• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yorkshire lass here, anyone else?

Queenykjp

:):)So I’m currently 6 weeks and counting before my gastric bypass surgery, anyone else from Yorkshire on here? I know a few ladies/gents who were in my seminar are all on fb groups but I’m not on fb... so this website is my salvation right here! Say hello and I’d love to know about your journey :)

Parsnip

Not a Yorkshire lass but my surgery is 5 weeks 1 day and counting lol. Pre op is next week. How are you feeling about the op?

Queenykjp

Not a Yorkshire lass but my surgery is 5 weeks 1 day and counting lol. Pre op is next week. How are you feeling about the op?
Parsnip I’m now excited!!! Went to see the dietician yesterday to give me all the info on my Pre op diet, and afterwards... I’ve been running round like a crazy person getting everything sorted.. I have my hospital bag packed and I’m ready to go.. it’s crazy to think in two weeks I’ll be starting my liver shrinking!!!! How do you feel??? X

Maria61

:):)So I’m currently 6 weeks and counting before my gastric bypass surgery, anyone else from Yorkshire on here? I know a few ladies/gents who were in my seminar are all on fb groups but I’m not on fb... so this website is my salvation right here! Say hello and I’d love to know about your journey :)
I am nearly 2 years post bypass at Luton hospital. Welcome and good luck to you xxxx

Queenykjp

I am nearly 2 years post bypass at Luton hospital. Welcome and good luck to you xxxx
Maria! Thankyou! I’m nervous but excited at the same time... what was your weight loss in the first year? How much excess weight did you have to loose? X

Bling Babe

Hiya, welcome, I’m sorry I’m not from your neck of the woods but wanted to welcome you, I’m not on FB either so this is my favourite place to be. I had my bypass at Luton 1 year and 10 weeks ago. You won’t regret it at all it’s mind blowing, but I do still miss the food that got me to the size I was and I miss my huge portions but I still don’t regret it, the surgery doesn’t work on our heads and minds I’m afraid but our pouches tend to keep us on the straight and narrow.....most of the time :rolleyes:.
Very good luck, keep in touch xx

Queenykjp

Hiya, welcome, I’m sorry I’m not from your neck of the woods but wanted to welcome you, I’m not on FB either so this is my favourite place to be. I had my bypass at Luton 1 year and 10 weeks ago. You won’t regret it at all it’s mind blowing, but I do still miss the food that got me to the size I was and I miss my huge portions but I still don’t regret it, the surgery doesn’t work on our heads and minds I’m afraid but our pouches tend to keep us on the straight and narrow.....most of the time :rolleyes:.
Very good luck, keep in touch xx
I feel like it’s already blowing my mind! One of my dieticians though was really negative, like making it sound horrendous... in under no illusion and I do understand that some people think it’s a instant fix, I just feel extremely lucky to have been given this opportunity, what was your weight loss if you don’t mind me asking x

Parsnip

Parsnip I’m now excited!!! Went to see the dietician yesterday to give me all the info on my Pre op diet, and afterwards... I’ve been running round like a crazy person getting everything sorted.. I have my hospital bag packed and I’m ready to go.. it’s crazy to think in two weeks I’ll be starting my liver shrinking!!!! How do you feel??? X
I am excited and terrified in equal measures. I don't start my LRD until July 9th/10th which is perfect as my birthday/wedding anniversary is on the 5th. I haven't packed my bag but have had my list ready for weeks... Ok, months but not packing my bag until my pre op has gone through ok next week lol

I feel like it’s already blowing my mind! One of my dieticians though was really negative, like making it sound horrendous... in under no illusion and I do understand that some people think it’s a instant fix, I just feel extremely lucky to have been given this opportunity, what was your weight loss if you don’t mind me asking x

You can check people's stats (if they have updated them) by clicking on their name x

Maria61

Maria! Thankyou! I’m nervous but excited at the same time... what was your weight loss in the first year? How much excess weight did you have to loose? X
I have lost just under 8 stone, I gained a few pounds recently which I am trying to lose. Some weeks were very slow but I am so glad I had my surgery and you will be very happy too xx

Bling Babe

I’ve lost between 8 and 8.5 stone, I reached my target before a year, my target was to be half the women I was, I’ve gone from size 24 to size 8 sometimes size 6...mind blowing.....I started my journey at 16 stone 9lb. It really is a fantastic opportunity, I just hope I’m strong enough to continue because I’m so scared of putting it all back on again. Xxx

Bling Babe

Hi

In West Sussex just been told today they looked at my case I been put forward for it got forms to fill out then have to see load of different people see if they let me get this op or not
Yay, good luck to you x

I’m from Yorkshire too. I have 12 days till my surgery. I’m starting the milk and yoghurt diet Friday, not sure what I should have as I have misplaced my leaflet ‍♀️

Parsnip

I’m from Yorkshire too. I have 12 days till my surgery. I’m starting the milk and yoghurt diet Friday, not sure what I should have as I have misplaced my leaflet ‍♀️

I'll add you to the surgery list and tag you so you know where to find it x

Queenykjp

Hi Shelley!!! Ring the hospital and see what they say, what trust are you under? I have a copy of mine if you require some advise although it’s pretty simple to follow, I’m finding the timings to be a issue really xx

Bling Babe

Good luck starting you LRD tomorrow x

Hi Shelley!!! Ring the hospital and see what they say, what trust are you under? I have a copy of mine if you require some advise although it’s pretty simple to follow, I’m finding the timings to be a issue really xx

Hi,

Thank you, I rang them today and spoke to the dietician and they have sent it me via email. I had rung the other day but they weren’t very helpful and just told me to start it 10 days before.

I’m so excited 11 more sleeps xx