• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1 week today EAKKK

misscharlie

I have to get packing, what will I need to take as the hospital letter is extremly vague. Is it worth taking abook? Will I really get chance to read it? Nightee or Pj's? x

Yes take a book and a few magazines, I wore pj's but I know some people who took a night dress as the bottoms would have pressed on their wounds! Take some toiletries etc

What op are you having done?

Good luck, you'll be fine x

I'm having the bypass Jaffa. Just finally got round to updating a few details. I think I might treat myself to the twilight saga. I refused until this point to read them as I dont really want to know the ending, But It will certainly help to pass the time!

Anything else I'll need? x

Hiya, just want to wish you luck for your op, I am having mine the day after, so it will be good to compare notes. Hope you have a speedy recovery xxxx

Hi I am having mine on the 26th and have been putting my bag together gradually. I have nighties as not sure if I will have a cathiter(sp), pants, light dressing gown and slippers, towels and flannels, shower gel, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, hand wipes and carex sanitising gel. I am also going to take my ipod just incase it is a noisy ward. My phone and I thought hubby could go get me some magazines as I can't imagine I would be able to get into a book in hospital. I will save that for when I get home. Good luck with your op.

I am having mine next month, But my op(lap band) requires no over night stay . All the best - MeJulie x x

One thing that I got wrong for the hospital, was that I bought great big granny pants, as I thought they would be super comfy!

Unfortunately, the top of them was right on my insisions!
Buy knickers that come up to your hips, not your waist!
Good luck!

Good luck for next week xx

When I went in for my op, I took a book and a DS but used neither! lol What I did use was the pay-to-view tv, as that took less concentration lol ;)

Dont forget dry mouth spray!
Its an absolute godsend when you're not allowed to have a sip of drink for about 36 hours! x

i'm not having my op till september but have already bought the dry mouth spray!! doesn't sound nice but seen plenty of people say it was a saviour!!

I bought some after everyone saying how good it was. Thought I would give it a try and thought I was going to be sick. Sorry.

Back