• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sunderland patients - where are you in the WLS process?

Hi

have you got pre op date yet? how's weight doing?

Denise

Dates are on my signature, currently waiting to see phsycologist because of post natal depression I had when I had mt son 3 year ago, hopefully she will agree to surgery. Was hoping to be done this year but I think it could be next. Ah well :( x

Gp referal 31st dec 2009
Seminar 5th feb 2010
Dietician 5th June 2010
Surgeon 21st sept 2010
Endoscopy &waiting list 2nd nov 2010
Pre op - 2nd June
Surgery date 7th June

good luck friday ssot x x x x

Hi Denise,

Got pre op on 2nd June.... :) my weight is stable i have still met/exceeded my target loss of 8kg. start pre op 26th may ... got diet sheets through. I have a few questions actually if anyone can answer ...

the pre op bloods - what are they looking for? i had bloods done as part of the seminar and first appointment what is requested.

the pre op diet - does it put you in ketosis?

my endocscopy showed Hpylori which was treated in Novemeber. I have had no follow up - should i have had a follow up or?

thanks xx

Pre op bloods
Basic - Electrolytes (kidney function)/Liver function/Lipids, full blood count (ensure not anaemic or any problem with blood cells)
Group and save (in case of need for blood transfusion- a precaution in all major ops)
Then if indicated HBA1C ( average glucose over 6 week period) and thyroid.
Yes in latter stage diet can trigger ketosis.

Hi Denise,

Got pre op on 2nd June.... :) my weight is stable i have still met/exceeded my target loss of 8kg. start pre op 26th may ... got diet sheets through. I have a few questions actually if anyone can answer ...

the pre op bloods - what are they looking for? i had bloods done as part of the seminar and first appointment what is requested.

my endocscopy showed Hpylori which was treated in Novemeber. I have had no follow up - should i have had a follow up or?

thanks xx

Oops sorry ladies I need to learn to read am at Bournemouth not Sunderland, says a lot for the state of the education system if a member of it can't read properly. What a plonker I am.

My journey so far:-

1) Date referred by GP and what area you come from -
July 2010 Darlington
2) Date of seminar -
Early Dec 2010
3) Date of appointment with bariatric nurse/dietician -
End of April 2011
4) Dates of any follow up tests - sleep apnoea, psych etc. -
None
5) Waiting for next appointment.

Hi Jenny17

I am at the same point as you just had my dietitian appointment last week so a little further forward fingers crossed xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi
Missed comment on H pylori, follow up depends on if there were any ulcers/gastritis present as well.
I have had that several times over the years and despite eradication it eventually kept coming back and did not like idea of it coming back at later date when stomach had been stapled off which was why I opted for sleeve rather than bypass. If you are concerned best d/w surgeon.

Hi Denise,

thanks xx

Any one at sunderland for an appointment on the Monday 27th June?

Might see someone there if anyone going

Jo
xx

1) Date referred by GP and what area you come from. referred may 2009 south shields
2) Date of seminar.july 09
3) Date of appointment with bariatric nurse/dietician. oct 09
4) Dates of any follow up tests - sleep apnea, psych etc. clinical psych aug 2010
5) Date of appointment with surgeon. 9th june 2011
6) Date put on waiting list to follow
7) Date of surgery.to follow
8) Any hiccups along the way.where do i begin... found out i was pregnant day of seminar, saw dietician oct 09 and agreed to put appintments on hold till after giving birth, feb 2010 had stayed exactly same weight as at seminar (not bad i thought for having given birth a fortnight earlier!) sent back off to lose more weight, lost 4 stones, next appointment was for pre op assessment jun 2010 (turns out wasnt for me but they/i didnt realise till they started talking about resiting my port for my band?!) next appointment with registrar on in july 2010, referred to clinical psych due to emotional eating issues, told at clinical psych appointment that he didnt understand why i was there and discharged me same day, but didnt send letter to bariatric team so i had to chase for 2 months, appointments scheduled in oct and feb both cancelled by srh, then finally got another one for june 9th 2011,told them that i'd put on 2 stone since feb but they werent concerned as i still was 10kg lighter than last time they saw me (a year ago!!) advised as had lost some more weight they would refer me for endoscopy then hopefully on list for bypass.. but i'm not holding my breath yet i'm just waiting for the next thing to go wrong!

I had my seminar on 8th June and got my doc to do all my blood work for Sunderland, Got a call off my doc a couple of days later I have a low blood count so am now on iron tablets for the next few months.

I got my appointment for the Bariatric Nurse this morning for the 20th October 2011. Hopefully my blood count will be back to normal by then and at least I have 4 more months to lose more weight.

Found this thread really interesting, as I had been wondering what the timesales were like.

I was referred by my gp april
Seminar is august (I think it is the 8th, but really need to dig out my letter and write it on my calender)

I already have raised kidney and liver levels (diabetic and recently had yarly MOT)
I am being assessed at the moment for sleep apnea, go end of this month for results of sleep study.

Will any of this affect my suitability for wls? I am so panicked theyre going to say i cant have it for some reason.

) Date referred by GP and what area you come from - Dec 2009 from Sunderland
2) Date of seminar - Feb 2010
3) Date of appointment with bariatric nurse/dietician - June 2010
4) Dates of any follow up tests - sleep apnea, psych etc. -
5) Date of appointment with surgeon - August 2010
6) Date of Endoscopy & placed on waiting list- April 2011
6) Date of surgery - Admission date 8th July 2011 Op date 9th 20117)
Any hiccups along the way

Bloody terrified!!!!!!! LOL

Back