• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

4 more days!!! Need help!!!

Natalia

Hello my name is Natalia... I'm new in here, I'll be having surgery this Wednesday december 15th!!! I'm so excited, I've been trying to have this done for a long time now.... And after being denied by my last insurance company this still doesn't feel like it's actually going to happen... And it's only four days away!!! But still, I am totally un prepared... What are some things you all did in preperation of your big day??? Please HELLLPPPP!!!!!

Hi Natalia and :welcome2:You have come to the best place to ask advice and get some help and support!

Good Luck for your surgery on Wednesday.

I take it you have been on a restrictive diet over the past week or two - either the milk diet or something similar, low fat, low sugar etc;

If you have a young family I expect you have made arrangements for them, while your not around.

Has your husband/partner arranged some time off to look after you? Probably after you get home it would be mainly for the first day or 3, just to make sure there are no after effects from your surgery.

Make sure that you have your bag ready to go into hospital, with all the usual stuff i.e nightie/pjs, toiletries, some sugar free juice, book or magazine, ipod and the kitchen sink if needed. There will be some things I missed but there is a more comprehensive and sensible list on here somewhere, may have to look under one of the headings above.
I spent the last day or two before going in catching up with the washing and ironing, as well as vacuaming the house and general cleaning and tidying - as believe me you won`t be up to it after for a few weeks.
Also if your Christmas decs are not up yet might be an idea to do that tomorrow, if you have time. Have you got all your present shopping etc; for Christmas, all wrapped and ready.
You may not be up to shopping for a couple of weeks which will take you up to Christmas. If you have any food shopping you need to get when you are home again, it might be easier to do it online. But don`t forget how busy it will be this time of year! A lot of the slots may well be taken.

I probably have given you far more information than you wanted - so I apologise for that, just wanted to make sure you were well prepared!

Take care hun x

Love and Best Wishes Kat x

I hope all goes well for you on the 15th dec, I suppose you won't believe it's happened
till you wake up for your operation and feel overwhelmed, its a great thing and the
31st dec will be a true fresh start for you the first day of the rest of your life.
I don't know when I will be getting my operation I have to do a sleep study as i mentioned
I wasn't sleeping well but that is due to my job, I also have to get the camera down then
hopefully after that I will get my date. Good luck I wish you and your family all the best
for your new start chuck xx

Kat has already provided lots of useful information for you. I've just returned from hospital and I now know that I took WAY too many things with me ;) so I thought I'd mention this to you. These are the things I found most important and useful during my stay in hospital:

- dry mouth spray (THIS IS A LIFE SAVER! such relief when you can't drink but your mouth is very dry/sore)
- lipbalm (equally wonderful when mouth is dry)
- wash cloth / soap
- toothbrush / toothpaste / deodorant
- hairbrush
- towel
- change of comfy clothes and underwear / slippers
- face wipes and moisturizer
- book / magazines / ipod / earphones / charger
- earplugs as the ward can be noisy at night
- I also took a mini perfume as it is nice to smell something nice / different afterwards

Good luck!

Good luck on your wls xxx

You have already been given some really fab advice so I just want to wish you luck on your journey. xxxx:)

Hi Natalia. I just wanted to say welcome t the forum and best wishes for your upcoming surgery.
Grace xxx

Oh my! Wednesday does seem to be the day!!! Are u excited? I only managed 3 hours sleep last night, I'm getting really nervous! Trying to pack now, I don't think I really need 4 pairs of pjs, 3 pants a whole make up bag and 2 shower gels! I'm just worried I will forget something and feel like I'm running on adrenaline!! How have u girls found the Pre op diet? Where are u having ur surgery? Luce xx

I'm going in tomorrow so I can have the pre-op tests (missed my last app due to the snow) and I'm going to stay overnight, so hopefully they'll put me first on the list ;)

I'm having mine done at Ross Hall in Glasgow. I'm on the soup diet, so I'm sick of the sight of it now!!

How about you?

I'm on a 1400 cal diet.... But I only had to do it for a week... I'm having my surgery don in Modesto, California... Today is a different story though.... Protein shake for breakfast and liquids the rest of the day :(

Back