• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Work lunch ideas!

p_relf

So I'm on the sloppies 3rd week post op. Ideas needed for lunch time food? Not always able to get to a microwave as travel around.

Also THG says for lunch and dinner ideas - soft pasta in tomato sauce (is this tinned spaghetti ?)

Thanks guys :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Hi p_relf,
What about soups (you can bring them in flask if you have no access to microwave), maybe porridge (in food flask?), yoghurt, maybe some soft fruit... That's just ideas, I don't have first hand experience yet so I can't tell you if this will work for you.

Or in any restaurant/cafe/pub ask for mashed potatoes. It may be embarrassing to order just that, but if you explain... Or you can buy sausages and mashed potato, bring a doggy bag (any small plastic box will do), put the sausages into the doggy bag and you have a dinner for you and your dog (if you have one).

On mushies tinned pasta in tomato sauce or tinned macaroni cheese was ok for me...not sure about sloppy stage tho ... I stuck to yoghurts, custards, thick soups :)

p_relf said:
So I'm on the sloppies 3rd week post op. Ideas needed for lunch time food? Not always able to get to a microwave as travel around.

Also THG says for lunch and dinner ideas - soft pasta in tomato sauce (is this tinned spaghetti ?)

Thanks guys :)

I had a lot of mush veg and soup at this stage also I found smoothies a good form to have at lunch time.

The best thing in this horrible weather would probley be soup in flask.

Thanks guys. I get a bit bored of soups. Only two weeks and I can have chrisp breads and French toast etc which will be good. I have a dietician call appointment shortly which will be great! Thanks again all. :)

I had either soup, sweet jacket potato with cottage cheese, tinned beans and sausages.

How about reasy meals like fish or cottage pie as well. Not ideal but will get you through the few weeks at work x

are you able to take breakfast cereal like ready brek, porridge or weetabix and a little bottle of milk, some are ok cold if you dont have a microwave.

Im on mush again now having had a fill, and at work I tend to stick to yoghurts and stewed fruit, maybe served with low fat custard, but I also don't mind cold vegetables so will have a pot of mixed veg mashed up but cold.

Mashed bananas, and if you're really struggling and you're ok with having carbs you could get the little pots of mash which you just add boiling water to, could always chuck some grated cheese on to the top for some protein :)

Back