• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 month surgiversary!

Looked at your pictures again tonight Pippa. Think I need to start that running ;-)

I really think it helps! I've been this weight before but definitely wasn't this slender. I was doing regular Zumba even when I was at my fattest and that definitely has given me more muscle. I used to hate exercise but loved to dance and I think that's why Zumba worked for me. Plus I met a great bunch of girls and it's become a social thing too.

Well I just hopped on the scale for a cheeky weigh in to discover that I'm now in the 11s (just!) and only 900g from my original target of 75kg. Obviously now I want to go lower but we shall see what happens next! I really love my sleeve!

Lovely photos, you look great!

Hope the hols was fab. Looking forward to hearing all about it xxx

Hey Kirsty! We had a fab time and I was like a completely different person. Went on the rock 'n roller coaster and even more out of character, not only did I go in the swimming pool with the kids I went down the scary twisty turny water slide - twice! It's so nice to not feel awkward about my body. It's far from perfect but it's much more normal now!

I've been reading on your thread about your problems with your band. I hope they get to the bottom of it soon and come up with a suitable solution. There's never a dull moment is there?!

Well despite taking a reputable multivitamin fairly religiously I discover I am pretty zinc deficient and need to take a pretty hefty supplement according to my provider. They also recommend a 2mg copper to prevent a secondary deficiency. Bit disappointed to be honest as I thought my diet was pretty good. I certainly eat plenty of zinc rich foods (though not oysters - ugh!). But hopefully getting more zinc in will help with hair loss.

The quality of vitamins varies dramatically & the well known brands are often some of the worst products! I deal with this everyday in my job. If you need any help choosing or advice on a good brand, pm me

That's rotten Pippa. But now you know you can get it sorted. Getting excited about Manchester now xx

Me too! I still need to pick up my tickets from the station but I realised today it's only 2 weeks! I've found a really interesting tearoom with an Alice in Wonderland theme that was recommended in the Sunday times magazine a little while ago. Not sure a tearoom is the most appropriate place - probably not much protein! - but I thought it might be a possibility xx

The quality of vitamins varies dramatically & the well known brands are often some of the worst products! I deal with this everyday in my job. If you need any help choosing or advice on a good brand, pm me

Thanks Emma. I've just invested in a whole load of Holland and Barrett and have a horrible feeling you're going to say they're a bit rubbish but would still be interested in your knowledge. They seemed better than what was on offer from the NHS!!

If you send me a picture of the ingredients list & the nutritional info giving the RDA's I'll happily have a look for you.

Me too! I still need to pick up my tickets from the station but I realised today it's only 2 weeks! I've found a really interesting tearoom with an Alice in Wonderland theme that was recommended in the Sunday times magazine a little while ago. Not sure a tearoom is the most appropriate place - probably not much protein! - but I thought it might be a possibility xx

Hey there are not that many of us. I'm sure we can all do a bit of what we fancy and this sound good xxx

If you send me a picture of the ingredients list & the nutritional info giving the RDA's I'll happily have a look for you.

Thanks Emma. Hope this works! Have pasted in the URL for the Holland and Barrett website.

This is the multi vit - http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...t-high-strength-mega-vitamin-caplets-60002780

And the zinc -
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/holland-barrett-zinc-tablets-25mg-60002003?c=Zinc

And the copper - http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...chelated-copper-tablets-2mg-60001330?c=Copper

Have just taken the zinc and copper and have to say I feel quite queasy! The multivit is gigantic so am working up to taking that!

I've never posted pictures before but I finally have a recent one so here goes - before and after a sleeve!

View attachment 16431

View attachment 16432

Hi, puppleppipa9, congratulations in your weight lose you look great in your pics well done when was the bottom pic taken.
Keep up the good work. Xx

Just noticed your posted after you took your multi vit.
I'm new to all this but I take everything chewable as I can not even get a small pill down I've found the centrum are good for me, hope you soon feel better.xx

Last edited:
Back