• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Photo Diary - 4 years on

Lovely yvessa ... Its amazing how even at this stage the body still changes its shape... More so I reckon. It's almost like the body re moulds itself to reveal the person you are meant to be.

Job interviews!

Attachments

• image-2777735367.jpg
    image-2777735367.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 150
Wow look at you now . Fantastic. You go get that job!
Its funny i don't care what any one says some employers still discriminate from giving a job at a larger size . Esp in my industry mental health and nursing. All the best Yve . Love the look so professional looking.

You'll do fine know the job and look good and I do agree large people are overlooked as I was told on my feedback once your size was an issue did not look the company image so I left after that

You look (and are!!) amazing Yve! Can't believe how your shape has changed in the last couple of months, and I love your new avatar. Great portrait photo. Good luck getting out there and seizing the future by the goolies and drop-kicking the old you into history. This is our time now hun, and we've got a hell of a lot of catching up to do ... as folks have said, in my experience big people all too often get overlooked and rejected for no valid reason. Go girl xxx

Very professional :)

You look fantastic Yve, good luck x

OMG Yvessa!!!!! You look amazing ....... Congratulations :happy096:

Forgive me for not reading through 100+ pages on this thread!! (you've obviously had emmense support on this forum which is fantastic :) )
I admit I looked at the "before" pictures on page 1 then jumped straight to this page for an updated picture - an absolute inspiration for those of us just starting out.
Im intreagued now to see your transformation so I will endeavour to sit down and read through this thread properly sometime!

Did you get the job?????

Wow, thanks so much for the support guys :) I have to admit, I still struggle to see me as slim, but still, felt nice to go into marks and have a pick of sizes and styles.

As for the job (which was thursday) - I was perfect for it, but it was not for me - misleading advert and not the role I was looking for so I told them I wasn't interested. Another one tomorrow.

A lot of you have posted re. discrimination. I don't know whether I've just been lucky, but I have never experienced it. I was hired while heavy, and have always been hired on merit. I do appreciate it exists, but there are employers out there who are also decent people.

I think size is a disadvantage depending on the job your going for, after all if you have to duck and dive your not much good bring large because you can't protect yourself. But for most jobs it doesn't seem to matter, your either good for the post or not. I think physical disability (and by that I don't mean being large) is more of a hindrance.

I agree. Having said that I am a better employee since my surgery. I rarely have sick days, am much quicker getting around and getting things done, have better relationships with my students and colleagues. And some of that is down to me - not them.

Back