• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried about what I done

benlthewitt

Hey all. Firstly this forum has been so wonderful for advice and really appreciate all the help.

Pre op I was totally fine with the op and risks. Post op 2 weeks now I'm like what the hell have I done to myself and what is going to happen. The hospital pre op told me its high risk procedure and life threatening. Now after op I heard about a women after ten months dying and others suffering from liver and kidney troubles/failure and malnutrition.

The fact the hospital has not told me none of this scares me and I'm like what have i done this is non reversible. Well can be sort of reversed but not fully. I have not eaten for 2 weeks is this normal or is there something wrong.

Sorry to moan but I am worried. Have docs appointment next week but just thought I'd ask here. Sorry to all hope there some help for me.

hey ben, sorry i cant help you but hopefully someone will come along who can, good luck xxx

Hi Ben , its Cheryl from support group . Did you get any contact details from Ian when you were talking with him cos if you have I think he would ne able to help you , he is very informed & I think be able to allay a lot of your fears . Good luck xx

Hi what op have you had ?

I take it you have had a bypass, so your on liquids at the moment, there are risk but did you not look into the op before you had it, but there are more risks being over weight. I would not worry about what you have heard, just stick to the diet sheet and you will be fine, I am 4 weeks out and feel great.

Hi Ben,
You are pushing yourself way to hard and fast hun !!! you really need to realise ths was a BIG op and you will take time to heal inside but it will happen!!!
Have you got to grips with the cooking side yet ???
You have had the op and now have to change your life to get the best from it and live a healthier longer life now xxx
(Dawn from the suport group)

It takes weeks if not months to heal and get used to your new plumbing Ben!You will look back on these weeks and realise they are the hardest,its all good my freind,relax dont listen to stories and do as your team tells you.Oh and stick with us on here we are a freindly lot and have tons of experience between us!Maz x

I take it you have had a bypass, so your on liquids at the moment, there are risk but did you not look into the op before you had it, but there are more risks being over weight. I would not worry about what you have heard, just stick to the diet sheet and you will be fine, I am 4 weeks out and feel great.
but there are more risks being over weight.
Isn't that a fact :(

xxx

I am scared of the risks, but I am more scared of dying of a heart attack in my 30's.

Really help you feel better in your body and your mind soon x

Someone said to me what a scary decision to make , to me the alternative was more scary , saying that I am not worried about the op at all . In my head & to look at my face I am younger than my years , but feel like an old lady when I am short of breath all the time & waddle like a duck lol . Am desperate to lose weight but scared to do do unfilled I know I have funding .

* until I have funding

I was so scared but there is no need. Had my op 4 weeks ago and used to have an inhalor as my chest was so bad, since loosing 2 half stone have not touched my inhalor once, was on 2 tablets for high blood pressure - now normal - no tablets, was on insulin 4 times aday, now on 1 small dose at night - what more shall i say - oh yes, i feel fab !

pandora said:
Hi Ben , its Cheryl from support group . Did you get any contact details from Ian when you were talking with him cos if you have I think he would ne able to help you , he is very informed & I think be able to allay a lot of your fears . Good luck xx

Hi Cheryl how are you. No I have not heard from Ian at all which is strange as he said was going to email me lots of info. I have been onto my dietitian that one no one likes but she just said that its normal not to want food or feel sick thinking about it means the surgery is working. But that contradicts their post op food sheet doesn't it? Well think they concerned a bit as want me in next week and has called for my medical records to see if anything is causing my constant discomfort and nausea plus getting dizzy badly when I stand up even slowly. Drinking is very uncomfortable too. Thanks for being there appreciate it a lot.

No worries hun , I can ask you questions when I get done lol . Hope the can give you some answers & get you sorted x

Hi Ben,
I know it is easy for me to say (not had my op yet) but please don't panic. It looks like you are part of an active support group, lean on them when you need to - and before you know it you will be doing the same for others.

