• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 month surgiversary!

Well, impossible though it seems, it is my 6 month surgiversary tomorrow and as I never actually got round to starting a diary thread, I thought I would reflect a little on my progress so far.

I have lost 70% of my excess weight and have gone from a size 22 to a comfortable size 14. I'm still officially obese with a BMI of 30.5 but I don't care cos I've lost 5 stone and feel 10 years younger!

The honeymoon period is now well and truly over though as the temptations are creeping back in and I am now having to make healthy choices when sometimes I just want to eat crap. Luckily I've had great psychological support along the way so have some strategies in place and the better days still significantly outweigh the bad days for now. I feel like the real hard work starts now but I'm hoping that this feeling of enjoying being in my thinner (if rather saggier!) skin will help me to resist the need to overindulge.

I have discovered an enjoyment in running which I never would have thought possible so hopefully that will help me maintain when the time comes.

If anyone contemplating a sleeve reads this I can wholeheartedly recommend it but I think I have been one of the lucky ones and for that I am grateful. Let's see where I'm at in another 6 months eh!

Happy anniversary and well done xx

well done on reaching an epic milestone!!

Congratulations pippa, happy surgiversary! You're doing brilliantly :) x

Well done you!!

Can you believe its been 6 months already! The time has flown :)

You're doing so well, you'll whip that bmi down in no time, specially with all the running :)

Well, impossible though it seems, it is my 6 month surgiversary tomorrow and as I never actually got round to starting a diary thread, I thought I would reflect a little on my progress so far. I have lost 70% of my excess weight and have gone from a size 22 to a comfortable size 14. I'm still officially obese with a BMI of 30.5 but I don't care cos I've lost 5 stone and feel 10 years younger! The honeymoon period is now well and truly over though as the temptations are creeping back in and I am now having to make healthy choices when sometimes I just want to eat crap. Luckily I've had great psychological support along the way so have some strategies in place and the better days still significantly outweigh the bad days for now. I feel like the real hard work starts now but I'm hoping that this feeling of enjoying being in my thinner (if rather saggier!) skin will help me to resist the need to overindulge. I have discovered an enjoyment in running which I never would have thought possible so hopefully that will help me maintain when the time comes. If anyone contemplating a sleeve reads this I can wholeheartedly recommend it but I think I have been one of the lucky ones and for that I am grateful. Let's see where I'm at in another 6 months eh!
l

Happy surgiversary purplepippa. What an amazing achievement in the last 6 months and so many targets already smashed!!
I've been following your journey with interest and admiration and I'll be very interested to see how your next 6 months go!! Hope you can continue to use your strength and willpower to get you through these new difficult stages. Hopefully you'll share your strategies to help the rest of us get through those tough times!!

Keep strong and keep up the brilliant work. Xx

Well, impossible though it seems, it is my 6 month surgiversary tomorrow and as I never actually got round to starting a diary thread, I thought I would reflect a little on my progress so far.

I have lost 70% of my excess weight and have gone from a size 22 to a comfortable size 14. I'm still officially obese with a BMI of 30.5 but I don't care cos I've lost 5 stone and feel 10 years younger!

The honeymoon period is now well and truly over though as the temptations are creeping back in and I am now having to make healthy choices when sometimes I just want to eat crap. Luckily I've had great psychological support along the way so have some strategies in place and the better days still significantly outweigh the bad days for now. I feel like the real hard work starts now but I'm hoping that this feeling of enjoying being in my thinner (if rather saggier!) skin will help me to resist the need to overindulge.

I have discovered an enjoyment in running which I never would have thought possible so hopefully that will help me maintain when the time comes.

If anyone contemplating a sleeve reads this I can wholeheartedly recommend it but I think I have been one of the lucky ones and for that I am grateful. Let's see where I'm at in another 6 months eh!

Happy surgiversary and well done and good luck for the future x

happy 6 month surgiversary Pippa! congratulations on a fab loss, and here's to lighter, brighter future. x:553::clap::happy096:
doesn't time :character00255: ?

Amazing, well done. You are on the right track with exercise. We will follow your example. Keep up the good work and enjoy the new you!

OH MY GOODNESS what a difference wtg hunni...... and congrats on hitting your 6 months wow time does fly............ woohoooo keep it up hunni your looking fantastic x x x x

I feel at least 10 years younger, Tules. It's nice to have my life back! Walked another 20000 steps today on the Shaun the Sheep trail with my daughter.

You look phenomenal!!!!! You're a completely different person. And 20,000 steps?? That is awesome!! I feel chuffed when I've done 8-10,000 steps so you've certainly raised the bar for me!! Well done xx

Last edited:
Back