it a daily occurance, than thats great!

Not everyone who had the bypass had a eating disorder, or problem with food, some of us just plain old ate too much.

I put on most of my weight when i was in my teens and was very ill. I wasnt eating cheese burgers and fries everyday... (of a chocolate bar between two slices of bread) - i simply ate too much at a time when i couldnt get enough exersice due to illness, what i should have done was reduced how much i ate. but i didnt. And frankly, from then on, i ate too much... of everything. Not just crap.

Im really angry with a lot of the posts on here, you need guidence, not people acting like they are some kind of food god.

Im 9 months down the line, over 8 stone lighter, and i havent deprived myself, i didnt want to feel like i was on a perminant diet.

What im saying is, yes, if you have a problem with a type of food, be it choc, or crisps, or any other food, avoid it, be strong.

But to me, i know i can have half a cookie as part of my healthy diet and be satified and not binge.

Chin up!!!

I paid for my op, and i think its disgusting people can say its a choice taken lightly just because of that.
Im sure there are people both private and nhs who dont think it through enough.

People need to get off their high horse for a moment and offer help, not just shove their ore in so they can feel superior.

ps... i know ive made a million spelling mastakes, but im too angry to re read and correct them!

HURMPFFFFF!

(and thus ends my strop lol)

.x.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back