• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's all getting very real now

Hi Tracey I know they are vile and as it's a small firm they think they can treat people like crap and it's ok as you need the money,we have an alarm clock that goes off at 2pm each day and I'm normally up to turn it off or snooze it but it took me a bit longer Wednesday to get up and the longer it's on the louder it becomes so I was told I'm clearly not fit for work and told to leave and get a note honestly it's vile there the turn over is so high but finding another part time payroll job is really tough xx

why does the alarm go off at 2pm - is to make sure something gets done at 2?

You poor ladies, it's like dickens times!

Thanks Wendy, I've just written it all down, I'll see how things go tomorrow when Occ Health get back to me

Latest update, I won't be allowed back to work on Monday as I've got to have a meeting with the manager, occ health and HR first. They'd better put me back on full pay!!! On a brighter note I decided to put in for a new job on Monday, the firm phoned me back on Tuesday and I've got an interview tomorrow morning, a large pay cut but I think it'll be worth it if the boss seems nice.....

I've written down all the hassles I've had with work over the past months, it seems even worse once it's on paper so I am seriously thinking about taking out a grievance, feels a little bit extreme but the more I think about it the more I feel that I've been treated very unfairly.

On the weightloss front, not much seems to be happening, going down very very slowly but a loss is a loss and I need to be grateful for that. Still not hungry or thirsty and not drinking enough but doing my best to get more liquid in

Hi squirl ooo I hope you get the job I'm also at an interview tomorrow and have two linned up next week.
I think you should pursue your grievance if you think it will be took seriously, unfortunately I don't have a chance in hell if I say anything.
Are you eating much now even with a low appetite? Xx

Hi Anna, good luck to you too, hope we both get away from where we are now, they don't deserve us!

I'm eating 3 meals but not managing any snacks, probably getting about 400-500 calories in so not too bad. Got some protein shakes delivered today which will help too as I've been getting nowhere near enough of that. Still only 5 days and I can go onto mashed food, that will help. I haven't reacted to anything badly yet apart from a Tesco protein shake so have used different ones since with no problems. How are you doing food-wise??

Louise

Louise lol I was going to ask your name but didn't know if you wanted to give it out lol x
I've been on soft foods for almost two weeks now it's so much better, I decided to cheat the other day and got a microwave meal from tescos but the calories where huge so back to cooking from scratch, iv eaten out twice first time was fine but yesterday I had to much and boy did I know about it I had terrible pains in my upper body all afternoon and night so been on liquids today to let my body settle, back to food tomorrow though as in hungry, have you had any sickness? Xx

No sickness at all Anna, well done on eating out though, I haven't had either the nerve or the opportunity yet. I'm just counting down the days until I can have something like cottage pie or fish without turning it into revolting looking mush first. Perhaps I'll feel some restriction when I start eating soft food, I hope so or I might get tempted to try the things that led to the weight problem in the first place lol

I know what you mean lol chocolate is banned from our house at the min, I tried fish pie but struggled with it so not tried it since I do have tuna a lot as it's high protein the John West infusion ones are yummy I just need to chew more I think, I use my fitness pall to count the nutrients it really helps xx

You won't Louise
Nothing tastes the same and you can't manage it
My sons just called and commented I'm not enthusiastic over food like I used to be
All good as I don't want to go back to being ruled by food

good luck anna and louise for the interviews and with the grievance louise x

Thanks Wendy

I've got opposite now, one of my staff had not achieved basic appraisal objectives, not the extra frills stuff, the 2 basic tasks of her job, met with her and informal capability for one months, was fine as anything on wednesday, then as I was leaving yesterday, very passive aggressive, had a right go at me, she is very lazy and it's commented on by colleagues all the time & I was supportive and assured her only 1 months monitoring and I know she will achieve etc. Thought of you guys and how she would fare with a proper bully at work, can't win can you?
I am going to sit down with her today and try and address the attitude, can't have another sleepless night, fight the good fight x

Good luck Wendy, it can't be easy when things like that happen. You do need your sleep though so the soonest it's sorted out the better. Why does life have to be so flippin' complicated!

Sending positive thoughts for your interviews ladies, hope you both strike lucky and can move into happy workplaces.

Wendy hope all goes well today.

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Thanks ladies
Very much appreciated
Let's hope for happy workplaces

Back