• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yay, my Vitamix Blender just arrived

Ginnywinny

I still have 7 weeks until my surgery but I am going into planning over drive.

I figured lots of health soups and smoothie will be the way forward for me so have made a big investment in the Vitamix. Anyone else got one or have good blender recipes to share? Was a blender a life saver for you or a waste of time?

My other half treated me to a Bamix blender in preparation. It has an aerator blade that turns cold skimmed milk into a thick cream like texture. Been a life saver through my pre op diet!! ESP as I hate milk!!

I've got a Bamix - great for smoothies, milkshakes, purees. I use it everyday for my protein shakes.

I was thinking of getting a nutri-bullet cuz my juicer is gathering dust since my op. I'm not sure how these blenders compare?

Thanks guys, I'm actually excited to start experimenting with it.

Emmahc1975. I read a few reviews on the Bullet from other people who had had WLS and they all said it was good but it burnt out after about 6 months x

Hi Ginnywinny
How are you doing?
I too have just bought a Vitamix in preparation for post op diet. Have you found it useful?

Hi guys

I have purchased a Nutri Ninja - I'm hoping it will see me through the pre op stage. I will whizz up some smoothies in the meantime x

Hi guys

I have purchased a Nutri Ninja - I'm hoping it will see me through the pre op stage. I will whizz up some smoothies in the meantime x

Love mine :)

Which one do you have?

Which one do you have?
Nutra Ninja the 900w one where you need to hold down the cup. Not had it long before my op last week but was really impressed. I researched them quite a bit and got a deal in Costco.

Yes I've got the same. It looks fab can't wait to use it x

It was the best investment I ever made I use mine everyday . I can't believe how great it works .

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

It was the best investment I ever made I use mine everyday . I can't believe how great it works . Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Which one do you have Mike?

I have the ninja 1200 watt kitchen System with the 72 oz blender , 6 cup food processor bowl with dough blade , two cups for making smoothie and such , like I said I paid more than I figured on but I am so glad I did wife and I use it all the time . We even made Christmas cookies from scratch with my 5 grandkids ( it's a family tradition ) it was so easy making the dough in it . I wish there was something like this when I got married 39 yrs ago it wound have made life much easier .

I have the ninja 1200 watt kitchen System with the 72 oz blender , 6 cup food processor bowl with dough blade , two cups for making smoothie and such , like I said I paid more than I figured on but I am so glad I did wife and I use it all the time . We even made Christmas cookies from scratch with my 5 grandkids ( it's a family tradition ) it was so easy making the dough in it . I wish there was something like this when I got married 39 yrs ago it wound have made life much easier .

Cool, you have much more choice of models in the US. Mine only comes with the 2 smallest cups but still brill. I would have liked to have the bigger cup but
C'est la vie.
I already had a great multi chef type thing with liquidiser, I use almost daily for bread baking etc but hey tech moves on in 25 years. :D
My stick blender is used a few times a day also. Lol all these gadgets.

Ya Chrissy , so many new toys for the cooks in the family can't hardly keep up with it all .

Just placed an order of QVC for the Nutri Ninja. It was £63 including postage, and I figured that QVC offers a 30day money back guarantee, so if it is rubbish its going back. I have a stick blender and smoothie maker, but hoping this will grind to a pulp nuts and seeds, especially as I am going to need to get things really smooth. Vitamix was a bit out of my price range for just a few weeks/months.

You will love it!!

I had mine on offer from Argos about a month ago and it's brilliant. Very simple to use and clean and the whole family use it!!

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hope so :)

Back