• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks notice!!

blob

Ok so I had a gastric band 3 years ago, lost about 6 stone since then but was not easy at all. I had constant vomiting and could not eat at times not even drink water, however some days I could eat anything. Well 3 years down the line of suffering I had a new nurse that told me the barium swallow I had 2 years ago showed the band to be in the wrong place! And that I could have a conversion to a bypass.
I was told surgery would be in march time, but I had a phone call yesterday now saying I can have it 15th Dec!!! Lots of things to get organised before then and no Christmas dinner for me ? small price to pay I say. So I have 2 weeks and 3 days to get myself prep and Christmas taken care of as I guess I'll be out of action for a couple of weeks after.
To be honest I can't wait to get it over with but s*****g myself at the same time.

You must be in a tail spin here! But because its so soon you have no time to overthink it you just get on with it so very best of luck and this tine next year you CAN have a crimbo dinner!

Hi yes looking forward is all I'm doing and I'm quite pleased it's happening very quickly.
I had the band privately but cannot afford anymore treatment so the nhs has agreed to fund the bypass, so I'm very greatful and lucky.
So what's happening with your band and how long have you had it x

Wow! Good luck with it hunny - perfect timing too! x

Hi I've had my band for about five years have you regained weight I have? NHS has helped me had a reposition which failed but they won't fund a conversion due to bmi what bmi are you now if you don't mind me asking and what area are you in? I'm really struggling to finance next op Xx

That sounds like a great outcome! What I don't understand is why they picked up a problem 2 years ago but didn't do anything about it. Still, it's a good time of year to have a bypass I reckon; with a week till Christmas after your op you absolutely won't be at all tempted by Christmas goodies.

Hi I've had my band for about five years have you regained weight I have? NHS has helped me had a reposition which failed but they won't fund a conversion due to bmi what bmi are you now if you don't mind me asking and what area are you in? I'm really struggling to finance next op Xx

I think my bmi is 37, and I'm in Sussex, I have regained a small amount of weight but not much. I do vomit every time I eat though ?. It madness that they won't help you, it's almost like saying if you put some on then we will help. Can't understand it especially if you are suffering ?

That sounds like a great outcome! What I don't understand is why they picked up a problem 2 years ago but didn't do anything about it. Still, it's a good time of year to have a bypass I reckon; with a week till Christmas after your op you absolutely won't be at all tempted by Christmas goodies.

I'm so peeved that they have waited 2 years too, it's only that I have a new nurse other wise I think I might of been suffering forever.

Your right I'm so pleased it's happening just before Christmas, won't have to have too much time off work and like you say won't be tempted by all the choccys and cheese ?

I know bmi has to be 4o where I am it was 35 but will be higher now as have put it on since they emptied it they did pay for reposition which had then led to oesophagul dilation I asked for conversion at the time and they wouldn't so waste of nhs money really now they will only offer me a removal so fed up with it all so I'm taking out a loan I will struggle as I'm on my own and I'm going to gave a sleeve in January have you got co morbidities cis I think they would have done ur then for me like u said its all do silly I paid for my band initially in hindsight I should have gone NHS as my bmi was 42 then but my go back then was rubbish and didn't help. Xxx

I know bmi has to be 4o where I am it was 35 but will be higher now as have put it on since they emptied it they did pay for reposition which had then led to oesophagul dilation I asked for conversion at the time and they wouldn't so waste of nhs money really now they will only offer me a removal so fed up with it all so I'm taking out a loan I will struggle as I'm on my own and I'm going to gave a sleeve in January have you got co morbidities cis I think they would have done ur then for me like u said its all do silly I paid for my band initially in hindsight I should have gone NHS as my bmi was 42 then but my go back then was rubbish and didn't help. Xxx

No I have nothing else wrong so I consider myself very lucky that I am getting it done.
I hope everything goes well with your sleeve, it will be worth it I'm sure. Please keep my updated I your progress with it all xx

I will and you too yes you are lucky I got really frustrated with it all and it's wrong that different areas doctors etc treat us diff with same problems but it was getting me down so couple of months ago I decided I'll have to try and put it behind me and fund it myself probably only advantage is I've giot to have the sleeve which I personally preferred NHS would have done bypass I think for me if I'd have got funded although obviously I would have taken it if I had let's hope we are both successful down our new paths and keep in touch xxx

Back