• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1yr post op 16.04.12 and 12 stone gone

Karlos said:
I was blown away when I saw these on my news feed yesterday. A true inspiration and WLS success story. You're a beautiful young lady inside and out and I am so proud of you. If anyone has any doubts as to the effectiveness of surgical intervention coupled with the determination and effort of the individual, they need only look at your pictures to have those doubts blasted away. Well done young un you're a star a chuffin gorgeous star

Arrrrrr Karl bless u this is so nice of u to say, iv learnt from the best and with the support of u, sam (sambucca) and all the others iv done it iv acually got to a healthy size/weight (well healthyish) lol.... Wen I first had this I thought great I don't need to work hard this will just happen from having the op how wrong was I ok at first it did drop of but wat was I learning then? I was still eating crisps wen I fancied them, chocolate followed by being sick wen I wanted I thought wat the heck am I doing, knuckled down, concentrated on making healthy choices and exercised hard like I still do, bcus I know the most successful bypasses like urself and Sam have also done this and that's wat make it a success..... So thank you for it support/kick up the arse wen needed, ur honesty, and advice because I think I can spk for many wen I say this ur fab love having u as a friend Karl my weight loss family u all r xxxx

sammyc said:
god i hope i look that good in a years time im 8 weeks post opp and ive lost 4 and half stone and already my body looks like a old women so much skin did u have that problem if u have i cant see if x

Hi sammy
A big congrates on ur surgery and weight loss so far, that's fab, my skin looked awful at the start but I exercise and moisturise and slowly but surely my skin seems to b shrinking, ok iv still got slight bingo wings, a muffin top and my boobs r no good with out a bra but wat can I expect after 12 stone in a yr?? I'm learning to live with it now and spanx r my best friend lol it's fab wat they do ;-) xxx

Laura b said:
Arrrrrr Karl bless u this is so nice of u to say, iv learnt from the best and with the support of u, sam (sambucca) and all the others iv done it iv acually got to a healthy size/weight (well healthyish) lol.... Wen I first had this I thought great I don't need to work hard this will just happen from having the op how wrong was I ok at first it did drop of but wat was I learning then? I was still eating crisps wen I fancied them, chocolate followed by being sick wen I wanted I thought wat the heck am I doing, knuckled down, concentrated on making healthy choices and exercised hard like I still do, bcus I know the most successful bypasses like urself and Sam have also done this and that's wat make it a success..... So thank you for it support/kick up the arse wen needed, ur honesty, and advice because I think I can spk for many wen I say this ur fab love having u as a friend Karl my weight loss family u all r xxxx

And I will learn from what you learned :) Then pay it forward. What a great forum this is :D xxx

You look absolutely amazing Laura!! What an inspiration for all of us.. xxxx

Just shown my hubby your pics and his eyes almost popped out of his head - his exact words (with a huge hopeful smile on his face) "Is that how you'll end up looking after?" lol He can only dream.
You look stunning laura

Fuffs said:
And I will learn from what you learned :) Then pay it forward. What a great forum this is :D xxx

It really is Hun, and with the help and support we will all succeed xxx

Jamast said:
Just shown my hubby your pics and his eyes almost popped out of his head - his exact words (with a huge hopeful smile on his face) "Is that how you'll end up looking after?" lol He can only dream.
You look stunning laura

Lol haaaaaa haaaaa thank you hun, I'm sure u will look even better mwah xx

You look fabulous! If it is not too cheeky, what do you weigh now? I am finally into the 14's (stones) but only just...been a hard slog working out what calories to eat, how much exercise etc if I rock the boat I stall, for weeks and months even but think I am getting somewhere. Two months to I am a bridesmaid, fingers crossed I can get into the 13's by then!

Said it before and will say it again Laura, you are my inspiration! You were always beautiful anyway but what a figure you now have!! Congrats on your success and your one year mark. x

Oh, meant to ask...what is the Facebook group called ?

Last edited:
EmmaLouise81 said:
You look fabulous! If it is not too cheeky, what do you weigh now? I am finally into the 14's (stones) but only just...been a hard slog working out what calories to eat, how much exercise etc if I rock the boat I stall, for weeks and months even but think I am getting somewhere. Two months to I am a bridesmaid, fingers crossed I can get into the 13's by then!

Said it before and will say it again Laura, you are my inspiration! You were always beautiful anyway but what a figure you now have!! Congrats on your success and your one year mark. x

Oh, meant to ask...what is the Facebook group called ?

Hi Emma, wow ur doing fantastic ain't u :) knew u would do...... I'm just under 13 stone now :) I'm sure ur b in the 13's b4 long, thanks for ur lovely message saying I'm ur inspiration it's so lovely of u to say.... Ur all my inspirations cus everyone on this group amazes me I love u all!!!
The Facebook group is gastric bypass uk I think it's private so u carnt find it on a normal search add me if u like Laura Bourne and I'll try to add u ;-) x

You look amazing hun well done.
Got my fingers crossed I look that good in a year :D xx

Wow you look amazing well done xx

I mean every word Laura!

I found you on Facebook...looking beautiful with your partner and two lovely boys? It is not giving me the add as friend option.

I hardly use Facebook now but on my main account is a bunch of nosey people who do not know about my op...remembered my old account in name of Em Lm (White dog profile pic).don't ask me why I chose that! Going to use that and start adding people and weight loss surgery groups...can say what I like there without being judged! Will try and get some pics up when I get near my laptop. Maybe you can find me on Facebook?

Last edited:
you look fantastic Laura...well done xx

Back