• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Women and their waistlines

RoseA

BBC News - Many women face cancer risk 'due to waistlines'

I have to say that although I'm approaching the final stage of my weight loss I'm still carrying excess around my waist. It measures 34 at the moment but I'm not I'll make it under 31.5 unless I get a tummy tuck ? Time will tell I guess.

Good thread Rose....waist to hip ratio is a better indicator of type 2 diabetes & cardiovascular disease risk than BMI alone....it will be interesting to see your measurements when you get to goal. If you carried weight mainly around your middle, you may be quite surprised how much more you will lose from your waist in this final stage of your weight loss.

I carried most of my weight on my bust and hips/thighs. I've always had a defined waist, albeit not a small one ! I have a bit of a bulging tummy now which starts at the waist so that's preventing my waist from being smaller than it would otherwise be.

I carried most of my weight on my bust and hips/thighs. I've always had a defined waist, albeit not a small one ! I have a bit of a bulging tummy now which starts at the waist so that's preventing my waist from being smaller than it would otherwise be.

Right...I'm the same too, carry all my weight on my boobs, hips & bum...in fact I'm sure I secretly have a lead-lined bottom, but that's another story. Have you been measuring yourself as you've been going along? I re-did myself again this-morning, I've lost 28 cms (11") so far from my tummy alone, although I have that bit of a bulge too!

Right...I'm the same too, carry all my weight on my boobs, hips & bum...in fact I'm sure I secretly have a lead-lined bottom, but that's another story. Have you been measuring yourself as you've been going along? I re-did myself again this-morning, I've lost 28 cms (11") so far from my tummy alone, although I have that bit of a bulge too!

11 inches is fantastic - well done ! Yes, I've been measuring myself regularly and actually posted the latest results on my diary today. I can't believe how much I've shrunk ! :eek:

11 inches is fantastic - well done ! Yes, I've been measuring myself regularly and actually posted the latest results on my diary today. I can't believe how much I've shrunk ! :eek:

Great, I'm going to search through & find it to have a read!!!!....I must have missed that post when I was catching up with your diary, I'm still trying to catch up with the thousands of posts with me not being on much recently!

I think they wrote this article about me...

It's inspiring to know that there is the potential for me to find my waist in this lifetime... post surgery...

Thanks girls... I always say to myself my waist disappeared after my childhood and I never found it again... but I never say never.

Love and hugs xxx

I was a real cooking apple shape and the doctors told me that this was contributing to my back problems (walked like I was 9 months pregnant all the time) and was in general unhealthy - increased risks of heart problems and cancers!

So pleased I had my op . . I now am beginning to get a waist.

Back