• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

wish I would dump big style

teen

post op loser
sounds odd I know but I wish I would dump. I have started to pick at food including biscuits I AM SO WEAK and have no will power ARRRGGGG.:cry: Need to get my head back in gear Not lost any weight for 3 weeks either :cry:

Ah Teen - you have admitted it and now you want to move on, good for you and good luck with getting back on track. Yo have done so well x

your doing so well look how close you are to losing 100 lb bloody hell thats amazing and you have not been WEAK to get to this point come on chin up chuck the bickys out and crack on lady ! lol xx

OOoooo noooooooooooo you don't! It is dreadful!! Dumped yesterday for the first time. Drank something by mistake. Terrible. Don't do it! x x

you've done so well up to date, we all slip, but chin up and onwards and upwards...throw all the crap out, you know you don't need it, if it ain't there you can't eat it

sounds odd I know but I wish I would dump. I have started to pick at food including biscuits I AM SO WEAK and have no will power ARRRGGGG.:cry: Need to get my head back in gear Not lost any weight for 3 weeks either :cry:

Hi Tina

Have you been to New York before?...If not, let me tell you about Saks and Macy's and all the outlet malls you can go to...all the shows...all the places to go...the hustle and the bustle...the sheer buzz that makes you fall deeply in love with this very alive city..

and then there is the Empire State Building...if you pick at any more biscuits, you won't be able to climb the stairs to the top and beleive me it's a long way up....(But soooo worth it)

Just imagine how much fun you will have.

(((hugs)))

Put the biscuits down and get back on track, why put yourself through a bypass and then let yourself start slipping back into old ways its stupid. Your getting married in 3 months, do you want to be like me and hate how you look in a wedding dress, Im married almost 2 years now and I still havn't picked up my wedding photos and probably wont, thats £1000 down the drain all thanks to my weight. Look at the weight you have lost so far, you should be well proud of yourself :girlpower:
You will regret it and feel even worse about yourself so its not worth it

Hi Tina

I can totally relate to what you are saying ,i havent lost anything in the last 2/3 weeks but the other way of looking at it we havent put anything back on either :D,dont look at the negative side,look at the positive,i have come to the conclusion i have come to plateau for a short while but it will kick start again.

As for the biscuits,i am not eating them but snackajacks and like they were going out of fashion,ok they are low in fat but loaded with empty carbs,so i have switched to eating celery or carrot batons i know its not everyones liking but it fills the gap and tells ur brain you have eaten,and no fat or carbs.:D.

Good luck ,i am sure you weight loss will start again soon.

xx

Put the biscuits down and get back on track, why put yourself through a bypass and then let yourself start slipping back into old ways its stupid. Your getting married in 3 months, do you want to be like me and hate how you look in a wedding dress, Im married almost 2 years now and I still havn't picked up my wedding photos and probably wont, thats £1000 down the drain all thanks to my weight. Look at the weight you have lost so far, you should be well proud of yourself :girlpower:
You will regret it and feel even worse about yourself so its not worth it

Hope you're soon back on track - i think yummy has the best advice THINK WEDDING DRESS!!!! Good luck

Thanx all I just needed to right it down somewhere lol Got no crap food in the house its when Im on the 24hour shift at work I start to pick and yes I have eaten it then thought **** I shoulnt be doing this and made myself sick and I no thats wrong aswell. There isnt any support groups round here that I no off I am gonna have to pick up courage and tell my other half what I have been doing. Think could be a bit stressed aswell just put my house on the market and wanna buy a new place lol bad timing with a wedding and having an op this year lol

Thanx for reading my ramblings

Stoke support group -

Stoke on Trent/Newcastle under Lyme Meetings are usually held on the 1st Saturday of the month between 10 a.m. and 12. **Please check this sticky for updates for future meets**

The location is:

Nuffield Hospital North Staffs
Clayton Road
Newcastle under Lyme
ST5 4DB

Map:
http://www.nuffieldhospitals.org.uk/...under-Lyme.pdf

Tea and coffee are available and anyone and everyone (including your supportive friends) are welcome.

Your Support Group Co-ordinator is Angela (EnglishRose) - you can contact me on [email protected]

You're now 7 months post op, so the weight loss will slow down and you will have to put more of an effort in. Any bad habits will make you stall, so the best way to get going again is to kick out the bad habits! Have you thought about doing the 5 day pouch test?

I was just going to suggest the pouch test but Shel beat me to it. I know it helped me get my carb habit under control. I was starting to eat things I shouldn't and pick at stuff so I did the pouch test and now I feel like I have more will power. It can't hurt, it can only help. Just think about it.

Nic:p

The woman that ran that support group At the Nuffield has packed it in Lorna is/was gonna start to run it But herself has been bypassed now lol

Thanx again I will get my head round this

Aww a couple of biscuits won't hurt..........

Oh s*** that's what i tell myself and i'm twice the size i should be!

Best to follow everyone else's advice and words of wisdom instead :)

Good luck in getting control back, you've done fantastically up to now, it's a small hiccup in a little game you're playing with your mind!

Well done on been so honest xxx

Teen you have done brilliantly dont fall by the wayside now. You have had a few bad days so draw a line under them and MOVE ON..........you do have the strength to do it or you wouldnt have come this far.
You can do it c'mon............

Jay xx

I hear ya there, I went through the same and even put a couple of pounds on. I made myself stop and excersize more, I still have to fight to stay away from the junk.

TMI alert. Please do not read any further if you are of a nervous or delicate disposition!!!!!!

Tina, you sound really low but trust me on this YOU DO NOT WANT TO DUMP!!!!!! I haven't had the op yet but I have been on high does of Metformin as part of my Diabetes medication and that had the same dumping effect on me.

My triggers were mainly anything with fat in it such as cheese (and I love runny French cheese!)

It's horrible. Absolutely horrible. You literally explode. Explosive pooh, cold sweats, loss of all energy (to the point where you can’t support yourself), nausea ….. shall I go on? I knew every lavatory between my home address and work (McDonalds and GP surgeries are always great places when you are caught really short) and used to almost mainline Diocalm tablets in order to make my way through a 40 minute journey with only 1 emergency stop. There were times when I didn’t make it in time and I had to get taken home by my husband urgently for a shower and complete change of clothes. (Not to mention the time when I had a little “episode” in the car – which cost about £50 to have valeted)

And you know what the REAL problem was? IT DIDN’T STOP ME EATING A THING :( As long as I had a bit of a lie down afterwards, I would be up and raring to go after an hour or two.

Luckily, my GP was able to change my metformin to a slow release version which has generally worked for me. I could have cried when I first read the symptoms of post-op dumping because they are identical to what I had been putting up with but as long as you know your trigger foods and avoid them you should be OK. But don’t risk it hum, it’s definitely not worth it! Like Snow Crystal says, NYC will be fantastic and you will have so many fun clothes to buy and places to see – so flaunt you fab new body and LOVE NY!!!!!

love

TillyBob

Back