• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's all getting very real now

Anna1980

Good luck with that one,I'm back at work tomorrow and dreading it,I feel ok to go back just don't want to,iv been applying for other jobs so fingers crossed I get a response xx

squirl

Good luck hun, hope it won't be as bad as you fear and you get positive responses from your applications

Gladys Friday

I lost my Dad in 2003 and it still feels like it happened yesterday. We lost our Mum when I was 18 months so have no memory of her but my Dad brought us up on his own. You know you are going lose them one day but it is always too soon. I can't think about not seeing him again so just tell myself I haven't seen him for a week or two but will visit him soon. There is still a massive hole there but it is not as raw around the edges. I will never forget after we lost him, each morning when waking up, I would wake up feeling OK but knowing that something very sad had happened. Then I remembered and felt devastated all over again!

lin davey

I'm sure you will be fine Anna, just keep sending off those applications, there is a vacancy out there with your name on. All the best for tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

squirl

I've just had the best meal for 2 weeks, blitzed beef casserole, it was absolutely amazing, very very wet with the gravy but sooooo nice

trendywendy

Beef casserole and cottage pie - the fail safes
I still have both as so easy to slow cook and get tender
That first mouthful of puree tastes like heaven when meat n gravy doesn't it

squirl

Certainly does Wendy, loads of veg in it too, can't wait until tomorrow and some more :D

squirl

Had a really crappy day yesterday, went in to the office to take my (hopefully) last fit note in and got grilled by my manager and her manager about whether I'd done a test to make sure I could be at full speed from when I go back to work in just over a week. I've also got loads of annual leave to take and am trying my best to fit it in around slightly quieter periods at work but have hit a brick wall on that as well. I got the distinct impression that I'm not wanted back at all. Got home very miserable and fed up so the first thing I did was contact Occupational Health and tell them what happened, I think they're on my side. Didn't sleep much last night but hope tonight will be better....

Trying to up my liquid intake right now as it's nowhere near enough, things can only get better!

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest :sigh:

Loving the Loop

Had a really crappy day yesterday, went in to the office to take my (hopefully) last fit note in and got grilled by my manager and her manager about whether I'd done a test to make sure I could be at full speed from when I go back to work in just over a week. I've also got loads of annual leave to take and am trying my best to fit it in around slightly quieter periods at work but have hit a brick wall on that as well. I got the distinct impression that I'm not wanted back at all. Got home very miserable and fed up so the first thing I did was contact Occupational Health and tell them what happened, I think they're on my side. Didn't sleep much last night but hope tonight will be better....

Trying to up my liquid intake right now as it's nowhere near enough, things can only get better!

Sorry for the rant, just needed to get it off my chest :sigh:

Thats disappointing Squirl, you just don't need that kind of stress while your recovering, is your job very physical then ?
I was lucky I have a desk job and my manager was very supportive and I went back part time and built up my hours to full time over 3 weeks.
Hope you get sorted, and don't worry to much about it in the meantime as that wont help anyone.

squirl

Nope, my job is clerical, trouble is my face never has fitted. There's about 20 people in the office, mostly women, and the manager has her favourites. Unfortunately I've never been very good at doing as I'm told when I know I can do the job better, doesn't go down very well.

It's a shame it's autumn really as I'm thinking even more about taking early retirement and getting a part time job in Tesco or similar. If I could get a part time job in payroll it would be even better but they're like hens' teeth around here but I'll keep looking.

Loving the Loop

Office Politics Suck, I know where you're coming from, I am thinking I might start job hunting myself in the New Year. There are no prospects at all in my office, I don't mind the work but its not a challenge which was fine for the old me, but as I get a bit of confidence back with the weight loss I can't see me doing this till retirement. We will need to see.

squirl

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you choose to do Loving the Loop, and you're so right, office politics do suck big time!

Last edited:

Anna1980

Hi squirl sorry your having a rubbish time with work I feel your pan I'm also having a crap time I went back to work Tuesday and after keep getting up and down to the printer by 3pm Wednesday it was telling on me and my boss made me come home and get another sick note until I'm able to carry out all my duties as expected, my boss is vile and I don't get company sick pay either xx

squirl

Hi squirl sorry your having a rubbish time with work I feel your pan I'm also having a crap time I went back to work Tuesday and after keep getting up and down to the printer by 3pm Wednesday it was telling on me and my boss made me come home and get another sick note until I'm able to carry out all my duties as expected, my boss is vile and I don't get company sick pay either xx

I'm sorry to hear that Anna, what on earth is wrong with these people?!?!?!?!? Take care hun

traceyb79

Hi Anna,

I hope you are well hon x did you do anything that meant you couldn't do your job?

I didn't tell anyone at work so dragged myself to the printer etc. I still did my job though and no one even noticed that I was slower. If you are able to do your job then you can. If you are a bit slower that shouldn't need a sick note!! Annoys me more when people know as they are looking for reasons to moan x x

trendywendy

Wow bullying in the workplace
Who'd believe in this day and age
Squirt write up what happened and how you were made to feel
Check policy on dignity at work
Keep in touch with occ health and consider submitting a grievance
People shouldn't have to accept such treatment
I'd never treat my staff like that
Ooh makes me mad for you Squirl
Hope your ok
I'm under on the liquids it's so hard to fit it in