• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 month surgiversary!

Crustless quiche - yey! Lemon drizzle cake - boo! But still under 1200 calories and feeling pretty stuffed! Could have a liberte yogurt later if the munchies set in. NO MORE CAKE!

Crustless quiche - yey! Lemon drizzle cake - boo! But still under 1200 calories and feeling pretty stuffed! Could have a liberte yogurt later if the munchies set in. NO MORE CAKE!

Planning ahead :) good stuff.

I should rename this thread as "not so chirpy now"! I think I've had a pretty easy ride so far on this weight loss journey for which I am incredibly grateful. But this week I've had a huge wake up call. I've had no real stalls in 7 months and can eat pretty much anything - and there's the problem. My tastes haven't changed like some of you and I still have quite a sweet tooth. I don't dump and my sleeve is very forgiving of the fact that I still eat too quickly so gradually I am eating more of the wrong things and the calorie count is getting higher. And this week I put on a pound and a half after a particularly carb heavy weekend. I've been kidding myself that the amount of exercise I'm doing allows me to eat what I like (albeit smaller amounts) but evidently not. And now I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the fact that maintaining the new slimline me is going to take an enormous amount of effort. Yesterday was a real white knuckle day trying to avoid to many carbs and goodies. This is what the rest of my life is going to be like, isn't it. I guess I knew it but now I really know it and the honeymoon is well and truly over. Wish me luck

Hey Pippa,

Just look at what you've achieved already and the incredible transformation you have gone through!!!
We all have bad days and trying to fight with our minds is sometimes the hardest battle to keep fighting!!!

The fact that you have recognised where you went wrong, you're strong enough to avoid it and fix it.

I for one have been really inspired by your progress as I'm sure others have been too!! I agree with everyone else's comments and perhaps you are being too hard on yourself.... We are our own worst critics sometimes!!! Don't let it get you down and it won't be long before you're in the "zone" again and you'll be able to lose that weight you've put on!!

Sometimes we need reminders like this that we are in it for the long haul and how we can't get complacent about it either!!

Big hugs xx

So purple. It's bed time. Howz your evening been?
You beat me too it by a few. Was checking in :).

Hope the danger has passed for today hugs x

I had a flurry of picking but not too serious. With great trepidation I got on the scales this morning and I've lost half a pound since my sneaky weigh in so officially I'm on a stall. Have been static now for 2 weeks. So here's to a better day. Off for an ikea breakfast which is pretty much pure protein so hopefully that will set me up for the day.

Aw pippa lemon drizzle cake is a big obsession for me! Not easy. At the minute im losing while eating stuff like that as im only 3 months in. Down the line know im gona have problems if dont get it in gear!Hope that ikea breakfast gets those scales moving!!

Sm

Xx

Just been running after a weekend of over-indulgence! Had a great time meeting up with Kirsty and Sharon though. Definitely up for doing it again. Weigh in on Wednesday so will see what damage has been done!

Had a sneaky pre- weigh in weigh in and amazed to report that I have lost a kg. am hoping that's the end of my stall for now. Very glad I moved my a@"e yesterday now!

Thanks Sharon! It absolutely is all in my head. I had to work today and was feeling badly done by. So consoled myself with food - I'm an idiot!

I've been battling with what I assume is a tummy bug since Saturday which seems an extraordinary amount of time considering I'm usually over it in a couple of days. I read on hear somewhere that we sleeved and bypassed folk don't have enough acid in our stomach to knock the bugs on the head. Is there any truth in that do you think?

Back