• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

10 days post op eating toast

maxfactor

I managed a piece of toast no problem and chewed it well!
The only reason I feel slightly sick is because I followed it with a full smooth vanilla yogurt.
I think I,ve had about 800 cals today
I had 1 weetabix/milk
cracker bread liver pate
mash beans cheese
1 toast 1 muller yogurt

At 10 days post op is this a lot?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks

Which op did you have? Is toast on your post op diet sheet?

Sorry for all the questions but its hard to advise without knowing x

Oh sorry I should have said!
I had gastric bypass and I read a thread about toast tempted me to want some maybe because I think its about that time of the month.
Today I had a protein shake
1 banana
1 milky coffee
2 eggs scrambled
3 tablespoons of baked beans with 3 tiny sausages (comes in a can)
About 8 midget meatballs with tomatoe based sauce comes in plastic tub from Tesco.
3 tablespoons philly
another banana
and drinks apart from meals at least half an hour!!!

Is this a lot Thanks

That is a huge amount of food, especially the types of foods you are consuming.
If you are not careful you will damage your pouch.

I don't know what other people will say but I am just over 4 weeks post op and can't manage all of that soft food.

Julie

I'm just over 5 weeks post op and would certainly struggle with that amount of food.
I've only just started to try Crackerbread and really have to chew.
How many calories are you eating? I'm struggling to get 800 now.

Your doing well, I have just turned 4 weeks post bypass op, I cant even try toast yet, until 10 weeks post op.

I normally have:

1 x scrambled egg

1 small tin of mackeral
100g grated cheddar cheese
100g tin fruit (peaches, pear grapefruit etc)

dinner mash, soft cheese or maybe about 100g of baked beans

Also 2 pints of semi skimmed milk.

I wouldn't have thought you should be having these foods so soon. Wasn't you put on the soft, mushy, crispy diet? I thought the first 4 weeks was just moving up to mushy food?

I managed a piece of toast no problem and chewed it well!
The only reason I feel slightly sick is because I followed it with a full smooth vanilla yogurt.
I think I,ve had about 800 cals today
I had 1 weetabix/milk
cracker bread liver pate
mash beans cheese
1 toast 1 muller yogurt

At 10 days post op is this a lot?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks

Wow sorry hun, but that sounds loads, i'm 10 days in a wouldnt not be able to eat that in 2 days, try making some home made smoothies if you feel hungry.

I know its shocking!
I dont even feel sick!
Maybe he only took half my stomach! lol
Im not going to eat anything thats not on the list in future! like toast!
But Im really surprized I can eat this much.

I know its shocking!
I dont even feel sick!
Maybe he only took half my stomach! lol
Im not going to eat anything thats not on the list in future! like toast!
But Im really surprized I can eat this much.

Don't forget though your stomach is in a swollen condition at the moment, I have been told when it settles down, that;s when the restriction really starts.

I know that I just look at people now eating a 'normal' size meal, and think how on earth do they eat all that lol

Thanks for that peterborough guy I,ll be pleased when the restriction kicks in Ive been getting worried but I will tone it down some calorie wise.

jeez I thought they took 3/4 of the stomach away my son thought it was cringe worthy and didnt want to hug me.
I,d better do some more research !

jeez I thought they took 3/4 of the stomach away my son thought it was cringe worthy and didnt want to hug me.
I,d better do some more research !

They do with the Gastric Sleeve, with a bypass they don't take anything away, they bypass it, hence the name.

At this stage it's dangerous to be eating the food you are eating.

I'm pre-op so can't say from experience but my hospital says four weeks post op on liquids. I've seen a few posts on here recently where people are progressing really quickly through the stages and I've been quite confused by it so I dug out the notes I took when I had my appointment with the dietician ( it was a year ago so my memory was proper hazy). I've written in capitals 'DON'T TRY FOOD TYPES BEFORE SPECIFIED-YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR POUCH' Then I've made a note which say 'onion baji & sabotage. I can't quite remember what she said but I think she was talking about people who eat too soon and then fail. I don't get the impression that rushing it is a sign of success but is a bit of a bad idea and that we shouldn't even try with solid foods until our respective surgeons advise us too. Perhaps you should try going back to mushy foods while your insides heal up?
Wish I could remember what the dietician told me better but it was so long ago. I really hope someone goes over it with me before I come out of hospital as I'm really worried about the liquid stage.
Hope this helps

Back