• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks till ballooning

RoseMcnose

Hi,

I have got my date for the balloon, 19th Jan. Could really do with some support. I have to do this but I am scared and so guilty. Anyone else feel like this?

Anyways, just wanted to say hi and would love to hear other folks experiences.

Balloon

Hi, I'm new to the site, just registered. I also got a date for my balloon today, 21st January! Would love to chat and have some support before and after if you do? Claire

Best of luck Rose and congrats on getting your date. I am waiting for the same procedure but no date as yet. Can't offer much in the way of advice but just wanted to say that ... I'm bricking it too. I am prepared in my mind that this is the only way forward for me but I can not deny that after reading a few diaries on here as regards the gastric balloon that I am scared witless. So to answer your question .. Yes I think what you are feeling is quite normal :)x

Oh thanks so much for replying. I am sitting here at nearly 1 in the morning in a daze about it. I am heading to the US on friday for work and wont be back until the 12th. Then its a few days at home with jet lag and off on the ferry (I am from Ireland) to the UK for the procedure. I am having a spatz balloon fitted. I will have to do the ferry crossing 2 days after the procedure so am worried about that too. Its all a bit scarey. Would love to have some balloon buddies, as they say, safety in numbers and all that!

LOL I see you are from Grangemouth femfrankie, I used to live in Broxburn! Only across a few bings from you!

Hi Ladies :)

I have a balloon which is due to come out in February/March time and i am having a bypass when it comes out.

Feel free to ask questions, i dont know much about the spatz balloon but there are a few ballooners that might be able to help there.

Good luck with your precedures

Nicky xx

LOL I see you are from Grangemouth femfrankie, I used to live in Broxburn! Only across a few bings from you!

Not far at all. Just a shame you moved away as it would have been great to know someone going through the same thing that was close by. Where are you getting the balloon fitted?

Hi, I'm new to the site, just registered. I also got a date for my balloon today, 21st January! Would love to chat and have some support before and after if you do? Claire

Hi Claire :welcome:
That's fantastic :) I am hoping to be not too far behind you both. Got the dietician on the 7th and see Mr Stuart a fortnight later fingers crossed I get some dates then :). Great to know that there will be fellow ballooners going through it at the same time :cool:

Hi Ladies :)

Feel free to ask questions, .......

Good luck with your procedures

Nicky xx

:8855:poor you ... You are going to be so inundated with questions from me any way :D. Not far to go now for you .. Have you had much in the way of discomfort?

Am heading to Manchester to nosc. Scared as a scared thing but excited too. balance paid yesterday so it's really happening. took me two years to make this decision. tried to do it myself but my back is getting worse and worse and I am pretty immobile now. Can't wait to have my life back. Next Christmas I will have a pair of boots! I have all sorts of silly goals. Boots for Christmas, a holiday in November, I am ashamed to goon holiday because of my size. Looking for way to water parks and beach fun with my 4 year old'

how was it Nicky? how do you think I will be to travel two days later? so happy to have found folk going through similar

Yes me to ... For the first time ever I am looking at smaller sized clothes and saying things like this time next year I will might be able to wear that .... And bring on those boots!! I have calves like tree trunks and even buying ankle boots is a nightmare. Oooohh and the seats ..plane, restaurant, cinema, waiting room seats ...just be able to sit in them without doing the whole "will my bum fit in that" scenario:ashamed0005:. Not holding out for my back and knees to miraculously fix themselves but its got to help too x

Yes me to ... For the first time ever I am looking at smaller sized clothes and saying things like this time next year I will might be able to wear that .... And bring on those boots!! I have calves like tree trunks and even buying ankle boots is a nightmare. Oooohh and the seats ..plane, restaurant, cinema, waiting room seats ...just be able to sit in them without doing the whole "will my bum fit in that" scenario:ashamed0005:. Not holding out for my back and knees to miraculously fix themselves but its got to help too x

I hear you on the ankle boots too. I am at the max on the seat belt on planes. I travel a lot for work and am looking forward to having more comfortable journeys in the future.

centralize I may be over in Scotland at some stage so we should meet up to share experiences if you like.

I hear you on the ankle boots too. I am at the max on the seat belt on planes. I travel a lot for work and am looking forward to having more comfortable journeys in the future.

centralize I may be over in Scotland at some stage so we should meet up to share experiences if you like.

Hi Rose :)

I was very lucky that my body accepted the balloon, i was sick the first few days and felt very bloated and tired. You dont have much energy as only on fluid . But after 3 weeks i felt back to normal and the bloating feeling went.
I have flown with my balloon and felt fine, but that was after 3 months after i had it put in. I was given a lift to and fro hospital but drove after about a week.

All the best

Nicky xx

How exciting for you. I'm having my balloon refill with my spatz on Saturday with NOCS, I've not dealt with them before now as I originally has my balloon with another hospital, don't know if you read my story lol. Because of all the stress balloon so far hasn't worked and I only had 300cc put in when your meant to have 400/450cc, on sat I'm getting the full 700cc put in the balloon so hopefully it's the start! Ill only have 8 months to do it rather than 12 as been messed around so far! I'm on a clear liquid diet at moment which is killing me I'm not sure what I can and can't have tbh! I'm starving lol.

Initially when. I had the balloon I was quite sicky from the Wednesday I had it done and stopping being sick the Sunday and had soup which felt amazing!! Everyone's different tho, I never got the bloated feeling maybe cos I never had a proper fill in the beginning but my body accepted it well!

It's not as scary and I don't feel any different! Only time I know balloon is there is when I'm hungry, it's a strange feeling like I can feel the vibrations of rumbling and my heartbeat in my tummy!!

Good luck tho I hope you have more luck than I did firstly I'm sure you will as the NOCS hopefully won't go bust like hospital I originally went with. Had lots of stress and panic etc xxx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi, yes have read your story. I hope it is all sorted for you now though and the refill goes well. we will be at the same stage pretty much and are looking to loose a similar amount so keep me posted on how you get on!

Hi Ginzeh
So glad you are getting everything sorted out now. Good Luck hun x

I would be happy to Rose :) ... i was at the local bariatric team doctor today who was stunned at how much weight I have lost so far in 5months & reckons that I could be fitted with the gastric balloon much sooner than I thought :D excited nd scared witless at the same time x

I would be happy to Rose :) ... i was at the local bariatric team doctor today who was stunned at how much weight I have lost so far in 5months & reckons that I could be fitted with the gastric balloon much sooner than I thought :D excited nd scared witless at the same time x

Thanks for understanding my predictive text!

Back