• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WLS and the over 50s

Is anyone using Bio Oil for their skin, just wondering if it is any good.

It is very good. On my list of post-op essentials !

Rose

It is very good. On my list of post-op essentials !

Rose

Hi Rose,
Thank you for replying to my post, and I will make sure to get some in. Post op my skin seems to be so dry, yet I pump in fluids all day. Perhaps it's an age thing rather than an op thing?

Hi Rose,
Thank you for replying to my post, and I will make sure to get some in. Post op my skin seems to be so dry, yet I pump in fluids all day. Perhaps it's an age thing rather than an op thing?

Could well be an age thing ! :rolleyes: Do you have hard water where you live ? I've never looked back since we had a water softener installed.

Rose

I'm 10 1/2 months post op and have lost almost 4st and I will 55 in a couple of months. So slow weight loss but happy bunny. Skin not a problem at the moment but have started saving for cosmetic ops to do whatever is necessary.!!

Is anyone using Bio Oil for their skin, just wondering if it is any good.

I did use it when I did Lighter Life and lets put it this way I think it is good for stretch marks, and wont do any harm.

I will be using it when I have had my surgery.

Also anyone out the been leaky (you know the tenor lady type), I was wondering if this will improve after quite a bit of weight loss, could do with saving some pennies somewhere.:rolleyes:

hy can i join your club im now 61 was 60 wen i had my op and boy wat a difference its made. ive lost around 6 st some of that before op so my loss as been slow but steady and it did bother me at first that others were lossing faster but now im ok with it and yes i do think that that is an age thing.ladylight i was awfull before my op , i was terified of going out because i constantly felt like i was dribbling, so to speak, and as soon as i felt i wanted to go i had to go imediatly and even then i quite often didnt make it , i used to have to change and wash loads of times every day but now thats all changed and that alone as made my op worthwile i feel ive got a life back as i can go out again without the constant fear .my arms are now very saggy but at the moment everywere else is fine but of course that will probably change but that is something ill have to think about if and wen it happens as long as its not to bad i think after all the years of living with the fat ,and all the problems and pain that brought i think i can live with a saggy tum...............kath x

Hi, it's good to know that I'm not the only one in the over '50's'. I've recently been granted funding and hopefully will have my op before I'm 59 next March.

I have times when I feel anxious about it, especially about recovery etc., but I'm really trying hard to lose some weight before hand. As for the loose skin I'm not worried about it at all, I'll just tuck it all in. I just want to stop yo yo dieting and reach a healthier weight, stop using my CPAP, hopefully get rid of or reduce my diabetes too.

I am 53 and like John said from a blokes side, and being the impatient bugger that I am, my recovery went very well and although I had lost a fair bit pre op (53lbs) I am losing about 4lb per week at the moment.
I retired due to ill health but having this done now means I can take the dog for a walk without needing to stop every 2 mins gasping for breath and I don't need my walking stick. Appert from getting married and my two kids this is up there with my life time achievements so far

Oh good I might save on the Tenor Lady with a bit of luck.

Another thing to look forward too.:rolleyes:

Back