• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wrappers daily mushy menus...... Post your ideas and menus here!!!

mrs df

Mon 13th

Drinks. P. water/fruit tea/squash. 2ltrs. 40g. 174cals

B/fast. Veg smoothy. 150cals

Snack. P. shake. 18g. 96cals

Lunch. Homemade celery soup. 40cals

Snack. P. shot. and 24g. 107cals
. Boiled egg. 6g. 70cals

Dinner. Cauliflower cheese 150g. 5g. 123cals
. (Only ate half! But still counted cals)

Totals. 93g. 760cals

Have decided from tomorrow, to cut down the protein water and only use half a day eg 20g protein and 87cals and not use protein shots unless I've had a bad day protein wise. 2 reasons....1 cos the shots are repulsive and make me feel sick and 2 cos I would prefer to use calories for food not yucky flavour drink!!!! I will prob still have my protein shake as I like it and I'm not great at breakfast so this is a good replacement.

I think added protein is great when you can't eat either just after surgery for a few weeks or maybe on a bad day when food isn't going down well but I now feel ready to eat my protein!!!

Apart from last Saturday I am managing roughly about 700 cals a day and not quite sure how I can get this up as I can't eat any more just yet but I'm not gonna worry too much until I can eat solid for in a ten days.

Good luck everyone
:) x

nikkita

13/05

Breakfast - one weetabix with skimmed milk

Lunch - crustless quiche

Dinner - cottage pie

Snacks - 2 wholegrain ryvita with Philadelphia light

Fluids was approx 1.5 litres and had my vitamins and omeprazole.

Total calories 799 and protein was only 40g! I normally have a protein shake which gives me 35g and keeps my protein up but I just can't stomach them anymore. Had a really busy day yesterday so I don't get in my extra 2 snacks which would have been about an extra 10-15g of protein. Probably a good thing given my calorie intake as the quiche was a whopping 400cals which I should have checked!! At the minute though I've been concentrating more on the size as not to go over 100g per meal. My provider said at this stage I should be having 700-800 calls so that's ok.

mrs df

13/05

Lunch - crustless quiche

Dinner - cottage pie

Snacks - 2 wholegrain ryvita with Philadelphia light

Fluids was approx 1.5 litres and had my vitamins and omeprazole.

Total calories 799 and protein was only 40g! I normally have a protein shake which gives me 35g and keeps my protein up but I just can't stomach them anymore. Had a really busy day yesterday so I don't get in my extra 2 snacks which would have been about an extra 10-15g of protein. Probably a good thing given my calorie intake as the quiche was a whopping 400cals which I should have checked!! At the minute though I've been concentrating more on the size as not to go over 100g per meal. My provider said at this stage I should be having 700-800 calls so that's ok.

I know, its hard to get that bloody protein in isn't it?!
The only way I can do it is to just eat protein until I've consumed at least 60g and then maybe let myself have carbs. My provider said that even long long term I should be eating mainly protein and fruit/veg and as little carbs as poss.
I love bread/pasta/rice/potatoes but I'd rather not eat them at all than have a couple of teaspoons :-( :-( :-(
Maybe when I've lost all my weight I will be able to up the carbs a bit but sadly I think that I just have to suck it up and understand that my food habits have changed for good. :-( :-( :-( I just hope the benefits of being slim again outweigh the loss of all the yummy stuff!!!!!

I can't wait to eat a revitalising and salad....I need to crunch :)

Hugs x

mrs df

Tues 14th

Well I tried to eat enough today to get my protein in high eighties to nineties but just couldn't get there so tomorrow it's back to the whole bottle of protein water.....yuck!!!

Drinks. 1/2 bottle of p.water and usual up to 2ltrs. 20g. 87cal

B/fast. I egg and 1/2 small tin b beans. 10.5g. 140cal

Snack. Veg smoothy. 150cal

Lunch. 2 crackerbread with 1 ww cheese triangle. 2g. 63cal

Snack. Protein shake. 21g. 98cal

Dinner. 1/3 ww moussaka. 6g. 116cal

Snack. Danio yog. (Ate half). 13g 125 cal

Totals. 72.5g. 769cal

It was a right mission to try to eat more but still only got protein to 72. The extra 20g that drinking the whole bottle of p.water is still a better plan for me just now.

mrs df

Wed 15th

Drinks. P.water and usual fluids 2ltrs. 40g. 174cal

B/fast. P. shake. 21g. 98cal
. And 3x spirulina tablets. 30g. 5cal

Snack. Veg smoothy. 2g. 150cal

Lunch. Celery soup. 1g. 50cal

Snack. 2x crackerbread with. 38cal
. Call tin ww tuna in sauce. 7.5g. 76cal

Dinner. 1/3 ww moussaka. 6g. 116cal

Totals. 107.5g. 707cal

Hooray to have found spirulina tablets!!!!!
8 days til real food woohoo!!!!!

mrs df

Thurs 16th

Drinks. P.water and usual fluids 2ltrs. 40g. 174cal

B/fast 3xspirulina tabs and. 30g. 5cal
. Veg smoothy. 2g. 150cal

Lunch. 1/3 ww moussaka. 6g. 116cal

Dinner. 1/2 small tin M&S steak,in gravy. 17.5. 115cal
. Looked like cat food but was yummy!!!!!

