• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 days post op eating toast

I don't want to speak out of turn or sound condescending, but I really think you need to take a step back here.
Sounds like you don't really understand what surgery you've had or how it works, and you're pushing things with your foods way too fast.
If you want this op to work for you, you need to understand and respect the tool you've been given. The op is not a cure in itself.
Love and luck.
xXx

Just remember your pouch is only the size of a small egg at the moment.

Every time you get something to eat weigh it to make sure that you don't try to eat too much.

Julie

May I suggest you go on the BOSPA site they have sections for each type of op and relevant diet sheets for each at Bournemouth they tend to use the diet sheets almost verbatim. I am 12 days post-op and on the sloppy puree stage and I can move onto less sloppy purees from day 14 or stay on the sloppies for another week. The purees I can be on for up to another 14 days depending on how I feel and how my pooch and I cope if I introduce soft foods and cope earlier or not. Soft foods start from day 29ish until day 42 post-op by then I can introduce solids in tiny bite sizes. The bariatric nurse says listen to my body if I want to try the next stage go for it if it works then stay on the new stage or mix and match, if not then stay on the earlier stage for a few more days and then try again. Either way follow the guidelines and keep to a low fat, low carbs, low sugar, high protein diet. Remembering your liquids you should be aiming for 2l a day if at all possible. Hope that helps.

Ah, OK mate :)

They do differ a little from each PCT but they are all roughly the same

That is really good info Mixman - just wanted to copy and paste it (especially to foods to avoid and problem foods) so that I could keep it for future ref, could you please either let me know how to do that or where you got it from. ;)

PS and well done on your weight loss - great results.

i'd be worried about stretching your pouch . i'm 10 weeks post op and i have no doubt i could eat the amount you are eating i would even try

breakfast - small bowl special k / 1 toast with 1/2 tin chopped tomatos

dinner - 1/2 a tin of soup

tea - small potion of mashed veg (potatos, carrots , suede) with a sausage or small portion of fish , 2/3 chicken wings

2 satsumas a day

the only food i have struggled with is bread but that is going down easier lately

Glad to see that you're going back to basics. You've had some good advice from very experienced peopl.

Hi I went back to basics for a day or 2.

Today I had half a sachet ready brek
1 milky coffee
1 small yazoo banana milk
150 grams fresh prawns
1 sugar free jelly
1 mini milk
1 jacket potatoe with tuna

All went down a treat! bypass was 2 weeks ago.
I dont feel like I over ate but compared to everyone else could you really eat 150grms prawns in one go ?

Hi I went back to basics for a day or 2.

Today I had half a sachet ready brek
1 milky coffee
1 small yazoo banana milk
150 grams fresh prawns
1 sugar free jelly
1 mini milk
1 jacket potatoe with tuna

All went down a treat! bypass was 2 weeks ago.
I dont feel like I over ate but compared to everyone else could you really eat 150grms prawns in one go ?

Sounds great, sorry to be picky but isnt the yazoo high in sugar (becareful of dumping on sugar).

I try my hardest now to eat slowly, I have one mouthful and I even use a todlers training fork now, so I cant get much on it, and I make sure i put my cutlery down between every mouthful. Try something like that, and you will be suprised how much fuller you feel by the time you get to finish it. Oh and how cold it gets lol

I also use children's crockery. Currently using Thomas the tank engine, courtesy of my daughter, it stops you over filling your plate, bowl etc.

Yes I could do that.
Good point about the yazoo but the mini version of it has 9.6 of sugar per 100ml and it was a 200 ml bottle.
I can have up to 8grm of sugar per 100gram but this was a 100ml.
Is this a problem?
I didnt dump !
unfortunately!
Ahh 100ml is 100 gram.

I have to go on liquids for 3 weeks, then purée 3 weeks, then sloppy 3 weeks, so be around week 10 when eat normal foods 1

That is really good info Mixman - just wanted to copy and paste it (especially to foods to avoid and problem foods) so that I could keep it for future ref, could you please either let me know how to do that or where you got it from. ;)

PS and well done on your weight loss - great results.

Hi Neeta, they are copies of the handouts they give in the Sheffield PCT area. Because I've done so well in such a short space of time I am asked to go back monthly and give talks to the latest round of people wanting WLsurgery.

They look like text but are actually pictures saved on my photobucket account, that's why you can't copy and paste the text. BUT :)

If you right hand click on each slide, 6 boxes per slide, and save picture as. This will save them to your computer and then you can print them out :)

Hi today I had half a sachet porridge and I was hungry after waiting in A and E with my daughters bad knee and my daughter decided to treat the youngsters to a mcdonalds.
I had 4 chicken nuggets a bit dry but a tiny tiny swig of orange washed them down.
I was still at my daughters at tea time and put out 4 fish fingers and only managed 3 and the coating gave me a bit of aches,so yet again something to sooth them down! 2 mini milks worked a treat.
fish fingers is the only thing I,ve had trouble with so far so will remove coating next time.
I know its supposed to be pureed but I think my dentures do a good job.

This may sound totally and utterly out of order for me to say but here goes 'are you for real'? The damage you could be causing to yourself is cringe worthy. This op is designed to change the way you eat and make you think differently about food. I feel like you are not taking this seriously and are trying your best to push your new stomach to the limit. I do worry for your health and hope that you can re-read your diet plan and start taking care of yourself.
Wishing you luck and good health
xx

I too am utterly shocked to hear the types of food you have been eating. Unless you want to end up in hospital with severe complications, I would strongly suggest you listen to the advice being offered and stop abusing the surgery.

Julie

Back