• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried about what I done

Hey Dawn.

Insomnia kicking in again what a surprise lol it's caused by having a totally dry mouth every night started 3 nights ago. Never mind just something have to get used to. That's a great and such a wonderful offer I know the asda very well across from us but the meetings like last one can run on so late and wouldn't want to delay you getting home. I'm not worried about what time I get back to salisbury but shall we see what time we finish next meeting. Thank you xx

We will just leave a little early its open 24hrs so no problem there :)
Have you tried cauli and broc cup-a-soup ?? nice taste and the potato and leek one is nice to and no bits in either :)

That's good news that I will be able to eat rice and pasta again eventually. Curry, tuna pasta bake and macaroni and cheese are my favs all home made. I try to think down the line I can eat normal foods but making sure they don't exceed the 5g fat and sugar is hard.

Leaving the group early is fine with me and can go round to asda and look see what's about. I have mushroom soup in the house that the dietitian said I could eat but don't feel like it. Wish I could get over this mental block thing stopping me from eating. It's strange. ?

ben i totally know where you are coming from see my old posts i totally freaked out about the op and i do in a way still regret having it done.. although i am now 4 stone down which i would never have been. I constantly fight with the fact that i have done this to myself and i pour over things that can go wrong, people dying etc im terrible and it doesnt help im a nurse. I have now resigned myself to the fact ive done it there is no going back i need to focus on the positives that this will give me.. ie confidence.. higher fertility rate.. less chance of some cancers.. and heart disease i could go on.
please be kind to yourself and try although i know how hard it is to be positive.xxxx

Thank you rainbow27 really appreciate your Cander and honesty and know what I'm going through. I am trying to look at the positives believe me but the negatives I come up with in research is scaring me. I'm hoping it will all go as the pains subside. I am currently getting sever discomfort just sipping drinking water so have informed my team and they want to look into why this long I am like this and not eating even sloppy foods. How far along are you stage wise since the op

i felt like that, and now 5 month out i still get days were i miss food and being able to "belly wash" a large glass of diet coke. I feel sick and dizzy (since found out its my bp)

BUT

I no longer use an inhaler
I have lost 5 stone and wear size 16 clothes
have extended my life by god know how many years
I have no regrets and can honestly say this is the best thing i have ever done

the first 8 weeks are the hardest i would say but it does get easier x stick with it and chin up xx

Hi all. I am in tesco own ibuprofen tablets the easy to swallow little round ones. Spoke to dietitian yesterday and she advised me to go on to them for now. Has made drinking easier now my lower abdo pains are hidden when I drink. Interesting call I explained finding foods that are within the 5g fat and sugar is so terrible hard and expensive she said the 5g is just a guide line nothing more but can eat normal food with levels a lot higher as sounds like my body can take it because I'm able to eat some cheese ok without problems. And as cheese is high of fat and sugar I'm allowed apparently to eat any foods I wish as long as its mashed consistency. Cheered me up

Hello.. In 2 weeks I'll be 6 months post op.. I've lost a total of 4 stone pre op which is at the slower end of the scale of weight loss my surgeon said its because of my PCOS & you know I'm fine with this as its not such a dramatic change.. I've decided to keep my surgery to myself with only a hand full of friends & family know I did this as I am a private person & funnily enough worried that the op wouldn't work!!! I now in a way wish I'd been honest with everyone but not that maybe people hsve asked about my loss as I've been up & down all my life.. Anyway I really hope this all falls into place for you.. Believe me once the pain has subsided that will help no end.. Take care xxxx

Hi Rainbow. ....... Had a roughy day today oh man did I. The meds are helping as can drink without pain so that cool. Had a weetabix for breakfast which went down ok. For afternoon lunch made jacket potato to which I scrapped the inside out and mashed it and added beans and tiny not of cheese. Ended up with a bowl full so only took 6 half fork fulls of food before feeling full and bloated. Then twenty mins later oh the sweats and nausea kicked in man felt bad so after an hour I decided to sleep for a bit and it all seems to have passed. No idea what happened at all. Got to have more blood tests tomorrow to check my hydration levels which prob be low as only had 400mls of fluid today. Not good of me I know. Hope everyone has had a good weekend though. Being on the snow woo hoo lol

