• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried but also excited

Hi Clare revised, doing ok, wouldn't say I have experienced any pain apart from wind, wow that hurts a lot & for some reason some has lodged in my shoulder which is really bad. Taking a long time to drink tea, clear soup etc, up to an hour and it's freezing by the end. 5 lbs off from Tuesday till Sunday so happy to see things going the right way. Hope you are well

I had it for about 16hrs in waves from bottom of tum, up into left shoulder, excuse French hun, but it was fckin awful & kinda scary! But it does go...I was lucky, some poor buggars get it for days.
Good to hear from you xx

So sorry you've gone through that. I remember some of the other ladies who had surgery same day as me had horrid gas pains. They got up and walked and walked and it helped a little. Hope you feel better soon!

Hi everyone, just joined tonight and trying things out. It's all very confusing so who knows where this post will end up! Been looking on this site for a few months now and you all seem like a friendly crowd so please be gentle with me :)

Hi everyone, just joined tonight and trying things out. It's all very confusing so who knows where this post will end up! Been looking on this site for a few months now and you all seem like a friendly crowd so please be gentle with me :)

Hi Gibgab welcome, I notice you were sleeved at the same place as me. How are you getting on, have you had good results??

Hi crucon,

Had a couple of complications after surgery which has slowed things down a bit but starting to get on track again. Prof and Fiona have been fantastic throughout, I think we're both in safe hands. As for weight loss, almost 6 stones since October, but I think I lost a little more than average due to the complications.

I hope you're doing really well, along with everyone else on here who have had surgery recently. Onwards and upwards :)

Hi crucon and gibgab, thought I would pop by and say hello from a fellow Aberdeenshire punter. Hope you are both doing well!

6 stone gibgab, wow amazing! Including my pre op which started on 5th Jan I have lost 3st 2lbs. Haven't stalled yet but I'm fully expecting it!

Take care
X

Hey Matra,

Nice to hear from another 'Albyner'. As I said, the weight I've lost since surgery was in part due to a few complications which hasn't been a whole lot of fun. Who would have thought there was such a thing as losing weight quicker than you wanted to! I lost just over 6 stones between June and surgery in October, including the pre-op diet, which I was really pleased with. If I could only have had that self discipline the rest of my life I wouldn't have ended up having surgery. I still have a lot of shame about being in this position but, as Prof said, I'm back in the driving seat and I think he's right. Everyone on here is back in the driving seat and the only way is forward :)

A question for you and anybody else who reads this.......

Have you told many people what you've had done? Friends, family, colleagues? Or have you been 'economical' with the truth like me? Just curious.

Wishing you good health Matra.

Hey Matra, I just sent you a reply and it disappeared.

Right you lot, fess up, who ate my post?!

I'm away to look for it ~L~

Hey gibgab, I think if you are below a certain number of posts they can sometimes go to the mods for approval, happened to me a few time in the start - was paranoid that I had broken some rules!! Don't worry it'll turn up x

Hi Guys, I'm doing fine, struggling with puréed foods, much prefer soup, puréed food really makes my stomach hurt after a couple of mouthfuls. Pre op diet started 20th Jan and up till last Sunday I had lost 3 stone. 22lbs in one week which was unbelievable. Matra are you on normal textures yet? Gibgab you are well through your journey, how are you getting on 4 months in?

Hi crucon, yes now on 'normal' food, which I must admit am rather enjoying!! Although still can only manage about 1 1/2 to 3 tbls per meal. I think I pushed myself a bit whilst on puréed stage, was often uncomfortable / sore because I was desperate for some energy so sometimes tried to eat more than I should and then paid for it. Seem to have it sussed now thought and I think my insides must be all healed as I easily know when to stop. Drinking is a chav, still a struggle to get enough in but it has become much easier to drink and am managing over 1.5 ltrs per day.

Fantastic weight loss crucon, who'd of thought it was possible to lose 22 lbs in 1 week - bloody brilliant!!!!

Difficult night for me tomorrow, going to my husbands works Ball, just as well I have a bad cold as I won't have to fake too much illness when I not digging into the three course meal and free bar :(

Take care

Last edited:
Hi crucon, yes now on 'normal' food, which I must admit am rather enjoying!! Although still can only manage about 1 1/2 to 3 tbls per meal. I think I pushed myself a bit whilst on puréed stage, was often uncomfortable / sore because I was desperate for some energy so sometimes tried to eat more than I should and then paid for it. Seem to have it sussed now thought and I think my insides must be all healed as I easily know when to stop. Drinking is a chav, still a struggle to get enough in but it has become much easier to drink and am managing over 1.5 ltrs per day.

Fantastic weight loss crucon, who'd of thought it was possible to lose 22 lbs in 1 week - bloody brilliant!!!!

Difficult night for me tomorrow, going to my husbands works Ball, just as well I have a bad cold as I won't have to fake too much illness when I not digging into the three course meal and free bar :(

Take care

That is what I am doing, pushing myself to try and get enough in as I am tired quite easily and felt I wasn't getting enough nutrition, I am drinking plenty- milk is lovely. Good luck tomorrow at the ball, will be difficult and is one thing I am not looking forward to, especially as I used to Hoover the lot at those type of things.

Good to hear from you again, keep posting your results.

Back