• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st fill today woohoo

Loooy72

Hi all,

I am going for my first fill today under x-ray and barium swallow urggg!

I haven't seen much on here about fills with x-rays and wondered if anyone else has had one?

Plus i was wondering why some doctors/providers do with x-ray and some don't?

I am really glad i am having my fill now as i am starving all the time and i had 3 nights out with dinner and drinks over the weekend! So this week i lost 1lb only, but at least it's a loss and hopefully next week will be better !

Claire x

Awesome stuff! Always good to get that first one over with!
I think there's a fairly even split on here regarding xray and non xray fills
Good luck with this one x Hope it gives you a little booster

First fill done! It was fine, small scratch, although i did have a wobble when i saw the size of the need;e the doctor used to draw up the saline and jumped to the wrong conclusion that that was the one he was going to use to "fill" me!

But it was painless, barium fine to swallow and i have 5.5mls in my band.

Still very hungry and have to follow liquids only for 2-3 days then mushies for 2-3 days. Have had a smoothie and a tin of tomato soup since the fill and am starving!
Anybody find this??

Strange how it differs - I just had a day on liquid and a day on sloppies but I already had 4ml in my band during the op so it was not such a big jump. You will feel a lot less hungry on solids - good luck x

hi loopy, i had my first fill today and have to remain on liquids for 2 days, i am hungary. i had today custard and a yoghurt,... i really hope we will feel restriction when we go back onto solids. i got 3ml which the consultant informed me was the legal maximum. just not sure now, since i seen some people have had 3ml.. anyway, good luck to you xx

no restriction at all, paid £90 for that

no restriction at all, paid £90 for that

Hi Maura,

I have found if i only eat dry food, eg cold meat, salad, hard fruit, vegetables (not over cooked!) then i do have great restriction. Anything slidy like mash, yogurt, soup, etc and i can still eat alot.

So i have been sticking to my pre-op diet minus the yogurts, pretty much a low carb diet,

Tinned fruit for breakfast
Cold meat and salad for lunch
what ever family is having for tea but small portion and very small amount of the potato/past/rice with it.

I have found if i stick to this i do get full quite quickly.

Last night i had 3 slices roast chicken and 1 large stuffed mushroom (pepper and cream cheese) and i couldn't eat the carbs!

Hope this helps, i still think i need another fill or 2.

Claire x

Hi loooy72 I had my second fill on Saturday. I didn't have any fluid in band at op, then 3ml first fill which did really have any effect on me, I was eating smaller amounts, but never felt full :-( had 1ml at 2cnd fill, that seems such a tiny amount, I can't imagine it will make any difference but I'll have to wait and see! On liquid and mushy again for a few days! Good luck i hope yours is a success :))

Hi loooy72 I had my second fill on Saturday. I didn't have any fluid in band at op, then 3ml first fill which did really have any effect on me, I was eating smaller amounts, but never felt full :-( had 1ml at 2cnd fill, that seems such a tiny amount, I can't imagine it will make any difference but I'll have to wait and see! On liquid and mushy again for a few days! Good luck i hope yours is a success :))

Hi Biker Lady,

I didn't have any in at my operation, but they put in 5.5mls at my first fill (under x-ray) and to be honest i am just as hungry as ever and although i do get fuller on smaller meals i am really hungry again a few hours later.

It's funny how come some places put in different amounts??

Claire

Hi Claire,
Yes it is strange, I have had 2 fills and still only 4ml. I have been told it can take a few fills to get it right, some people get good restriction straight away, I think its going to take a few fills to sort me out! I had mushy today but still haven't had the feeling of fullness I keep expecting! BUT on the up side it's taken me 10 weeks to lose more weight than it took me 5 & half months to lose at slimming world! So I'm really pleased with that! :) we persevere hey Hun, good luck xx

Well I am gutted, the first fill hasn't helped at all in fact i feel worse now as i am losing the faith that this is going to help!

I am a good dieter, have lost 5 stone several times during my adult life, so i am not so worried about the restriction not helping me lose weight, but i was hoping that having restriction would stop me falling back into my old binging habits which can knock me off the healthy eating wagon and back into weight gain.

I know it may take a few more fills and i need to just keep going, but i am finding today hard :(

Well I am gutted, the first fill hasn't helped at all in fact i feel worse now as i am losing the faith that this is going to help!

I am a good dieter, have lost 5 stone several times during my adult life, so i am not so worried about the restriction not helping me lose weight, but i was hoping that having restriction would stop me falling back into my old binging habits which can knock me off the healthy eating wagon and back into weight gain.

I know it may take a few more fills and i need to just keep going, but i am finding today hard :(

Loooy

Unfortunatly a band around your stomach will not stop head hunger or the desire to binge eat.

Thats something we have to overcome ourselves. No amount of fills will do this for you either.

If you are feeling down today try some distraction techniques to stop you heading for the crisps or whatever your downfall is.

Maz x

staystrong.jpg

Having the band will not stop you wanting foods that caused you to gain weight in the first place, there are times when I think mmmmm I fancy a Chinese/Indian meal etc ( I wasn't a sweet eater anyway) and I do some times have a Chinese/Indian there are no rules to state you cant have it but the key is moderation and its all about food choices as well, atm I have brilliant restriction and even if mentally I filled my whole plate up and thought I am gonna eat that I probably could - In about a week or two lol - The band has been a fantastic tool for me and MY ( not everybody's) personal belief is that the restriction from my band and also my will power is what has enabled me to lose 92lbs in just over 10 months, I have never stuck at any diet/weight loss programme for as long as this one and I am so chuffing grateful for being given this chance to lead a healthier life.

Please bear in mind that in your quite early out in your journey and it does take a while before your mindset catches up with all this weight loss malarkey - but you will get there, please don't lose the faith xxx - Julie xx

I think you and I are singing straight off the same hymn sheet! I feel exactly the same as you. I am a good dieter, disciplined and careful, but I find it hard to have smaller portions, which is why I went for the band. In my case it's not what I ate but the amount, didn't help when the diet club tells you to fill your plates with free food! I have listened to mazza, she has a very good diet sheet and successful weight loss. I'm also putting my faith in the fact that it will take 2/3 fills to get good restriction. Pinning all my hopes on fill number 3! Keep your faith hun I'm sure we will get there! Give it more time, were still new at this Xx

Well i spoke with my provider and they agreed i needed another fill, so today i got my appointment through the post and it's for the 25th July! A whole month away! I am gutted and nearly in tears, i have no restriction and have to wait 5 weeks including my holiday on will power alone.
I am feeling quite disappointed as will power alone can be done without spending nearly £7000! So much for private medicine!

Awh don't get upset Hun, the exact same thing happened to me, I was devastated at having to wait a month, but they told me you can't have one any sooner than that. I was in holiday too which was hard, but it will fly by. Enjoy your holiday and look forward to next months fill! Xx who is your provider? My is THG x

hi im christine just got my app for nurse and have been tole she gives you a weight loss goal id like to no how much there ask you to loose before your next app if you no please thanks

Back