Totals. 95.5g. 560cal. Oops.... Not enough but really busy today

Went to M&S again with mum. I'm telling you guys, I know they are seen to be expensive but their yellow label knock downs are amazing. I got another 3 kids meals which sell for 3 for a fiver but all reduced to £1.25. So in effect 6 meals for £3.75....
BARGAIN!!!!!!
Also in their deli section they had some amazing Chinese wraps with dip for 150cals a pack and their sushi also about 125-175cals per pack. I can't wait til,next week when I'm allowed to,eat proper food again!!!! They would be great to take to work.

Have a good day :) x

nikkita

Friday 17/5

Lunch - half a m&s Cumberland pie approx 90g

Tea - mild chicken curry with rice approx 100g

Snacks throughout the day - muller vitality, 2 wholegrain ryvita with Philadelphia lightest and a dairylea dunker!

Total calories - 658

Total protein - a shocking 31g!

1.5 litres of fluid and all meds and vitamins!

I've had another very busy day and just couldn't get anywhere near the amount of protein I need! Hoping this will change when I'm on standard diet. I don't feel hungry and everything seems great. X

mrs df

Friday 17/5

Lunch - half a m&s Cumberland pie approx 90g

Tea - mild chicken curry with rice approx 100g

Snacks throughout the day - muller vitality, 2 wholegrain ryvita with Philadelphia lightest and a dairylea dunker!

Total calories - 658

Total protein - a shocking 31g!

1.5 litres of fluid and all meds and vitamins!

I've had another very busy day and just couldn't get anywhere near the amount of protein I need! Hoping this will change when I'm on standard diet. I don't feel hungry and everything seems great. X

Huni , did you see my post on the post op diet and nutrition page about spirulina tablets?
Each tab is 10g protein and 3 tabs are only 5 cals. Might be worth trying them to boost your intake.
Hugs x

mrs df

Amazon... Rainforest foods spirulina tabs. I think they're £14.99 for month but check. worth it as all other protein source I've found are high in cals and taste cr*p!!!!
They're my saviour
Xx

nikkita

I'm going to look into them! I seem to be able to get between 30-50 in with food so the tablets would top it up great! I'm going to introduce tuna tomorrow as well. Maybe have some on ryvita. X

mrs df

Fri 17th

Drinks. P.water and fluids 2ltrs. 40g. 174cal
. 3x spirulina tabs. 30g. 5cal

B/fast. 1 egg scrambled. 6g. 80cal
. 1/2 tin reduced sugar b beans. 4.5g. 70cal

Snack. Veg smoothy. 2g. 150cal

Lunch. 1/2 tin M&S steak/gravy. 8.5g. 115cal

Dinner. 1/2 M&S kids fish pie. 7g. 125cal

Snack. 1 slice ww brown bread. 2g. 48cal
. 1 slice ww cheese. 6g. 43cal. Ate half!!!!!! Head hunger not real hunger!!!!

Totals. 106g. 810cal

Had a battle with head hunger last night. Think it was because my lovely daughter came home from school and decided to make home made pizzas for her and her dad. She wanted me to help. They turned out amazing and she had hers for tea and left one for her dad. I resisted any which I was proud of although I did taste the tomato sauce just to check it was flavoured ok!!! Just a lick,I promise!!!
I think the smell of the pizzas triggered my head hunger. I had eaten my tea and really wasn't hungry but was craving carbs and cheese so I put a cheese slice on a piece of bread. I ate a couple of bites but it just wasn't hitting the spot, mainly because I knew I didn't really need it so I binned it!!!

I also made very yummy pea and mint soup which I will eat some of today. It works out at 50cals per 150ml portion. It was really quick and simple to make and made enough for a few portions for the fridge and some for the freezer.

Have a great weekend
:) :) :) x

nikkita

I had one of those birdseye fish fusions lightly coated in lemon and black pepper. I only had half as they are 130g cooked and I wanted some mash, turnip and carrot mixed together as well. It was lovely. X