• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried about what I done

Hi Amy

Thanks for your comments. I am trying to be positive about things really am but finding out all I have is a big worry. I am taking one day at a time but another major downer and again sorry to you and all who reads this but finding out daily all the foods I can never eat again is very upsetting. Bless you all

Ben there are very few foods you can never eat again, you just won't be able to eat as much. And let's be honest that is a ideal situation for us. I've had Indian, Chinese etc etc. All in moderation.

Hey happy days.

Benin told can't have baquette ever again, breads, pastry foods, ice cream, hot chocolate, the odd rare anything chocolate and I like all those food types. I am glad though that you can eat Indian and Chinese food as I love a good curry but told wont be able to have rice and to be careful on pasta but to really stay away. So I getting so confused as have had two mouthfuls of pizza and went down ok plus tonight had a small bit of home cooked baguette the ones from tesco you put in oven and that gone down ok so really ????? What is right. How long post op are you

Hi Ben. Sorry I can't help with your worries. However I wanted to let you know that if you click the 'more' option on your app it will bring up a list. Then select subscribed and hey presto you can see all the posts you have commented on or opted to follow ;)
I hope this helps.

Ben am not being funny but u say your 3 weeks out, bread is not what you should be eating as this stage, have you not had a sheet from the hospital saying what to eat? I am 3 weeks liquids, 3 weeks puree, 3 weeks soft foods, then normal food but bread not till around 12 weeks x

I have done the liquid diet before and I can tell you the hardest thing was not feeling hungry but more about not chewing, not sitting down to my meal like everyone else in my house and actually cutting my food up and chewing it.

I think we all have to remember this is not a miracle operation it takes work and will power. We are all breaking habits of a lifetime. Give yourself a break and there is no need to say sorry. You don't have anything to be sorry for, I think I'll also find it hard post op just coz am so use to eating. If you ever need to let of steam or have a moan or cry then just come on here we are all here for you even if we aren't local to you x

Ben , Dawn is the lady who comes with her hubby & I am the one with short blonde hair who sat next to her last time x

BEXS99 said:
Ben am not being funny but u say your 3 weeks out, bread is not what you should be eating as this stage, have you not had a sheet from the hospital saying what to eat? I am 3 weeks liquids, 3 weeks puree, 3 weeks soft foods, then normal food but bread not till around 12 weeks x

Sorry when I mean bread all I had was a tiny mouth full that was all and chewed right down to nothing before swallowing and didn't cause me any hassle at all. Apologies for the confusion

pandora said:
Ben , Dawn is the lady who comes with her hubby & I am the one with short blonde hair who sat next to her last time x

My memory is shot to bits just next meeting tell me Oi silly arse this is us and then I'll know lol

That's ok was just worried mite be heavy on your new tum hun! You will get there, at your stage I felt awfull, won't be able to eat again, but u can Ben does get better! And just think how much weight u have lost xx

I really feel for you but I am sure the risks of being overweight are equally life threatening . Stay strong xx

You shouldn't ne eating bread and pizza at 3 weeks out Ben, you should be on puree! No lumps! Your pouch hasn't had time to heal. Also some foods if you eat them you ay be ok, but as they swell in your pouch you may get pain. you should try soups, strained through a sieve, custard, mashed potatoes with a bit of grated cheese, pureed shepherds pie or fish pie etc. Even a slim fast. At this stage it should be thin enough to suck through a straw.

you must take care what you eat so early on in your surgery ben as you will be ill.

Last edited:
mariew said:
You shouldn't ne eating bread and pizza at 3 weeks out Ben, you should be on puree! No lumps! Your pouch hasn't had time to heal. Also some foods if you eat them you ay be ok, but as they swell in your pouch you may get pain. you should try soups, strained through a sieve, custard, mashed potatoes with a bit of grated cheese, pureed shepherds pie or fish pie etc. Even a slim fast. At this stage it should be thin enough to suck through a straw.

Hi mariew

It was just a small mouthful of bread and pizza just wanted the taste as missed it so much and only done it the once. Fish pie made me funny could have been a coincidence I don't know. Have wanted to eat mash potato and grated cheese but cannot find any cheese under the 5g guideline. Did on week two try puréed shepherds pie but couldn't keep it down sort of. It passed through my pouch np but got to my intestines and pain. So not tried since.

I wouldn't worry about the 5g rule at this early stage, ur not eating ANYTHING, you need some protein in you or you will not heal, try some tinned fruit and custard pureed. just have a couple of teaspoons full. Have milky coffees too, and add an extra scoop of skimmed milk powder. Mix an egg yolk into some mashed potatoes, make it sloppier with a little milk. Maybe others can help with some ideas for you.

Ben do you want me to come shopping with you hun ?? im a dab hand at finding the right foods in supermarkets LOL,there is an Asda right across from the meeting we could go to, or have a look on Tescos or Asdas online stores they give you the full breakdown of all the foods which is much easier :)
How about just milk can you face that just to get some goodness in ??

Hey Dawn.

Insomnia kicking in again what a surprise lol it's caused by having a totally dry mouth every night started 3 nights ago. Never mind just something have to get used to. That's a great and such a wonderful offer I know the asda very well across from us but the meetings like last one can run on so late and wouldn't want to delay you getting home. I'm not worried about what time I get back to salisbury but shall we see what time we finish next meeting. Thank you xx

Ben
This is a learning curve for all of us you will eat pasta and rice etc again but all in good time. Stick to puree for now and follow the sheet if you rush all your stages you will end up stretching your pouch or making yourself very ill. Remember this is not a quick fix this is a lifetime commitment but things will return to normal as you get further out. Iam 9 months now and feel great, you will too but you must follow the rules.

Back