Things I have read say that you can get depressed after the operation when the reality sinks in. You have done something that will make your life and health better.

We have all heard of or read scar mongering stories - but they are miniscule numbers when compared to the thousands of people who have long and active lives after surgery.

Just do as the hospital and support group advise you, treat yourself gently and get ready to start enjoying a whole new life xx

flowerofshona said:
Hi Ben,
You are pushing yourself way to hard and fast hun !!! you really need to realise ths was a BIG op and you will take time to heal inside but it will happen!!!
Have you got to grips with the cooking side yet ???
You have had the op and now have to change your life to get the best from it and live a healthier longer life now xxx
(Dawn from the suport group)

Hey Dawn.

I'm not able to eat anything unless I physically force a couple of fork fulls of food on the rare occasion inside me so cooking is a def no for me at the moment. Been trying to find yogurts but there nothing I can eat that's on or under the 5g per 100g in the shops. Can get fat free no problem but sugar man they all have high amounts. I'm still basically on water or water and ribena no added sugar one lol. Got to see team next week as they worried I think why I am still in discomfort and pain and not able to eat.

An expert will be along to help you shortly, but in the short term - your op was only done 2 weeks ago, you are still healing inside. Asking for your medical records shows your medical team are taking your health seriously - that is positive.
Feeling dizzy could be related to BP or blood sugar levels, you should try to 'eat' as directed, even if you have to improvise a bit with home made lollies. You need some sustinence.

Thanks to you all really appreciate it. Sorry not commented back before but didn't know I had any responses. I seem to be limited on this as I'm using the iPhone app and can't do much with my profile or even private message anyone lol. But for dawn and Cheryl here is my email address if you want it as didn't give you my contact number at the group, [email protected]

Feel free to message me if you want to. If I can make your profile pics bigger I'll be able to put names to faces lol. To everyone else on this tread feel free to chat here or email of you want. Thank you all really so much. Am doing what I can to fight this physical pain and mental depression I'm going through. X

Dinda said:
An expert will be along to help you shortly, but in the short term - your op was only done 2 weeks ago, you are still healing inside. Asking for your medical records shows your medical team are taking your health seriously - that is positive.
Feeling dizzy could be related to BP or blood sugar levels, you should try to 'eat' as directed, even if you have to improvise a bit with home made lollies. You need some sustinence.

Hi Dinda.

I'm 3 weeks now post op. had a blood test on my 10 days after op and showed everything was normal across the board. I know I need sustenance and believe me I'd love to eat so much but just can't stomach or face food. It's like when you get tummy upset or sickness and you just don't want to eat that's how I live everyday since op. I am trying to force liquids into me to stay hydrated but can only manage a max of 1000-1500mls of fluid and that's a struggle to do that as I get very rough and I'll. Appreciate your comment though.

Hey all. Firstly this forum has been so wonderful for advice and really appreciate all the help.

Pre op I was totally fine with the op and risks. Post op 2 weeks now I'm like what the hell have I done to myself and what is going to happen. The hospital pre op told me its high risk procedure and life threatening. Now after op I heard about a women after ten months dying and others suffering from liver and kidney troubles/failure and malnutrition.

The fact the hospital has not told me none of this scares me and I'm like what have i done this is non reversible. Well can be sort of reversed but not fully. I have not eaten for 2 weeks is this normal or is there something wrong.

Sorry to moan but I am worried. Have docs appointment next week but just thought I'd ask here. Sorry to all hope there some help for me.

Hi Ben I haven't had my op yet but I have done alot of research into the risks of the surgery.

In your post you mention a women who died 10 months post op - was she banded ???? If it's the lady I'm thinking off then she had health problems before surgery and the inquest found no connection between wls and her death. It's a terrible shame this lady died.

There are vey few deaths that have been wls related considering how risky it is for us. I think what you have to do after the surgery is take a calm step back and take one day at a time. Give yourself time to adjust.

Back