• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried about what I done

benlthewitt said:
Hello all and as its December now I'd like to wish everyone a wonderful and Merry Christmas for 2011. I unfortunately are going to have to miss out on it this year as still not well and recovery on going. The mornings are great I can't complain at all pain free. By time mid afternoon comes round I feel weak and nauseated. The hospital have said I got to grin and bare this nothing can be done about it to help me I'm unfortunately one of the rare few taking a long time to get better. They think I may be constipated too as not opening my bowels hardly but I'm not eating hello so obviously they not opening.

Still not eating at all apart from the odd tiny fork full of food now and then. One major symptom I am suffering from is under my arm pits and that's severely dried out sores bright red to which I'm trying to combat with Aquious Cream but not working so off to try and get some stuff for it as so very painful. Let's hope I can get this sorted out at least. Take care all

Aaw Ben. You are really having a rough time of it!!

I hope your Xmas and New Year are as merry as they can be. You never know, in 3-4weeks, some improvements may have happened :)

Good luck with getting new cream :)

Awh Ben you sound like you've been through the wars. Make sure you go to doctors for red sores and not just the chemist. I have included a link below as it could be an infection.

I don't mean to worry you but in your posts you sound extremely down and I think you should be talking to your doctor about that as well. It seems as though the hospital have given up helping you. I am concerned as to how much you are managing to eat and wonder if you could try drinking protein shakes in the morning while you are feeling a little better.

Please see your own Doctor :) xx

http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/health-tools/search-by-symptom/skin-rashes.html

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hey to all who posted after my last message. Thanks for your concerns yes the hospital has given up helping me wish I had gone to Homerton Hosp in London or on the east coast where they have great after care plan in place. But hey ho I'm stuck on mum own now.

I'm concerned that I am not eating still but apparently it's totally normal. Can't see how a body can go this long but I'm stuck this way for now.

I will see what chemist says but they may send me to the docs anyway.

Try posting on one of the threads about what your eating. It'll give you an idea about what others are managing. You might get some goid feedback on the types of food to try :) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hey all. Firstly this forum has been so wonderful for advice and really appreciate all the help.

Pre op I was totally fine with the op and risks. Post op 2 weeks now I'm like what the hell have I done to myself and what is going to happen. The hospital pre op told me its high risk procedure and life threatening. Now after op I heard about a women after ten months dying and others suffering from liver and kidney troubles/failure and malnutrition.

The fact the hospital has not told me none of this scares me and I'm like what have i done this is non reversible. Well can be sort of reversed but not fully. I have not eaten for 2 weeks is this normal or is there something wrong.

Sorry to moan but I am worried. Have docs appointment next week but just thought I'd ask here. Sorry to all hope there some help for me.

Hi hun, as long as you take in your foods and drink water everything will be ok... this person you have heard about had other health issues... so please do not stress yourself out xxx
Rayne xx

Hey all.

The chemist said its a fungal I decriminalisation probably picked up from hospital and taken a few weeks to develop. They given me canesten cream to fight it off

Ben you have been rushing it all to much hun !!! it takes time to heal from this op they have re arranged your insides!! think a year to be fully healed NOT 2-3 weeks.
Go back to liquids and give yourself time to heal you are no where near ready for pizza! do the liquids, THEN purred then mashed then VERY slowly introduce more solid food.Even if you spend a few weeks on soups ect it will be better than what you are doing to your new pouch now.
If you don't give yourself time to heal you could do some bad damage hun, slow down even if it means taking time off work this is your health and you need to get it right, drink more water that will help a lot.

flowerofshona said:
Ben you have been rushing it all to much hun !!! it takes time to heal from this op they have re arranged your insides!! think a year to be fully healed NOT 2-3 weeks.
Go back to liquids and give yourself time to heal you are no where near ready for pizza! do the liquids, THEN purred then mashed then VERY slowly introduce more solid food.Even if you spend a few weeks on soups ect it will be better than what you are doing to your new pouch now.
If you don't give yourself time to heal you could do some bad damage hun, slow down even if it means taking time off work this is your health and you need to get it right, drink more water that will help a lot.

Hey you how are you. It is my dietitian who been telling me to eat mash and soft foods so following their advice even though told them I physically have to force foods into me but that's a rare thing not regular. I am trying to take in fluids but still can only manage 1200mls a day that's it anymore and I'm really bad. I am trying to move slowly but they telling me to eat so stuck what to do. Anyhoo I will just do what I can and if I can. Will see you Monday night if your going to be there

Hey all. Went to my First party get together last night and it went ok to be honest. I managed to eat a small cocktail sausage and a mini Cornish pasty from Iceland pack and OMG something pastry based stayed down and had no effect on me. After I ate pretzel after pretzel and oh my god the joyous feeling I eating them was lovely and had no reprocusions either. But, today or this evening had some food and it came all way back up I was sick so that has put me off food again. Cooked up one of those Tesco micro meals Turkey etc. Well obviously my system is not wanting to eat. Last night being small bites it liked as a one off. See everyone on here who goes to Poole meeting tomorrow night.

Well it's been a while since something was posted on here so thought say hello to everyone. 4 weeks now since I could eat anything but I'm still losing weight. Hope everyone has had a great Christmas and is looking forward to having a great time tonight. Happy New Year to you all.

Hi Ben, the op is not high risk and life threatening, if it was there wouldn't be so many of us on here who have had it. If you look after yourself and follow the diet sheet it should be a breeze. The woman that died couldn't have been taking in the protein - you can get malnourished before you are aware its happened. Those with liver and kidney problems were probably not taking in enough fluids. If you are not taking in your liquids you will be dizzy - its dehydration and the longer you go without eating the harder it will be because post op we don't crave food like we used to. The stage you are currently on - liquids - ie soups is considered as eating, it is only short term so when you go onto the next stage make sure you get plenty of protein. Best wishes.

Hi Ben,
Good to see you are ploddng on, be nice to see the difference in you on the 9th :)

Julie2 said:
Hi Ben, the op is not high risk and life threatening, if it was there wouldn't be so many of us on here who have had it. If you look after yourself and follow the diet sheet it should be a breeze. The woman that died couldn't have been taking in the protein - you can get malnourished before you are aware its happened. Those with liver and kidney problems were probably not taking in enough fluids. If you are not taking in your liquids you will be dizzy - its dehydration and the longer you go without eating the harder it will be because post op we don't crave food like we used to. The stage you are currently on - liquids - ie soups is considered as eating, it is only short term so when you go onto the next stage make sure you get plenty of protein. Best wishes.

Hi Julie.

I'm over 2 months post op now so well into supposedly eating stage. Week 6 I was to be on normal diet according to docs but not able to be. Anyway thanks for your message and Happy New Year.

Ben

flowerofshona said:
Hi Ben,
Good to see you are ploddng on, be nice to see the difference in you on the 9th :)

Hello you me dear. How are you doing then. Hope all is well and that you had a great time over Christmas and tonight. Yes be good to see you all on the 9th

Ben

Back