• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon 50lbs Lost

Nicola1

on my way
Hi everyone,
Just had to write a little something today because I am sooooo excited. Jumped on the scales this morning and discovered I've passed the 50lb mark, whoop whoop.
It'll be 6 months since I had the Spatz balloon on the 18th of this month and can't believe I've lost so much. Only another 13lb to go and I'd have reached my target.
My target as you can see from my details was to weigh 12 and a half stone within a year. I didn't dare set the target any lower because I thought anything else was beyond my reach, and if I'm honest I thought 12 & a half was pushing it.
Walked up a mountain yesterday, which I haven't done in at least 4months, and walked straight past the places where I'd normally have stopped gasping for breath, it was a great boost :)
Sorry for rambling on but apart from 5 other people, you are the only ones I've told I got the balloon so I'm afraid you get to hear me gushing with happiness :)

Nicola x

safc_chick

Can't wait to be skinny!
aww well done, reaching so close to ur target weight in 6 mths is brilliant xx

toxingirl

Fantastic achievement Nicola. I,m having the wrap on the 23rd and I haven't told ANYBODY!! So I,ll be excitedly telling all on here of my weight loss (hopefully) week by week.
Well done again xx :):):)

angiemason

well done that's fantastic and it's good to share news like this xx

loz31uk

well done hun x

Miss DeeDee

Post Opper
Nicola,

Well done - for both the weight loss and the mountain.:553::553:

there was someone on here talking about the spatz baloon, perhaps you could let them know how well its working for you?

D x

novamay

Born Free
Well done Nicola.... that's a great weight loss! :553:

Tray3004

Wow well dun hun ur doin great ;) x

Nicola1

on my way
Thanks all, for your support, it feels great to finally be getting somewhere after such a long time, one hell of a confidence boost.
Although i am a little nervous about the fill in 2 days time, did even think of not having it done as still losing slowly, but hopefully it'll give me the extra push, but I was so sick in the beginning, I gotto admit I'm not looking forward to it, worried Incase I can't tolerate it, although my consultant is not filling it up all the way just in case, he obviously has the same thoughts as me
X

flutterby1966

Well done Nicola ... so pleased for you. sounds like the initial pain has been worth it :talk017:

ginzeh

nicola!! how'd you manage the amazing weightloss? im having it done 26th september! i so hope im as successful as you! im 14st 11! what was ur starting weight? x

Nicola1

on my way
Hi Ginzeh, it's not easy, I couldn't even tolerate fluids for the first 10 days, but it settled and now I'm happy, it's overdue for removal now as I went in all starved but there was mushrooms stuck to the balloon so they couldn't remove it so waiting for a new appointment, although I had eaten them 6 days before the removal, makes you realise how some food stays undigested!!! I now eat healthier and my brain has been taught that if I'm naughty today then I'm good tomorrow to make up for it, also I have a pair of jeans that I refuse to grow out of again, so they will be my gauge
I started at 5ft 2ins tall and 16st 7lb!!!! Ouch, it still hurts to say it, and yes I can walk in any shop now and know I can find something to fit me and that feels great, down now to 14/16 depending on the cut but still happy, haven't lost too much on my boobs, started 40e and now 38d which is fine cause now I can get prettier sets, I never used to worry about co-ordinaring underwear but now I love doing it, makes me feel great and after years of hating my body, it doesn't look too bad, but still got a little way to go yet :)
Eating little and often is the key and also eating healthier, sounds easy doesn't it but wish I could've learnt it before, I've also made a conscious effort to drastically reduce my bread and potato consumption which also helps, I feel cheated now if I don't have my granola and yogurt for breakfast whereas this time last year you couldn't have paid me enough to try it!!
Hope it works for you like it has for me x

ginzeh

did you exercise a lot?

im excited but terrified afer reading how it hasnt worked for some on here!

im 5ft and a tiny bit... 14st 11lbs! was 17st but lost it slowly but surely! even read some people have regretted losing weight!! argh

Nicola1

on my way
Honestly no, I have periods when i call in to the pool after work for 40mins swim but haven't done it for ages, I bought a bike went out a few times on it and then stopped!! Absolutely hate the gym so that's a no go
But like I say every week..... Next week I'll start again, although even when I'm not going regularly its still more than I used to
I love the weightloss and so does my hubby, he thought I looked sexy anyway (bless him) but after 22yrs of marriage our sex life is better than its ever been!!!
My sister in law has had a bypass and she's gone from a size 30+ to a size 6, with excess skin there so god knows what size she'd be with it removed and I can honestly say she looks awful, very haggard and has gone from the life and sole of the party to the most miserable person I know, where now we all avoid being by her at a party. I don't think it's done her any good but if you speak to her it's the best thing she's ever done!! Plus she's been in hospital a few times with adhesions from the operation, so taking all into consideration I'm happy with what I've done and my results :)

chrissy100

Congratulations on your weight loss.

I hope it has the same effect with me! I am having my balloon fitted on the 11/09/12, so it is nice to read a really good success story.

Chrissy x

:) :) :) :)

top_kat

Congratulations on the goal you've reached so far! Weight loss, mountains . . .I hope that will be me soon too! x

singletrack

I am so pleased to read this.I had my Spatz balloon fitted just over 2 weeks ago and I feel better about my eating now than I ever have done. I have lost 12lb and see no reason why I can't keep it up.
The first week was awful, but since then I seem to be able to eat ok.
The support I have been given by the clinic so far is good too.
Fingers crossed I can do as well as you Nicola.
50lb would be great!

ginzeh

well done xx how was first few days? im due to have it 26/9.

i know it sounds silly but can u even notice the difference in losing 12lbs? xx

Nicola1

on my way
The first 10 days for me was awful, vomiting all the time, struggling to keep water down, then all of a sudden it stopped and was bliss, even contemplated having it removed it was so bad but having spoke to a few people that's had it done those feelings are normal.
Yes you can see when you've lost 12lb and better still you can feel it :)
I wish you all the best and a constant weight loss
1 bit of advice would be to invest in a belt for your jeans etc cause you will need it

ginzeh

Lol I want to buy clothes but I think there's no point cos they won't fit soon! Well I'm hoping
they don't!

I want to buy something nice as a goal!

I'm so pleased for you! I keep thinking tho, will I be happier skinnier! As its nearing the time, scared about my skin and boobs lol! But some people have said cos im 25 my skin shouldn't be too bad as I'm still youngish! Z