• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Obese - a year to CHANGE my life !

Nikola

So Gang my op was brought forward by a day and I'm in the Spire Manchester - Banded !!!

After spending the last 20 years dieting it's my 39th birthday on Friday so I have one year to get this weight off before the big 4-0 ;)

I was admitted at 1pm this afternoon as I had to work this morning and was pretty much straight into theatre. Prof Favretti also repaired a hernia which looks like a major factor in the reflux I've had for many years.

I'm still in at the minute as I've not had a big wee so as soon as I have I can go home (hoping so as there's an additional £250 fee to stay over and I can't even have breakfast lol ) I'm not really in any pain either:p

I've stocked up with Jodie Marsh meal replacements for the next couple of weeks - they're supposed to taste like Angel Delight!

I'm 14st 13 - the only way is down !!

I'm on the losers bench !!

Nic xxx

Great News! Looking forward to hearing all about your journey...

Well done! It always amazes me when people log in hours after a major operation like Wls!

Have a great day :) onwards and downwards!

Thanks Ladies I'm very sore but not sure if it's from the hernia or band ! I've done my injection and reading and sleeping.

I've had 2 Jodie Marsh Jmeals today - one is strawberry and cream and the other one cookie dough - they are very nice - luckily as they're my staple diet for the next 12 days;)

I'm so pleased it's done - looking forward to the future

Thanks for all your support xxx

Hi Trish yes they're shakes - they are £39.99 on the jst Jodie website but I bought them from GNC as they had them for £44.99 and an extra one for £1.

They really are lush and have 15g protein per Shake so 4 a day at 222 calories each will get me through liquids xx

Well day 3 and I'm sore but up and about.

Not hungry today but got ahead of myself and drank some soup too fast and feel like I've got a big bubble inside me :-( waiting for a big trump !!

Today I've had

Cup of tea
Sips of juice
Choc complan
60 cal hot choc
1/3 tin of soup (ouch)

Back on jmeal tomorrow xx

Well done Nikola, I have been banded now for just over 6 weeks and can't believe how much my eating habits have changed. No longer obsessed with food.

Xx

Soooo day 4!

Feeling less tired today and have had a shower and changed my dressing :)

Still feel very bloated and look 7 months pregnant but feel more human!

I've struggled to drink today - have felt hungry yet full at the same time.

My other half came home with Fish n chips - wanted to kill him it smelled so good!

Hot drinks seem to be going down easier than the shakes ... Today I've had

2 cups of tea
1 jmeal
1 chicken cup of soup (delish)!

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

So day 5 update ...

Woke up in the night and thought I was going to be sick but it was burp and I felt loads better after it!

Been into work for a few hours for a meeting today - said I had a migraine as an reason for not eating any of the buffet lunch!

Hot drinks going down better than cold ones today.

I've had today :
2 cups tea
500 ml water
1 chicken cup a soup
1 small decaf latte

I've given into temptation and got weighed and have lost 8lbs since Saturday !! Spurring me on with the liquid diet!

Will have to get back on shakes tomorrow as my calories are very low xx

Sounds like you are doing great Nikola.
The burps (incl bottom burps) all help to make that bloatedness go- think of yourself as a deflating balloon, with all the gas they filled you with five days ago!
This is the bit where its easy to not eat, so make the most of it and remember the feeling.. you will have to rely on more will power in the next few weeks before the fill.. but thats easy when you get into the swing of it and see the lbs dropping.
I am very much in a similar weight and height range and had the band a couple of weeks before you- we are practically band twins! lol

My advise to you is make a folder and physically wrote down all you eat and drink, with the calories, and the protein amounts.
Try and eat at least 50-60g protein within the calorie amount you choose, and keep a tab of your liquid too on the diary sheet- it really helps to make sure you are not only eating right, (neither too much or too little) but, if you are working and not resting, that you get enough protein and liquid to be up and about without wanting to kill somebody! :D

It's really helped me keep a track of everything, and I am now totally used to doing it, so its become a habit.. and now that I am feeling hungry, its helping me reign it in!

Thank you my band twin !!
The Jmeals have 15g of protein and 222 calories in them so 4 a day should sort me out - I'm really going to try and get 2 down today ! They taste lovely but are very filling !
I will def make the most of no hunger too I'm dreading my appetite returning!
Thanks for the support I've not told anyone other than my immediate family so the support means a lot xx

So 2 days diaries in one !
I worked a full 9 hour shift yesterday which was way too much and I fell into bed exhausted and sore as I absent mindedly had a drink through a straw , wondered why I had hiccups and then felt terrible all night ... Lesson learned. My calories were also very low I had

2 cups tea
200ml cranberry juice
2 chicken cup a soups

Today I've received my online food shop so really trying to up the intake - I've had

2 cups tea
60 cal cadburys hot choc
Mushroom cup a soup (fished out the croutons)
1 milky bar yoghurt
1 small low fat Devon custard
1 jmeal

Going for a shower now as my daughter and fella are having steak and rice for tea!

Hope everyone is good xx

Nikola
Try adding marvel (or supermarket version) to your drinks to up the calories and, most importantly, the protein.
If you dont have enough calories you will be in some sort of starvation mode and your body will store calories as a desperate measure to save you from yourself!

My husband had pizza last night.. I though I was gonna jump and mug him for it! lol

Back