• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Heidi's pre op diet diary

helekisapa

Hi My name is Heidi and today I started my 4 week pre op diet.
For breakfast I had 1 weetabix with sweetner and for lunch 1 slice of toast followed by a yogurt drink.
For my dinner tonight I plan on having a piece of white fish with plenty of runner beans, also may have a muller yogurt for afters.
I much admit I am not feeling hungry despite usually having at least 2 sandwiches for lunch.

Day 3
Still not feeling hungry despite hubby n son eating what they like, also not got everything yet for breakfasts in but doing well on just a slice of toast for breakfast and 2 crispbreads with low fat cheese for lunches.
Last night had I small pork chop with 1 boiled potato.
I had a yogurt drink with my lunch and I muller yogurt just before going to bed

Well done Hun ur doin great ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

i agreer you are doing fine. xxx

Day 5
I am still doing well on diet in fact from when I was was seen at the hospital on the 9th Nov I weighed in at 21stone 10lb and when I weighed myself t my sister in law's I was 21stone 5lb.I am slowly but surely losing the weight

Mind you I weighed myself on thurs last week one day before starting diet and i was 21stone 10lbs then so in fat the 5lbs lost has been in the last 5 days.

Week 1
Still no hunger pains but yesterday 16th Dec was hard as went to a funeral where all I had was 2 small triangle sandwiches and 2 small cups of apple juice. I had my breakfast before we left but didn't get the sandwiches till gone 4 in the afternoon which meant that dinner wasn't till gone 9 that night.

Heidi, sorry as things may have changed but i don't remember that many carbs on the WM food diet... And the yoghurt drinks were definitely not on there....

I know you are losing weight, but i worry that you may not be shrinking your liver. You need to stick to their diet as strictly as you can so your liver shrinks, it's for your own safety....

It won't be long now for your op, how are you feeling?

Hi Julie
Thanks for advice. Have not had yogurt drink for over 2 weeks now.
I saw Mr Mirza today and I may still not have the bypass but instead may have the sleeve instead. I have lost 5kg since being on diet but as you said it is about the liver not weight loss.

I am doing very well thanks Angie. I go in a this time next Mon I will have either had surgery or still waiting to go down

i bet you can't wait i was really anxious and excited at the same time then kept thinking what if i haven't shrunk my liver etc etc but still wouldn't change it for anything :) i'm just excited about the future now xx best wishes

I to am excited and not even anxious or nervous as the last time I was in hosp for keyhole surgery was back in 1996.My hubby has been in hosp so many times and been under the knife that he bolsters me in not thinking the worst.
I just hope that after 5 weeks of pre op diet that my liver has shrunk enough

Back