• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 weeks to Gastric Bypass

Hi Julie, so kind of you to let me into your experience. Glad you recovered and it was a lovely experience for you. Well done! Slow is better than not at all and I think you've done well! I definitely won't be afraid of asking stupid questions :)

Well done Tink1974! Hope you're recovering well and healthily. What kind of op did you have? How do I download the WLS app on my HTC? Thank you for replying

hi im under el hasani im pre op so we can help each other how long did you wait on the waiting list ruth

Hi Ruthw, great to hear from someone else who'll be operated by same consultant. I can't remember but think my first appointment was back in June 2010 and surprised to have a date for 24th Feb. Mind you, both my parents had a stroke and mum had diabetes and died of atheresclerosis so am high risk.

Excess skin after gastric bypass

Hi everyone and hope you're all doing fantasticaly well.

Would love to hear from anyone who has not had any excess skin problem after having a gastric bypass or if anyone has managed to reduce the amount of excess skin or overcome it in any way. I'm hoping it's not going to depress me more than being overweight has. I want to start feeling confident about my body and not still have the lack of confidence I have now. Although, I know I will be over the moon to become much healthier than I am now and knowing my life will prolong a few more extra years than expected at the moment.:confused:

Hi Jo and welcome to the forum.I had my bypass in August last year. My weight loss ia bit slower than some: I've lost 4 stones 5 pounds since my op and I'll be six months post-op on 10th February.
But i have very little in the way of loose/excess skin so far, and I've lost more than half what I want to loose. I just have one slightly flabby 'bingo wing' but other than that it's all looking good. I moisturize regularly but I think I have good skin too. :D

Grace xxx

Good luck with your hosp appt tomorrow and pre-op appt next week - I've got my pre-op tomorrow at Chelsfield, start my diet Saturday and then it's final countdown to me seing Mr El Hasani in the operating theatre on the 13th!!

I would like to welcome you... I know that you may be scared but if you believe you can do it then you can... it will be the best decision of your life....

dottychic said:
Good luck hun, let us know how you get on :D XX

Thanku. Given a diet sheet to on 10th Feb. Trying to get used to it from now. Clear soups steamed fish n chicken n vegetables.

Grace said:
Hi Jo and welcome to the forum.I had my bypass in August last year. My weight loss ia bit slower than some: I've lost 4 stones 5 pounds since my op and I'll be six months post-op on 10th February.
But i have very little in the way of loose/excess skin so far, and I've lost more than half what I want to loose. I just have one slightly flabby 'bingo wing' but other than that it's all looking good. I moisturize regularly but I think I have good skin too. :D

Grace xxx

That's great news hun. Well done on weight loss and thanx for sharing your experience with my excess skin question. Glad to hear you've not had much- that's great news. Been told that the older you are the more prone u are to have excess skin and its also based on type of skin u have.

beccles said:
Good luck with your hosp appt tomorrow and pre-op appt next week - I've got my pre-op tomorrow at Chelsfield, start my diet Saturday and then it's final countdown to me seing Mr El Hasani in the operating theatre on the 13th!!

I'm excited for u hun. How did u preop go? What does u diet consist of?

I've spent a good deal of time today watching youtube videos of people from one day to 2 years post op and have learnt sooo much about what to expect and feel quite at ease about it all. It's great for us to share and support each other.

Hey Hun - and welcome!!

This is the best place ever for information and support and friendship!

I myself am 4 days post op tucked up in bed with my iPad wasting time between naps :)

I was terrified before my op but the support from the people around here was amazing!!

Hi hun, How are you getting on and, most importantly, how are you feeling? x

Hi everyone. Hope u are all doing ok. Haven't been on here for a while sorry, so not up to date on what's been going on. Beccles, how did u op go? Hope u r recovering ok.

Well my turns coming up. Being admitted tomorrow n scheduled for op on Thursday. Trying not to think too much about it yet but looking forward to saying goodbye to swollen ankles n back aches lol x

beccles said:

Hope u r progressing well Beccles. Keep me posted x

Back