• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 weeks to Gastric Bypass

Josmiler

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and would like to make friends with those of you who have had a gastric bypass. Mine's due in 6 weeks time and I am quite scared and somewhat concerned. Have yoyo'd in weight most of my life and it makes me so unhappy and insecure, especially in relationships. At my heaviest, I reached 252lbs. I've been told I'm at high risk of having a stroke or getting diabetes as both my parents had a stroke and high blood pressure (I'm already on tablets) and mum died in June last year at 71.

I'd appreciate if anyone would share their experience with me and give me an insight

Welcome to the forum... :welcome: and wishing you all the very best in every way with your weightloss journey...

Sending a humungous hug and loads of love... Bev xxx

:grouphugg::grouphugg::grouphugg::happy096:

Hey Hun - and welcome!!

This is the best place ever for information and support and friendship!

I myself am 4 days post op tucked up in bed with my iPad wasting time between naps :)

I was terrified before my op but the support from the people around here was amazing!!

Hi and welcome,sorry to hear about your mum,still so raw.I lost mine 1995,it took me 3 years to stop looking for her in crowds.Maz x

Thank you Bev and Scarlet. Scarlet, wishing you a successful and healthy recovery. I hope I can connect onto here on my HTC mobile whilst I'm recuperating. Seriously will need the support and leading up to the op too!!!

Thank you so much Big and Bouncy. I miss her terribly as she looked so healthy before she had the stroke and suffered so much for 5 long years afterwards. Good luck with your op date. Hope it won't be too long for you.

Hello, and welcome x U are certainly in the correct place for support and advice. The people on here are wonderful and there is always someone here xx

Hi, just wanted to say welcome and you're in the right place for and help, advice or support.
Congratulations on your up and coming surgery.

Andrea

Hi Josmiley,

Welcome to the forum.....you'll find it a great support and a mine of information to help you along the way - I too am a fairly new member and am finding this site very useful and everyone is so lovely. I am also having my op with Mr El Hasani but in 4 weeks time...

Look forward to sharing stories along the way

:553::welcome2:
xx

Beccles! What a relief to know there is someone else on here about to have their op with the same surgeon! Pity we won't be in at the same time. At least we can keep in touch on here and exchange notes LOL So you've had your outpatient appointment with him I take it? Are you on a special diet now or will that start nearer the time?

Hi and welcome ! I had my bypass with Mr El Hasani in May last year - there are a few others here who are under him too so you're in good company :grouphugg:
He is a superb surgeon and you'll be in very good hands :). Don't hesitate to ask us absolutely anything you want to - there's no such thing as a silly question !!

Wow! Well done RoseA!!!! I'm so pleased to hear all went well for you and that it has all been worth the while. And it's such a relief to hear from someone who speaks so well of Mr El-Hasani. I feel much more at ease now especially as you've had the same op I'm due to have. And you've lost over 7 stone (probably more by now) in only 8 months! Did you used to suffer from aches and pains and how do you feel now?

Beccles! What a relief to know there is someone else on here about to have their op with the same surgeon! Pity we won't be in at the same time. At least we can keep in touch on here and exchange notes LOL So you've had your outpatient appointment with him I take it? Are you on a special diet now or will that start nearer the time?

I had an appointment with Mr El Hasani mid December to discuss surgery options at BMI Chelsfield (doing the private route so got to choose my date) - I have a pre-op appointment with the nurses at the end of Jan then start on my pre-op diet on Sat 29th Jan - I have to start it 2 weeks prior, was a bit anxious about it but the diet doesn't seem too bad :) I will let you know at the end of Jan how it goes!!

Wow! Well done RoseA!!!! I'm so pleased to hear all went well for you and that it has all been worth the while. And it's such a relief to hear from someone who speaks so well of Mr El-Hasani. I feel much more at ease now especially as you've had the same op I'm due to have. And you've lost over 7 stone (probably more by now) in only 8 months! Did you used to suffer from aches and pains and how do you feel now?

Worth everything ! I don't regret it for a moment :) I've lost nearly 8 stone since April (including the pre-op diet), have gone from a size 28 to 14-16 and feel fantastic !! I have arthritis in my right knee which was very painful and making me increasingly immobile before the op. It's still there of course - but I walk normally most days now and find myself running down the stairs ! :D

Hello and welcome!

The best advice anyone can give you is: Listen to your body, listen to your surgical care team and most of all... Never ever suffer pain or discomfort without checking with your team...

Ask all the silly questions (totm etc) you want and need too, we've all done it, it is better to be fully aware than to go into wls blind....

I'm blessed with having a fantastic experience in that i recovered from my open surgery quickly and food has not become an enemy... My weight loss is slow but i live life to the max! My diabetes is now controlled by diet alone :)

welcome to the forum.There is soooo much support on here. I have found it invaluable leading up to my op and now 10 days post op.

Yes you will be able to use ur HTC mobile - i did! you can download the app for WLS.

x

Thank you for your encouraging words RoseA. U have done so well and the more I read the more reassured I am becoming. I'm wondering if I'll be able to wear high heels again one day and also looking forward to being able to go running again.

Back