• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

2016 - My year. Decision made and on my way.

Sazzle1a

Just wanted to reassure you Lou that i felt the same - that day after my op I thought would the bloomin eck have you done. Following day the sun was shining and I was getting discharged and thought come on this is the first day of your new life. Had good days and bad days but I'm now 10 days post op and things are levelling out and seeing it is going to be the best thing I've done to regain control of my life. You will hopefully feel quite different a few more days down the line xxx

lou:-)

So day 10 and feeling ok at last :) Also started to feel hungry which I thought wouldn't kick in till much later. My first fill is 31st March, had to wait longer due to the hernia. Still having pain in left shoulder, mainly at night and first thing in the morning. Did anyone else have pain from trapped air during surgery? if so, how long does it take for it to go, or is this a permanent thing? I'm still on the 'what you can suck up through straw' diet so lots of meal replacement shakes, yoghurts, custards and soups. Everything going down well, not struggling at all?? The only pain I feel at times(after eating) is lower down on my left, lower than stomach. When you eat too much or fast whereabouts do you feel the pain and discomfort?

Loving reading the other diaries. - Have a fab weekend everyone xx

lou:-)

3 weeks post op - All pain now gone from the trapped wind and wounds healing really nicely. On soft foods but appetite has returned with a vengeance, luckily I'm still unable to eat as much as I used to but looking forward to having a fill. Seem to be ok with most foods if I follow the rules, I have had a few sharp reminders to slow down when eating as it hurts but on the plus side stops me eating. I'm going to weigh in monthly so one more week to go.
Hope everyone else is ok and doing well.
xx

NigelG

3 weeks post op - All pain now gone from the trapped wind and wounds healing really nicely. On soft foods but appetite has returned with a vengeance, luckily I'm still unable to eat as much as I used to but looking forward to having a fill. Seem to be ok with most foods if I follow the rules, I have had a few sharp reminders to slow down when eating as it hurts but on the plus side stops me eating. I'm going to weigh in monthly so one more week to go.
Hope everyone else is ok and doing well.
xx

Hi Lou, dont know if you have provided any updates since this one. But I am more or less 1 year behind you. I had my Op last Friday 17th Feb. I was just interested after reading your story up to this point. How you are now one year on and has life with your band lived up to your expectations? also how your relationship with your band developed. As its only as good as your commitment to do as your advised. Hope I hear from you. Take Care. NigelG