You experienced dumping hun ! Don't know why but others have said about jacket potatoes causing this reaction .
Tomorrow is a new day though x

Yeah agreed sounds like you've dumped the early days are very much trial & error this operation is most certainly an easy way out! For a while I started eating rubbish again & I had to give myself a right talking to don't get me wrong if I want crisps I have them but I don't want them like I used to and I'm very mindful of them, they were a good chunk of the reason i needed this op..& I'm glad I dump on sweet things cause it generally keeps me in line. This is a whole new way of eating you need to learn.. Im happy your getting on better pain wise..Good luck with it & ask away this is a really helpful board x

I'm 6 weeks post open and I'm finding I'm not loosing. I've been at 218 for almost 2 weeks now. I'm following everything by the book. Did anyone else go through this? I've been released to work out now so I'm starting that today. And am finally on real food, no more pureed foods. Just wanting to see if this is normal or if I'm doing something wrong. I had RnY on Oct 4th.

blegarrett said:
I'm 6 weeks post open and I'm finding I'm not loosing. I've been at 218 for almost 2 weeks now. I'm following everything by the book. Did anyone else go through this? I've been released to work out now so I'm starting that today. And am finally on real food, no more pureed foods. Just wanting to see if this is normal or if I'm doing something wrong. I had RnY on Oct 4th.

Don't worry honey it's totally normal, your body is storing everything it's getting at the moment, when it realises its still gonna get food you will start to lose again, good luck :) xxx

from me phone :D

Hey Ben you mention that you've spoken to your dietician who said that the 5g is just a guideline, If you can stick to the 5g you will have a better weight loss. If you are having difficulties trying to find food within this tht is good quality and good on your wallet ten I can send you a very good website that I've found through the NHS. It's a shopping website that you put your favourite food into and it find healthier versions. Best of all it's tells you which supermarket is cheaper.

Let me know if you want the link and I'll pm you. Take care x

Hey all. Well I did a jacket potato because the dietitian said its something I could mash up which I did. Scooped out the potato. So strange that it triggered that but did add a tiny amount of flora butter and a couple small bits of the jacket so unless it was one of those two that caused it. I hate the weekends at the mo as I know the dietitian is not working sounds crazy lol. Yeah please send me the link Amy_m that be cool if I can read the pm as there a lot o features I can't do until I'm 50 posts from the help guide. But finding foods less than 5g of fat or fat free is so simple it's finding stuff 5g sugar or less is virtually impossible that's why dietitian said not to worry about it too much for now as it is just food I'm getting in me. Hopefully crossing everything I can start swimming this Friday if my luck changes lol.

Hey Ben you mention that you've spoken to your dietician who said that the 5g is just a guideline, If you can stick to the 5g you will have a better weight loss. If you are having difficulties trying to find food within this tht is good quality and good on your wallet ten I can send you a very good website that I've found through the NHS. It's a shopping website that you put your favourite food into and it find healthier versions. Best of all it's tells you which supermarket is cheaper.

Let me know if you want the link and I'll pm you. Take care x
wow amy, id love this too if you dont mind, thanks :) xxx

Hello all and as its December now I'd like to wish everyone a wonderful and Merry Christmas for 2011. I unfortunately are going to have to miss out on it this year as still not well and recovery on going. The mornings are great I can't complain at all pain free. By time mid afternoon comes round I feel weak and nauseated. The hospital have said I got to grin and bare this nothing can be done about it to help me I'm unfortunately one of the rare few taking a long time to get better. They think I may be constipated too as not opening my bowels hardly but I'm not eating hello so obviously they not opening.

Still not eating at all apart from the odd tiny fork full of food now and then. One major symptom I am suffering from is under my arm pits and that's severely dried out sores bright red to which I'm trying to combat with Aquious Cream but not working so off to try and get some stuff for it as so very painful. Let's hope I can get this sorted out at least. Take care all

Back