• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried

Astraste

Heya, I am getting a little worried now after seeing those two people who haven't lost weight for 4 weeks on the wrap, I am worried that I will spend all this money having surgery and nothing will happen after a month.
Could someone who has had this surgery for more than a few months reply and tell me their experience because I am getting really disheartened

I can't speak about the wrap, but I have read lots of posts on here and all variations of weight loss surgeries have stalls in weight loss. So I think we should all expect weight loss stalls at some stage in our journey :) Hopefully some wrappers a few months down the road can come along soon and tell you their experiences :) x

Can't help much I'm afraid, as I have had a bypass, but I agree with Samsara, stalls are inevitable regardless of the type of surgery.. Hope some wrappers come along soon to allay your fears!!

I had a bypass 3 wks ago and lost 8lbs the first week and nothing since so its not just the wrap that has stalls.

I'm struggling to choose between the wrap or sleeve, as there's conflicting info with how well the wrap works with higher BMI's (i'm bmi 48)

Heya, I am getting a little worried now after seeing those two people who haven't lost weight for 4 weeks on the wrap, I am worried that I will spend all this money having surgery and nothing will happen after a month.
Could someone who has had this surgery for more than a few months reply and tell me their experience because I am getting really disheartened

I had my plication privately in the UK in August 2012 so am 5 months out and it cost significantly more than going abroad so I truly understand your concerns!

I've lost 48 pounds, so slow and steady but this was what I was expecting from this procedure. Yes I've also had a big stall where I gained and lost resulting in a net loss of 1.5 pounds over a 6 week period. It's to be expected as our bodies get used to the changes in reduced calorie intake. This is a restrictive procedure like the band, and just having the surgery will not lose you the weight - you have to work with it, and if you do can expect to lose 1-2 pounds a week.

I haven't worked hard enough this week - had too many high carb treats and not done enough exercise to compensate - result = 0.5 gain. I had a big loss of 4 pounds last week and suspect this may be the start of another stall, as I have lost on my measurements. Even when I stalled badly I managed to drop a dress size, so it really is our bodies adjusting.

I wouldn't want to put anyone off having the procedure as its the best thing I did, but stalls are part and parcel of any weight loss I'm afraid - with or without surgery. x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Last edited:
this is very interesting :) would you mind saying what your bmi was before the op? .... mines 43 and im booking for the 21st april unless i can bring it forward zx

Gillykit did you have the wrap ?

Astraste, I would still have the wrap despite not losing for 4 weeks. I have lost inches during that time though. I'm sorry if I sounded negative to you, but as this site and all the lovely people on it are totally honest about their surgery experiences, this is mine to date. Like most, I would like to see losses every week but realise this is just a phase on my journey.I will persevere and I will lose more and we will see you on the losers bench shortly :)

yeah of course....

The slower weight loss is one thing, I think the other thing is from in depth research the wrap can't be easily revised to a bypass if needed due to how the stomach is pleated during the procedure, at least if a sleeve isn't successful for whatever reason it can be revised to a bypass, and if i'm spending alot of money i'd rather have all angles covered.

yeah of course....

The slower weight loss is one thing, I think the other thing is from in depth research the wrap can't be easily revised to a bypass if needed due to how the stomach is pleated during the procedure, at least if a sleeve isn't successful for whatever reason it can be revised to a bypass, and if i'm spending alot of money i'd rather have all angles covered.

I understand. My surgeon discussed revisions with me and seemed to have no concerns, but it's personal choice at the end of the day. Good luck with your surgery x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Angee isnt on line until Sunday evening, but she asked me to post this concerning her wrap;

I have had weeks where i have stalled as well but am down 3st 11lb now since august 14th. i have not been able to exercise due to complete knee replacement and i am also 67. I am very happy with my wrap!!

I am still worried about the negative comments but I appreciate the honesty, I am still going for the op I just hope I can lose more and consistently x

It sure does make u think, i can only afford the wrap so anything else isnt an option for me, i just hope this will be the tool to help me, because my situation as it stands at the moment will just open the door to negative comments about wasting money etc :(

that said i am still going ahead but makes me a bit nervy on my success using this tool! ... some positive comments would be good and maybe some stats from ladies or gents who have had the wrap a while xxx

It sure does make u think, i can only afford the wrap so anything else isnt an option for me, i just hope this will be the tool to help me, because my situation as it stands at the moment will just open the door to negative comments about wasting money etc :(

that said i am still going ahead but makes me a bit nervy on my success using this tool! ... some positive comments would be good and maybe some stats from ladies or gents who have had the wrap a while xxx

Exactly this xx

Back