• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2 weeks till ballooning

That's brilliant news. where are you having it done? I would say it will be nearly the summer when I am over but sure I will have had a good stab at the balloon at that stage so we can meet and compare notes.

Dr shearer (local bariatric team) reckons within a month! He actually thought i had already had the balloon fitted since i have lost 2st since we last saw each other... that realyy made me smile :D
I'm in a right tizzy now though ...elated one minute, hyper in fact, then its OMG what am I doing!! All bariatric work will be done at Ross Hall in Glasgow by Dr Robert Stuart.
Yep that sounds like a plan ... And there is always here if you need to chat :)
Good luck

Dr shearer (local bariatric team) reckons within a month! He actually thought i had already had the balloon fitted since i have lost 2st since we last saw each other... that realyy made me smile :D
I'm in a right tizzy now though ...elated one minute, hyper in fact, then its OMG what am I doing!! All bariatric work will be done at Ross Hall in Glasgow by Dr Robert Stuart.
Yep that sounds like a plan ... And there is always here if you need to chat :)
Good luck

Super! That's brilliant news. I know how you feel. I am happy and panicked all at the same time. I will be away for the next week and then it's in for the procedure. Will post when I have it done. hopefully by them I will have enough posts to pm!!!

Super! That's brilliant news. I know how you feel. I am happy and panicked all at the same time. I will be away for the next week and then it's in for the procedure. Will post when I have it done. hopefully by them I will have enough posts to pm!!!

Well what ever you are doing next week I hope you have a good time... I cheated a little to get 50 posts by doing the word games :innocent0002: :p.
Think I have made up for it now though.

Once again I hope that all goes well on the big day

Hi everyone on the thread! Rose, interestingly you and I are the same height and weight! I'm having a duo-balloon on the 21st Jan and I'm passed worrying about feeling ill and the discomfort I'm just terrified it won't work! It's so much money, a huge commitment financially for me and I am so depressed about my weight this really is a last ditch attempt! Everything I have read is so negative about the balloons - I really need and want it to work!
What sort of balloon are you having?
Femfrankie - I am in Edinburgh so if there is going to be a 'get together' please count me in too!
Nicky...........how much did you lose and have you had your ballon six months or 12? Mine is a six month balloon and I would like to lose 56 pounds.
Hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year, Clairs

Hi everyone on the thread! Rose, interestingly you and I are the same height and weight! I'm having a duo-balloon on the 21st Jan and I'm passed worrying about feeling ill and the discomfort I'm just terrified it won't work! It's so much money, a huge commitment financially for me and I am so depressed about my weight this really is a last ditch attempt! Everything I have read is so negative about the balloons - I really need and want it to work!
What sort of balloon are you having?
Femfrankie - I am in Edinburgh so if there is going to be a 'get together' please count me in too!
Nicky...........how much did you lose and have you had your ballon six months or 12? Mine is a six month balloon and I would like to lose 56 pounds.
Hope everyone had a good Christmas and new year, Clairs

whoohoo a fellow Scot!:party0011: and not too far away either :)
I think we are all feeling the same on this ...it's like all my Christmases came all together but with the bogey man lurking behind the door :bolt: Yet I am the most motivated than I have been in a long time. To be told by 3 doctors that I was a ticking time bomb kind of makes you sit up and listen!
This is my last chance to be what I have craved for my whole life. Healthy and a clothes shopaholic :D

Hi guys, I am in New Orleans for work. I can't believe you are in Edinburgh Clair!

definitely need a get together! I am getting a 12 month balloon in Manchester. still scared but hopeful.

hope you guys are doing well.

xxx

Hi Rose
So sorry hun I have been so wrapped up in my own good news that I forgot that today was your big day :eek::.....how are you? How did it go? xx

it's in!!!!

Hi,

had my balloon done on Saturday. terrible journey over by ferry, Gale force winds and 25 foot waves. any way I got there. they could not find a vein for the cannula so I am like a pin cushion.felt fine afterward, a few minor complications, I couldn't swallow the balloon so they kinda had to shove it in.

leaving hospital was fine and I went straight to bed. and slept for hours. then the nausia started. oh my sweet goodness, it was horrible.it was the same on Sunday and on Monday we made the decision to stay another day. I am just home. so tired, cramps and heading to my bed.

Awwwww Rose :patback: you take it easy for the next few days hun and hope the nausea settles soon. Cannula cannula! nobody mentioned any thing bout cannulas:eek: Docs etc can never find my veins, well they do but then they collapse and hide so I am not looking forward to that part :( oh well.. deep breaths.
Remember to keep hydrated with little sips of liquids and look after yourself hun. X

tip, cannula. exact same happens to my veins, once they see the needle, they leg it!

Not too bad today. vision still blurred. just weighed myself, 5kg gone. just30 kg to go!!!

Hartley low calorie jelly got me through Sunday. the water melon and Apple flavour gave me hope!!!!

tip, cannula. exact same happens to my veins, once they see the needle, they leg it!

Not too bad today. vision still blurred. just weighed myself, 5kg gone. just30 kg to go!!!

Hartley low calorie jelly got me through Sunday. the water melon and Apple flavour gave me hope!!!!

:wow: that's nearly a stone already congrats :)

Glad to see that you are feeling a little bit better today. I was at the dietician on monday and your reaction with the balloon so far is exactly what she told me to expect. Also told me not to have anything planned for at least three days afterwards.
Thanks for the tip on the jelly I will get some in so that I am ready :) .. I have 2 weeks to get myself organised and I have butterflies already lol
Take care of yourself hun and keep us posted :) x

Is that 5kg loss since Saturday? Well done you that's amazing

yes, pre procedure I was weighed in the hospital and I was 104 kg. today I am 99 kg. it could be difference in scales. also, I suffer terrible fluid retention and that is gone. probably cos I was so dehydrated. so it's probably all fluid. I seem to be holding down stuff well now. still some cramps but nothing major.

yes, pre procedure I was weighed in the hospital and I was 104 kg. today I am 99 kg. it could be difference in scales. also, I suffer terrible fluid retention and that is gone. probably cos I was so dehydrated. so it's probably all fluid. I seem to be holding down stuff well now. still some cramps but nothing major.

Hi Rose

Am glad it all went ok and hope you start to feel better soon ..

Nicky xx

Thanks NikkI,

feeling pretty good at the moment. drugs are affecting my eye sight a lot and that's freaky but other than that, am feeling fine. had soup for lunch and it settled fine.

massive changes already. fluid retention gone, back ache is better than it was. I am currently pretty positive.

So glad that you are on on the mend Rose. I am feeling a bit more positive now about my upcoming insertion of the balloon. Thanks x

Hang in there fem frankie, am here for you if and when you need. Its no walk in the park and I think I am being very lucky. I have had quite a large fill, 500mls to start so hopefully it will see me through.

You contact me whenever you need. I will keep you posted and any little tips I can gather, I will pass them on.

xxx

Back