• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 days post op eating toast

I can't believe the types of food, esp as they are dry n tough food, ur pouch is new n needs looking after, back to basic I'd say, but each to their own

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

omg are you having a joke with us, did you have the right surgery done????

Something doesn't seem right here. You're nearly two weeks post op and you're hungry??
I'm six weeks out and haven't felt anything even remotely like hunger since before surgery.
This certainly seems strange.

It's not about food going down a treat or how much you can get down, You are meant to change your eating habits and that means for the better and not the worse. you are lucky to be given a second chance at life so please take a step back and look at what you are doing to yourself. you should still be on pureed food and stay on pureed for the next 2 weeks. sorry if i sound mean or upset you but don't ruin the chance you have.

Hi All,
Sorry if you think Im having a joke or abusing my pouch!.
My diet sheet says have 6 portions of protein a day!

So what is wrong with 6 chicken nuggets (its chicken)
I chew it till its disintegrated in my mouth.

I was beggining to wonder my self and then suddenly restriction set in about 2 days ago and obs the swelling has gone down and restriction is a lot better.

Im not eating junk! Ive lost a stone in 3 weeks.

Ive had milky coffee and later some porridge and probs 4 pieces of chicken for tea chewed to a pulp! Im managing fine with chewed meat.

On Tues I will be 4 weeks out!
In feb I weighed 19 stone and lost 2 stone myself at surgery I was 17 stone.
Thanks for listening and for your kind guidance.x

Somebody tell me its April the first and this whole thread is just a joke, I mean seriously this isn't for real is it? it can't be can it? The OP is either pulling our collective legs or has either had some of the worst post op dietary advice I've ever heard of, or is simply ignoring what they've been told.

I have read some daft threads on here in the past but this just about takes the biscuit...............Walks away looking for suitable wall to repeatedly bang head against

How on gods earth can you say you are not eating junk?
Chicken nuggets and fish fingets are you for real.Just cos it says chicken and fish doesnt mean its the food your surgeon wants you to eat!There is no nurtitional benefit from eating this kind of food apart from stopping you dying of starvation.They are full of additives,colouring,sweetners and fillers.Nothing healthy about that.
Please just because you have restriction and the weight is dropping off dont be fooled into thinking you are getting healthy by eating these foods.Right now you should be eating fresh food pureed and in a few weeks meat,fish,dairy,eggs,fruit,veg and a few carbs,all giving your body the best nutrition poss.You will be losing muscle in your weightloss so need to supplement with the best food and exercise or you will become ill.Hope you go back to basics and get help from your providers dietician,thats what they are there for.Ask at you gp about something like Active livings Diets dont work,short weekly meetings that give you all the help you need with food.Maz x

HaHa Karl did you find the wall mate!Maz x

I am incredulous honey that someone who has been a member here for two years and has come through the WLS process could make such unbelievable food choices so early out, so it has to be a wind up...................tell me it's just a wind up :sigh:

Can't vouch for the chicken nuggets, but my post op diet sheet gives fish fingers as a suitable meal once on full solids.
"4 oven baked fish fingers with a scoop of mash and a spoonful of baked beans".
Seriously.

Can't vouch for the chicken nuggets, but my post op diet sheet gives fish fingers as a suitable meal once on full solids.
"4 oven baked fish fingers with a scoop of mash and a spoonful of baked beans".
Seriously.

Jeez I couldn't eat that much now never mind at week six :eek:

Karlos said:
Jeez I couldn't eat that much now never mind at week six :eek:

I thought it was a surprising option ....

Max Factor..
Hope you have taken a step back and getting back to the healthy eating. just because you have one bad day with a mcdonalds, just get back in line with some mash or soup. hope your newly healing pouch is ok.

I went to McDonalds with my son and mum today, they sat tucking into their meals while I sipped on a milkshake (about 3 sips and all for show!!) cant believe that up until 6 weeks ago I would have been stuffing 6-7 fries covered in bbq sauce into my mouth at once, I can honestly say I wasn't tempted by the sight or smells, the only thing I really really miss are fizzy drinks.

I went to McDonalds with my son and mum today, they sat tucking into their meals while I sipped on a milkshake (about 3 sips and all for show!!) cant believe that up until 6 weeks ago I would have been stuffing 6-7 fries covered in bbq sauce into my mouth at once, I can honestly say I wasn't tempted by the sight or smells, the only thing I really really miss are fizzy drinks.

Funny but one of the surgeons that I have seen said that you would loose the craving and wanting for junk food.

I must say though, with regards to some of the previous posts, I wouldn't even think of eating fishfingers or chicken wings even now, before my surgery, mainly because I don't like bones on my plate and I am allergic to some fish - especially fish fingers. Yuck.

you really are a .......Karlos..not at all constructive It must be April the first coz are you really that much of one.
I find your manner offensive

Last edited by a moderator:
you really are a pr;c; Karlos..not at all constructive It must be April the first coz are you really that much of one.
I find your manner offensive

I'm cut to the very quick :sigh: Seriously I'm gutted :cry:

everyone else thanks for your help.
im 5 weeks post op I cant eat processed meat they get stuck.

Unless it's 8 meatballs, 4 chicken nuggets or 3 fish fingers of course LOL :D:D:D

I think the pont people are trying to make is that you decided to have surgery to help with your weightloss, but you dont seem to be making very healthy food choices, fish fingers although they obviously are fish, arent a very good quality fish, and are then covered in fat ladled dry coating, and chicken nuggets-especially macd's- are barely chicken at all and are again covered in a fat ladled coating and to top it off are deep fat fryed.
If you want meat & fish and can eat it great, just make it yourself to have with veggies. The advice people give on here is from their own experiences, they really are only trying to help. ou may be loosing weight now eating these types of foods, but soon your body will get used to it, you will be able to eat more & the chabces are you will just put all the weight you loose straight back on.
Prehaps make an appointment to see your dietician again for some helpfull advice on foods, portion sizes & general health.xxx

yeh Tasha that is the kind of info I was looking for obs intelligent and not a cyber bully :cry:
I didnt research the bypass at all and the diet sheet doesnt explain about additives, batter, etc it does say mince meat and there must have been about 40 in a bolognaise sauce each meatball is only the size of a marble!

People jump to conclusions so its unfair to agree with people who just like to cause trouble when I came here for advice.

Karlos dont come on any of my threads again look to your own problems before giving non constructive advice. I dont live my life on the internet lol
You should be a moderator lol:cry:

Back