• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Obese - a year to CHANGE my life !

First fill today - I have 3 mls in my 10 ml band

The fill felt really strange - I could feel the liquid trickling through ! I'm back on liquid for 3 days now and then 3 days of mushy.

I've also joined the gym today so first session on Tuesday.

I weighed 13 st 9 so 13 lbs lighter from consultation but 1 st 4 lighter than op day .

Hope everyone else is good xx

I'm hungry now I've gone back onto solids and some bad habits (crisps) are creeping back in . I've not been feeling any restriction and funnily the tightening that I used to feel in the mornings has gone hence the hunger.

I was shovelling some rice in earlier today and OMG it hurt so much ! I have def got a band now I believe !!

Need to get more organised and start eating better instead of grazing as I'm not drinking much either as I keep having to wait an hour after I've had food so kind of can't fit fluids in!

Tomorrow is another day xx

Hi Nikola, that rice thing doesn't sound good, i am struggling as i just feel so full all of the time, i am sticking to soup and protein drinks but i had some Greek yogurt this morning that took forever to go through! But its not just going through its how long it seems to sit in my stomach!
This is what its all about tho i imagine, learning new ways!
Denise
XxX

Hi Denise

It's great you're feeling full and doing well

I'm just back from the gym - 250 calories burned easing myself in slowly !

Thanks for taking time to reply xxx

Hi Nikola

How are you getting on? How are you finding the gym? at what point did they say you could start going to the gym?

Hope you are doing well?

Denise
XxX

Hi Nikola,
I am on day 2 from op and struggling to get many fluids down! Feel like I have something stuck, I think it is still gas possibly!
Anyway I have managed today 1 slimfast and water only. I figure it will take some time to build up to what the brochures say I should be having!
Not in pain but is a bit uncomfortably and keep burping! Charming eh!?
Good Luck with the continued loss.
Claire

So it was my 2nd fill today and I've had another 1.5mls put in by Dr Ashton so now have 4.5 mls in a 10ml band.

I've lost another 6 lbs so 1st 10.5 since my op on 19th May :)

I've been feeling hungry the last couple of weeks so I'm hoping I get a good restriction from this one!

Size 16s are fitting now and I've started the couch to 5k programme too so noticing the inch loss.

Can't wait to see the 12 stone 13 !!

Will start posting posting my food again too so that I can get focused.

Hope you're all good

Nik xx

Wow great progress so far. Thanks for the details, just what I've been looking for. Good luck with your progress. I look forward to reading more :)

Nikola,

Your doing amazing! Well done, keep it up sweets

Xxx

Hi Nikola. It's been great reading your journey. I'm finding it so helpful to know what is and isn't working for everyone else. I enjoyed seeing your food diary. Has given me some inspiration. I'm battling to get food and liquid in at this stage. Still feeling quite bloated and uncomfortable but still early days. Hopefully I'll also have some good results to look forward to. Keep it up. Best of luck :)

Yes it was £7240 for single incision but to be honest my port is very low down directly above my belly button and I can feel it which I get a bit paranoid about ! Xx

He is lovely ! Well the brief minute he visited me after my op! HW called me a few times in the last 8 weeks to see how I'm doing and I've had 2 fills - one by a nurse and the last one from Dr Ashton - I went with them solely for the 2 year aftercare which I thought was worth the extra cost just in case. HW also have a support forum but it's very rarely used - I find this forum much better xx

Hello Everyone- 3rd fill tomorrow - I'm a bit worried though as my port has moved and I think it's flipped hopefully I'm panicking about nothing ! Been feeling hungry lately and losing around a pound a week with 4 gym sessions - will update you all after the official weigh in !! X

Back