• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wrap vs Sleeve

clairyb

I have booked a wrap for May and now have started panicking after reading some american forums about plication. :confused:
I've been soul searching and I think I am coming out in the sleeve camp. It seems that the weight loss is a bit higher, and the hunger hormone removal is also pushing me that way. The wrap being newer and experimental is making me have second thoughts too aaagggghhhhrrrr.
I thought I had it all sussed in my head......too much information is sometimes NOT good lol!
I know they have done alot of wraps in Mexico and slow weight loss did seem to come up in the forums alot.

OOHHHHH , 'MY HEAD HURTS' :d'oh:

A lot of people have great loss with the wrap and no problems at all :)

I was the same as you.......I originally booked to have the wrap but changed to the sleeve after reading a lot more on the net.....I think you can find bad things out there on any WLS to be honest......in the end I had the sleeve as it had been done longer than the wrap and there was so much more info I could find on it.

I had the same dilemma and also ended up on the American forums Claire. But people seem to do well on here who had a wrap, I must admit. Who have you booked with? X

I have read (cant remember where) that the doctor who came up with the idea of a wrap never intended it as a permanent weight loss procedure. I may have misunderstood, apologies if I have. I am in the sleeve camp!!

Punkwitch said:
I have read (cant remember where) that the doctor who came up with the idea of a wrap never intended it as a permanent weight loss procedure. I may have misunderstood, apologies if I have. I am in the sleeve camp!!

Yeah it was initially an method of weight loss in preparation for a gastric bypass, but then results showed such impressive weight losses that it's been considered an alternative.

I'm slightly worried as well... Please let me know how much he quoted for a sleeve xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Yes we are lol!

Kat he quoted 4200 euro for the sleeve......alot more than the wrap........decisions decisons lol

Right, literally cannot afford a sleeve*ideal world* but I need a small q answered by those who are better at researching then me...
If * hypothetically the wrap was not as good as it should be could it be revised to another type of surgery at a later date???
This has been bugging me
Cheers all xxx

Yeah I supposed I could have the band put in as it's in a different place... I'm not planning it but I'm worried xx
Thanks for info x

Yeah I supposed I could have the band put in as it's in a different place... I'm not planning it but I'm worried xx
Thanks for info x

You're welcome Kat, hope i havent made you too worried! For me, it boils down to the wrap being too new. BUT loads of people on here are doing well with it!

Back