• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wrap with BBC. Has anybody had it done there?

I did get in touch with nick and he said in the unlikely event of post op complications the clinic would help. He has never had to call on them regarding this. I think we all have ups and downs waiting for our ops and going by polly afterwards as well waiting to get thin. We are all like a self group on here I think. There is a dr Ortiz on you tube under gastric plication giving a good explanation of the procedure.

Will try and have a look on youtube for that! have you all told your doctors about going abroad for surgery? Nx

All the clinics in Prague use the most up to date stitching techniques and the overall complication rate is only 1% so very little risk.

No I have not told my doc. I was about to have a gastric sleeve in 2003 and went to my doctor re my IBS he sent me to have a barium enema to check it out before I went for the procedure. The gastronomic surgeon I saw was a Michael nutt who was very interested in what I was intending and we discussed it's benefits I notice this surgeon now works at the spire clinic in Cardiff doing bariatric surgery. He was such a nice understanding man and I am sure most surgeons that go down the route of preventative medicine are.

Dont worry hun, we have to do what we feel is right for us at that point in time. Is your gp as un understanding as mine? Plus i dont want to hear all their negative views about surgery abroad! If they made it easier to get funding here then do they think we would be doing it! Nx

Well my GP was okay about it back then. I have just not been to see him as I am on the waiting for a complete knee replacement which is due shortly. Nick says I need to wait 4 months before I get that done and I will have lost some of this weight by then as well. I have read that operations here are very late so with any luck I will not have to go off the list only to have to get back on it again.

Thats great, the weight lost will surely make the knee surgery easier! Just can't believe it's just over a week away. Are u all ready? Nx

Hi Niki

Im good thanks, eating is going well infact yesterday i wasnt full after eating (i tend to be like this is cold weather) but stuck to the correct meal size and had milk as drinks to help fill me up and for extra protein. I did buy protein shake powder but cant stomach the powdery texture no matter how i make it so ordered ready made drinks online, they have 55g protein (lowest carb i cud find at 14g) so going to split it between breakfast and another meal as have struggled to get my protein past 45g each day.

Through drinking Milk i managed to get my calories to 900 yesterday, felt weird as in the past that wud seem so little but i actually was panicing as seemed so high! My providers didnt tell me how many to have they just advised 5-6 small meals a day but my gp told me to aim for 1000 a day as u can have gall bladder problems if u are under this long term.

Sorry for waffling lol how are you feeling Niki? Hope u are more at ease now after finding this site, i know i did x

good to hear you r ok, you never mentioned how much you have lost, or are you not weighin yourself at the moment!

I am good thanks this site has been a god send! been worried about what i should eat/drink post op a little, although my provider has given me a sheet it doesn't indicate how long i should stay on each stage and how many cals a day etc, but hoping clinioc might help with that, or if not u guys will!

Went on you tube last night to have a look at the surgery, that didn't bother me, but there were a couple of uploads from people stating complications, i know i shouldn't have watched then as they made me feel a little uneasy, blood clots and stomach erosion. but feeling better again about it today. Nx

Oh I missed the blood clot one but there is one clinic in Mexico that has a higher complication record than the others. If I took notice of all the reports about complications with the knee replacement op I am waiting for I would stay crippled for life. I did pick up the one complication on you tube but that is the only one I have found anywhere. We are injected against blood clots so are covered there.

Hello all sorry to butt in.. I'm looking to go to Prague for the wrap. Looking at costings. Cosmetic bliss seems to be everyone's favourite. Has anyone been with Prague beauty? All inclusive cost of £3800? Also bbc cheaper too? Any thoughts? Thanks soo much xx

Hi claire anna. I am in the car on my way back from brno. I used bbc and had the wrap. I can't complain about bbc and the clinic and nurses were fantastic. I have read on here that cosmetic bliss di give a better after care. But we shall c. Good luck we r here if u need us. Nx

Hi niki. How much did u pay?? Did u have to sort all out yourself? Accomodation etc?? Thx for replying x

I am off to Brno in two weeks with CB. Sooooooo in freak out stage. The number of wraps is on the increase so we should try to support eqch other here!

xxxxxxxx

I have a diary, Snow White and the seven chins. Hopefully I will br able to update throughout my time inBrno.

Well my GP was okay about it back then. I have just not been to see him as I am on the waiting for a complete knee replacement which is due shortly. Nick says I need to wait 4 months before I get that done and I will have lost some of this weight by then as well. I have read that operations here are very late so with any luck I will not have to go off the list only to have to get back on it again.
Hi Angee
I see you are waiting for knee surgery, just to tell you that I have had my achillies tendon surgery but with a spinal, it was fab (if any op can be fab) and would recommed it. If you have any questions about this please feel free to ask.

afandou1999 said:
Hi Angee
I see you are waiting for knee surgery, just to tell you that I have had my achillies tendon surgery but with a spinal, it was fab (if any op can be fab) and would recommed it. If you have any questions about this please feel free to ask.

This had actually crossed my mind As my mother who is 92 had a hip replacement in May using a spinal. If I had the WLS first I would have to wait 4 months for second anaesthetic but the spinal would be ok. Then I would have to be at the normal food stage to be in hospital I think. I have been waiting since august 2011 for knee op on what is supposed to be a 6 month list but I have not even been sent a pre op appointment. Now my WLS has been delayed I am very unsure what happens if the bone surgeon sends for me. I was hoping to have lost some weight before the knee op as this would give it a better chance of success.

Back