• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tier 4 luton and dunstable

Foxy789

Hello everyone, well on the 3rd of Feb I was referred I believe to tier 4 yay I was told I would be referred to psychologist but I called up today as I was a little confused with my letter apparently I am seeing dr hasslem who will then possibly refer me to mdt I'm so confused at this step can anyone advise me what the hell is going on ????? Thank you Emma

Hello everyone, well on the 3rd of Feb I was referred I believe to tier 4 yay I was told I would be referred to psychologist but I called up today as I was a little confused with my letter apparently I am seeing dr hasslem who will then possibly refer me to mdt I'm so confused at this step can anyone advise me what the hell is going on ????? Thank you Emma

Hi foxy!
When I got referred to tier 4, I had my first appointment with the nurse then the obesity consultant and was referred on to mdt, where at my 2nd appointment I was supposed to see the nurse, psychologist and dietician, but the psychologist was unavailable, so I saw her at my 3rd appointment, where I was also taken off the milk diet!
As far as I know the mdt includes the nurse, dietician, obesity consultant and the psychologist, they then make together a decision to progress you to then see the surgeon and anaesthetist!
I'm now 6 months in to tier 4 and my next appointment is with the surgeon/anaesthetist, where I'm told I will then get a date for surgery..
I'm not sure if this is the norm, just sharing my journey so far.. I did my tier 3 at a different place, so may be quicker if you've done tier 3 at the same hospital!
Hope this helps a bit my lovely :D xx

Awwww thank you I've done my tier three at Luton too this is all so strange it must be the obesity consultant I'm seeing then so I'm not too far away think I'll be calling every week for a cancellation lol ☺ glad your a bit ahead of me I get to see what happens next x

Awwww thank you I've done my tier three at Luton too this is all so strange it must be the obesity consultant I'm seeing then so I'm not too far away think I'll be calling every week for a cancellation lol ? glad your a bit ahead of me I get to see what happens next x

You're most welcome lovely, I shall update more when I've seen the surgeon and anaesthetist on the 22nd! Not long to go now I hope, I'm so excited for new beginnings, just can't wait! I know it's not going to be easy, but I feel the tier 3 and 4 have prepared me well! Xx

yay Im so glad for you, and cant wait to follow in your footsteps. Im still waiting on a letter from the tier 3 nurse she said it might even be her doing my mdt. Its annoying I know it would be a long time but its much closer now i just want it done with and enjoy hopefully a less painful life. :)

Can I ask everyone a question, is it normal to feel like your life is on hold until you've had the op I just feel that I'm just waiting for the next step obsessing over the possible op etc does everyone feel like this especially nhs peps

Yes I obsessed for a long time worried that it was just a process before they told me you can loose weight therefore get on and do it! Hence when I was told by the teir four team funding was approved I was in total disbelief. Keep on your toes, I called to check the process and was given timescales this then helped me ie if I didn't hear I called again. Get your dr involved too if need be.

Yes I obsessed for a long time worried that it was just a process before they told me you can loose weight therefore get on and do it! Hence when I was told by the teir four team funding was approved I was in total disbelief. Keep on your toes, I called to check the process and was given timescales this then helped me ie if I didn't hear I called again. Get your dr involved too if need be.

Than kyou beepcat its like its over taken my life just waiting for a major event to happen, ive got an appointment in april seems soooo far away im phoning every week to try and get a cancelation but will see, thank you for your help.

Than kyou beepcat its like its over taken my life just waiting for a major event to happen, ive got an appointment in april seems soooo far away im phoning every week to try and get a cancelation but will see, thank you for your help.
Foxy, you're not alone with this, I've found I've felt exactly the same, along with feeling like id be tripped up and refused at any point.. I was reassured at my first appointment that no one is out to get us and only to help! I just wish it was a quicker process and it wasn't so stressful jumping though all of the hoops! A consistent approach nationwide wouldn't go amiss too, but never going to happen!
It'll all be worth it in the end though lovely! Xx

Last edited:
I agree Tori, ive still got 7 weeks till my first tier 4 appointment and i know that the mdt meet after that is a long wait too I was given advise by the nurse who said you will get appointment in next couple of weeks not months so im just a bit dishartened and feel like everything is just out of reach and out of my control i dont want to buy any new clothes as if i do get op they will be useless i nearly didnt book a holiday this year just in case so im just in limbo so to speak, would help if id erceived the letter im ment to of received after last teir three appointment 3 weeks ago ??

Quick update i ve managed to get an earlier appointment ok only three weeks but makes the wait 4 weeks rather than 7 so im a bit happier, as doesnt seem sooooooo far away changed me to a different doc to get it a Dr Rahman I think thats it god i hope he is okay any one else had him ?????????

Well done on getting an earlier appointment, I waited for mine as it gave me more time to meet the target weights they set! I also made sure that I had my appointments booked and walked out with the letters there and then at the end of the appointments, i get quite anxious not knowing so this really helped me!
I can't help I'm afraid, as I had a different doctor!
I've got my next appointment on Monday, I'm hoping desperately that they give me a date for surgery then.. I shalL update as soon as I know more! Please do let me know how you get on too, it's so lovely to follow people at around the same stage! Xx

well hopefully ill be able to get the date for mdt on the 17th, ive already hit my targets and done the milk diet only casue ive been with them from the start so im hoping for a smooth ride but as usual im not sure i will get it. have you had your mdt yet ??? do you have one ? Emma :)

I had my first mdt appointment in Aug, second in Dec and third in Jan! In that time I had to do the milk diet! at my last appointment I was referred on to the surgeon and anaesthetist, who I am seeing on mon! So all in all my tier 4 has been 6 and a bit months! Fingers crossed I'm nearly there now! That's what I mean about no consistency, your journey is likely to be completely different and nowhere near as long.. It would be helpful to compare to others to get a vague idea of what to expect! Xx

okay so ive read the letter i was sent out regarding being transfered and I thin i got it wrong im seeing a physician for initial accessment for surgery, god i hope its not a much longer process im doing my best to be good too. glad i got the letter confirming the referal though.

Quick update i ve managed to get an earlier appointment ok only three weeks but makes the wait 4 weeks rather than 7 so im a bit happier, as doesnt seem sooooooo far away changed me to a different doc to get it a Dr Rahman I think thats it god i hope he is okay any one else had him ?????????

I'm seeing dr rehman on Thursday, so I'll let you know what he is like :)

:8855::8855:
You're most welcome lovely, I shall update more when I've seen the surgeon and anaesthetist on the 22nd! Not long to go now I hope, I'm so excited for new beginnings, just can't wait! I know it's not going to be easy, but I feel the tier 3 and 4 have prepared me well! Xx

I'm seeing dr rehman on Thursday, so I'll let you know what he is like :)

OMG coffee cup we must be close together on this journey thank you I'd appreciate this I'm so scared trying to be super good I don't want to mess this up no now I've come so far xx

So... I saw the surgeon and anaesthetist today and I'm officially on the waiting list to have a roux en y gastric bypass! Should get appointment through the post soon, will be on the losers bench within the next 18 weeks!! So exciting! Xx

Back