• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

It's all getting very real now

squirl

Having made the decision to go private after 12 months doing tier 3 and getting referred by nhs due to my son announcing his engagement and realising the wedding would coincide with my surgery, I can safely say that having had my first appointment with Belgium Surgery Services, my mini gastric bypass is pencilled in for 6th October. All I need to do to confirm is get my tickets for the eurostar and email them a copy.

I'm feeling so positive about the future now, have told all 3 children (all grown up) and got reluctant support from 2 of them (daughter has told me she won't support me under any circumstances as she doesn't believe it's the right thing for me). Husband is behind me and my mum is over the moon that I'm finally going to get the weight off and get myself healthy :).

I can't remember a time that I wasn't struggling to lose weight, have tried so many times but however much I lose, I put more back on. The mgb will be a fantastic tool to keep me on track this time. I know it won't always be easy but I don't think I've felt this positive about anything for years.

I've been an avid reader of the Belgium Surgery thread and this has given me so much confidence, as did meeting Frederick yesterday, what a lovely man he is!

Anyway, enough rambling, now looking forward to the lsd starting in about 3 weeks (I know, I'm weird). I've been told to just eat low fat for 2 weeks but I think I might try to do the milk/yoghurt one to get myself used to liquid only after the op......

Good luck with everything xxx

Good luck squirl!

Saw Fred too yesterday.

Haven't made up my mind yet which way to go.

Looking forward to following your journey.

Congratulations on booking your date. I wish you the very best on your weight loss journey. October isn't that far away, actually getting a hip replacement the day before your op :)

I did v low fat on my pre-op, it suited me and I think that helps you stick to it. Whichever one you think fits for you is the right one imo. Given different surgeons have so many different choices to achieve the same outcome, choosing one that appeals can only be a good thing :)

Good luck

Hugx

Congratulations on booking your surgery. I have absolutely no regrets about choosing BSS for mine, Frederik was a big part of that because he made me feel confident I was making thet right decision for me.

The time will fly by, I did low cal, low carb and basically followed one of the hospital diets I found online.

Good luck on your journey

Lynn x

Eurostar tickets booked, should get them in the post early next week.

The next job is to sort out what food (drinks) I'll need and when's the best time to get it. Most important is to make sure I don't run out of milk! and get some protein shakes in ready for later on

Made a list of post-op suggestions for the first 2 stages, doesn't look too bad.

Had a slightly wobbly weekend but my wonderful mum soon sorted me out :D

Can't wait for the postman to bring the eurostar tickets then I can email copies straight to Fred once I get his email confirming everything.

Today has been a good day, I've eaten properly and feel much better for it.

Congratulations Squirl
Met Frederik on sat, my mgb is 11th sep
I'm sorry your daughter isnt supportive but well done you. Think we all know risks of obesity are worse than op risks
Belgium thread is awesome, lovely helpful supportive people
I'm doing exante shakes and bars as done it before and can do for 17 days as it is easy to stick toj at work
Takes out choice, box arrived today
We,ll be slim soon
Wendy x

Thanks Trendywendy, you've no idea how much it helps to get such lovely replies on this forum....

All the best for your surgery next month, I'm sure you'll be fine and soon losing.

I still can't believe it's actually going to happen and I can finally shift the weight and get healthy again (hopefully lose the diabetes and high cholesterol). I must find out how to put my goals at the bottom of my posts like you do. I think it'll be good to see them every time I post just to keep me 100% focussed :character00148:

Thanks Trendywendy, you've no idea how much it helps to get such lovely replies on this forum....

All the best for your surgery next month, I'm sure you'll be fine and soon losing.

I still can't believe it's actually going to happen and I can finally shift the weight and get healthy again (hopefully lose the diabetes and high cholesterol). I must find out how to put my goals at the bottom of my posts like you do. I think it'll be good to see them every time I post just to keep me 100% focussed :character00148:

I you click on User CP there is an option to edit signature...you can add your goals/progress there. Not sure if you have to have a certain number of posts though

Lynn x

After 20 posts you get more actions but not sure if editing is affected
It doesnt let you add photo until 20 posts unlocks that
Squirl we will get there
Its some feeling to think im on the first leg now of losing weight and will lose it and wont be fat again
Im 50 nextvyr and off to far east on a cruise
Im determined to be slim, fit and healthy

X

Best of luck to you xx

It seems that every day is a good day now, can't quite believe it. I even appear to have gone off food!! First time ever!!!!

You're so right Trendywendy, we will get there and we will be slim, fit and healthy :D

:superwoman::superwoman:

Still positive and now thinking of reducing the anti-depressants :). Can't think of a good reason to keep taking the same amount.

Went to the GP on Thursday afternoon, can't remember seeing a doctor so excited about the wls. She had an awful lot of questions and wanted the answers in writing (email fine) so have emailed Fred, hope he gets back to me in time for my next GP appointment in just under 2 weeks..... I'm sure he will, he's been nothing but helpful so far.

Daughter's still not speaking to me, I'm sure she'll come around once she sees what a difference it's going to make to my health and size, if not it's her problem not mine.

Still positive and now thinking of reducing the anti-depressants :). Can't think of a good reason to keep taking the same amount. Went to the GP on Thursday afternoon, can't remember seeing a doctor so excited about the wls. She had an awful lot of questions and wanted the answers in writing (email fine) so have emailed Fred, hope he gets back to me in time for my next GP appointment in just under 2 weeks..... I'm sure he will, he's been nothing but helpful so far. Daughter's still not speaking to me, I'm sure she'll come around once she sees what a difference it's going to make to my health and size, if not it's her problem not mine.

Loving your positive attitude squirl
Would she read this thread or stuff on Internet, just wondering if her view is informed or assumption
We're all here for you x

First week of pre op diet and lost 7 pounds
Very happy ?
One week 3 days to go til Belgium

Well done Trendywendy, fantastic loss in a week :D, the time will fly for both of us.

Another good day, this is getting boring! :D

Yesterday wasn't such a good day food wise but I guess at this stage the odd naughty day won't do too much harm so long as I can keep it as very occasional.

2 more weeks until LSD starts, I've already discovered I love the nas strawberry crusha with milk and I've got some diet cola and some coconut water to get rid of before I start but I don't think that'll be too hard :cool:

Thinking forward, I've got a meal out later this week so I think this'll be my last splurge and it's my eldest's birthday at the end of the month (half way through my lsd) but we're having pizza and I don't think I'll feel like I'm missing out as it isn't one of my favourite foods.

Here's to another good day tomorrow :)

Back