• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

6 weeks to Gastric Bypass

ive feel so frustrated i saw dr el hasani in june last year and ive only just gone on the waiting list , told me the the waiting list is now 3 yrs according to the sec,she said she is one booking ops and the wait is 3 yrs, my mum died of a heart attack at 52 my sister had 2 strokes at 34 ive got ra and lupus and crohns my dad had stroke and died at 59 so there is family history my blood preasure was low is now really high ive had pre elcampsia caused by high preasure its 110 over 90 so im off to see the dr tomorrow to see if what can be done because ive put on 27 pound since last year as im on steriods my bmi is 47 was 41 so desparate ,good luck for your op

Good luck jo....will be thinking about you. Bet you are soooooooooo excited !!!

ruthw said:
ive feel so frustrated i saw dr el hasani in june last year and ive only just gone on the waiting list , told me the the waiting list is now 3 yrs according to the sec,she said she is one booking ops and the wait is 3 yrs, my mum died of a heart attack at 52 my sister had 2 strokes at 34 ive got ra and lupus and crohns my dad had stroke and died at 59 so there is family history my blood preasure was low is now really high ive had pre elcampsia caused by high preasure its 110 over 90 so im off to see the dr tomorrow to see if what can be done because ive put on 27 pound since last year as im on steriods my bmi is 47 was 41 so desparate ,good luck for your op

Thanku Ruth and fingers crossed u get some good news coming your way too. Baffled how theywork out who goes on list first. X

went to the dr today my blood preasure sky high got to have some tests to find out why also having diabetaes test ive got sticky blood too ,he said he was quite worried about the wait and he was getting back on to dr el hasani again so fingers crossed

Josmiler said:
Thanku! Yes excited and getting anxious too.

Not long now. Having my picolax and got my trendy stockings on. No concerns so far. Just want it over and done with cos getting anxious n starving LOL.

Bless you, we've started a thread for updates too, there are several of you having surgery today Angel, good luck, let us know how you are when you can, we are with you.

Love and hugs precious xxx

Bev said:
Bless you, we've started a thread for updates too, there are several of you having surgery today Angel, good luck, let us know how you are when you can, we are with you.

Love and hugs precious xxx

I never know where to post my updates using my phone. So, sorry if I'm repeating myself. Hanging around waiting to be called down to theatre which apparently cam be anytime between 8am and 5pm Dr El Hasani said yesterday. Been told he's popping in again soon. Got my catheter in and had my antibiotic injection. Just trying to kill time now and trying to be patient. Got mum looking over me from up above. Asked her not to leave my side. So many positive things have happened since mum passed away. Am sure she's looking after me. Just want this op over and done with and get started with my new life, new me regime! Thank goodness I have you all to share my anxieties and give me some advice and insights. As well as great friends too lol. Well starting at 15 stone so let's see how far down the scale I get. Can't wait to be able to run and cycle again let alone to be able to play tennis without any aches n pains.. ah bliss....... here I come!!! LOL will give an update once I feel up to it again. See u all soon.

Hi Josmiler, i'm also waiting for my op with Mr El Hasani, think I might have a long wait though , what was your timescale from initial consult ??
Kate x

I never know where to post my updates using my phone. So, sorry if I'm repeating myself. Hanging around waiting to be called down to theatre which apparently cam be anytime between 8am and 5pm Dr El Hasani said yesterday. Been told he's popping in again soon. Got my catheter in and had my antibiotic injection. Just trying to kill time now and trying to be patient. Got mum looking over me from up above. Asked her not to leave my side. So many positive things have happened since mum passed away. Am sure she's looking after me. Just want this op over and done with and get started with my new life, new me regime! Thank goodness I have you all to share my anxieties and give me some advice and insights. As well as great friends too lol. Well starting at 15 stone so let's see how far down the scale I get. Can't wait to be able to run and cycle again let alone to be able to play tennis without any aches n pains.. ah bliss....... here I come!!! LOL will give an update once I feel up to it again. See u all soon.
good luck
Kate x

kitkatkate said:
good luck
Kate x

Well, its done! Had the op at 9am and very surprised and over the moon that I'm awake n not having excruciating pain! I even got out of bed n sat in the chair for an hour n half. Sooooo pleased that so far, all gas gone well. Very sleepy now so I bid u all goodnight and will catch u all soon. X

Josmiler said:
Well, its done! Had the op at 9am and very surprised and over the moon that I'm awake n not having excruciating pain! I even got out of bed n sat in the chair for an hour n half. Sooooo pleased that so far, all gas gone well. Very sleepy now so I bid u all goodnight and will catch u all soon. X

Got terrible wind that no amount of walking n drinking water can get rid of. Lots of bruising too but ........ its all going to be worth it. X

Im so pleased you are through the surgery hun, the wind pain is horrible but it will get easier. Is there anyone there who could rub your back for you? Like when you wind a baby lol....it looks daft but it does work (HUG) XX

dottychic said:
Im so pleased you are through the surgery hun, the wind pain is horrible but it will get easier. Is there anyone there who could rub your back for you? Like when you wind a baby lol....it looks daft but it does work (HUG) XX

Thanks dotty. Luckily wind started breaking last night and, although hunny still feels hard its not as painful. How are u doing?

On 2glasses of water every hour now and amazed that haven't eaten anything since Tuesday afternoon and don't feel hungry. Fingers crossed, home tomorrow. So far, its been a good experience. Can't wait to see how my life wraps in the next 6 to 12 months. Xx

Josmiler said:
Thanks dotty. Luckily wind started breaking last night and, although hunny still feels hard its not as painful. How are u doing?

On 2glasses of water every hour now and amazed that haven't eaten anything since Tuesday afternoon and don't feel hungry. Fingers crossed, home tomorrow. So far, its been a good experience. Can't wait to see how my life wraps in the next 6 to 12 months. Xx

Well all set to go home guys and excited about challenge of my new regime and new life ahead of me. So far, pleased with how things have gone. Can't want to get taste of food on my taste but even if only pureed to start with. Keep you all updated of my progress. For this of you pre-ops reading this, I was so anxious and apprehensive but it was loads better than having a caesearean.

One week and one day from op, pains slowly residing but pouch pain is more prominent now. Painful getting out of bed and getting up from chair. Hope gets better soon. Not sure if I'm bored or hungry but being good and keeping to liquids. Seeing nurse on 11th, for check up on how am doing on food. Lost 6pounds since Monday. Keep it coming!

weeble said:
Sounds like your journey has got off to a good start. Hope your recovery continues well.

Thanx weeble. So far so good. Finding the absence to chew whole food pretty hard but I'm patient- only 3 more weeks til pureed and then onto solids! How's things with you?

Josmiler said:
Thanx weeble. So far so good. Finding the absence to chew whole food pretty hard but I'm patient- only 3 more weeks til pureed and then onto solids! How's things with you?

Having a bad day today. Nauseas and got sick earlier. Can't bring myself to drink water or coffee / tea. Have stabbing pain on the inner wound. Just want to be normal again.

Back