• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only 7 days to go :)))

Hi Badger, thanks for reply, I'm not in Nottingham I'm near Alfreton so Derbyshire... I'm thinking of just going for it as I know that without exercise weight loss will be much slower, and it might lift my mood, feeling really low lately. Have you had your B12 injections yet? Might be why your tired all the time. How are you doing with the weight loss? Xx

Yeah it does give you a boost. I'm going to try go back this week. How long before you sfelt better after the shot??? I had my b12 last Monday so hoping to see a improvement. Weight loss is ok I'm 5 pounds off 6 stone loss 4 1/2 since the op everyone's noticed my loss now which is encouraging xxx

That's amazing :) well done you!
I was already having B12 injections as have got Pernicious Anaemia, I had to have 6 injections over 2 weeks when I first started with them and noticed a difference after about 4, when I have my injections now I feel a difference after a day or so. I'm gonna bite the bullet and join the gym at Leisure centre when I get paid xx

Weigh in today at 17st 5lb.. BMI 39.2 down from 51... 5st 6lb off in 6 Months!! I am really happy with this :)

On the down side, I'm tired all the time and joints are all hurting :( already diagnosed with Pernicious anaemia. Contacted hospital again as apart from my 6 week check I have not had any further appointments! Again told that I'm on the list to be reviewed and I will get appointment through in 2-3 weeks, I was told this 6 weeks ago too! At my 6 week check was told I needed blood tests at 3 months, if I am deficient which I think I am the longer they leave it the worse it's going to get.

Weigh in today at 17st 5lb.. BMI 39.2 down from 51... 5st 6lb off in 6 Months!! I am really happy with this :) On the down side, I'm tired all the time and joints are all hurting :( already diagnosed with Pernicious anaemia. Contacted hospital again as apart from my 6 week check I have not had any further appointments! Again told that I'm on the list to be reviewed and I will get appointment through in 2-3 weeks, I was told this 6 weeks ago too! At my 6 week check was told I needed blood tests at 3 months, if I am deficient which I think I am the longer they leave it the worse it's going to get.

Wow well done Hun :)

wow doing fab there keep up the good work and can you ask gp to check bloods maybe ???

Looks like I'm not absorbing vitamins :( need more blood tests first, but already Iron and B12 deficient!!

Are you taking vitamins ???

Cat I take 200% RDA vits and mins twice daily plus a hair, skin and nails supplement. Try doubling up, one morning, one evening. I feel much better now. I use Holland and Barrett A to Z 200 xx

I have to double up all my vits as I too malabsorb. I didn't follow my surgeons advice of taking a daily vits supplement at 4 weeks out and didn't start them until a month later to be exact. I wasn't told to take vit d and was told that I wouldn't get a vit bi12 unless they fell. I wouldn't even be tested until six months out :eek: Big mistake!! At 3 months out everything was either rock bottom or heading that way despite me taking them regularly from 8wks out. It goes without saying I felt and looked utter crap! So for any one out there that thinks they can get away with it don't mess about and follow the rules. Yeah you may be one of the lucky ones but why take that chance?
Cat not saying that you haven't as I'm sure you are hun ;) it's just so easy to get complacent in the first few months.. I was on a high and feeling good with the euphoria of losing weight etc but looking back I on it I was actually crashing and burning at an alarming rate. I truly hope you get things sorted soon hun.. It took me a couple of months to get myself back to norm again.

Meant to add my regime..
centrum 50+ 2xDaily
Asda Hair & Nails 1xDaily
AdCal D 4xDaily
Vit b12 injections bimonthly (I can't get to 3month mark without it :( )

I have to double up all my vits as I too malabsorb. I didn't follow my surgeons advice of taking a daily vits supplement at 4 weeks out and didn't start them until a month later to be exact. I wasn't told to take vit d and was told that I wouldn't get a vit bi12 unless they fell. I wouldn't even be tested until six months out :eek: Big mistake!! At 3 months out everything was either rock bottom or heading that way despite me taking them regularly from 8wks out. It goes without saying I felt and looked utter crap! So for any one out there that thinks they can get away with it don't mess about and follow the rules. Yeah you may be one of the lucky ones but why take that chance? Cat not saying that you haven't as I'm sure you are hun ;) it's just so easy to get complacent in the first few months.. I was on a high and feeling good with the euphoria of losing weight etc but looking back I on it I was actually crashing and burning at an alarming rate. I truly hope you get things sorted soon hun.. It took me a couple of months to get myself back to norm again.

Thanks Frankie, I'm taking centrum daily, have vit B12 every 12 weeks and adcal twice daily.. Been hospital today and I'm not absorbing vitamin D now either? I've taken my tarts religiously since the off. I was already deficient in Iron and B12 and know how ill I was prior to them realising it was deficiency. Been tested for everything today, just hope they sort things now xx

Cat I take 200% RDA vits and mins twice daily plus a hair, skin and nails supplement. Try doubling up, one morning, one evening. I feel much better now. I use Holland and Barrett A to Z 200 xx

I'm going to try doubling up on them, wasn't sure I could but from googling I've seen that a lot of people double up.. Thank you xx

hope they get you sorted now and on the right track

I had my op same time as you cat, I went private and I have not had any follow up I had one phone call from dietician pre op and one post op, six months down the line I'm sooooo tired, no plans for any blood tests, Vit b tests or anything, I'm really tired, have spent 4 days in bed this week! Suppose I'm going to have to see gp, don't like too as they prob be peed off that I've gone private and then expect the NHS to pick up the pieces, but the op cleared us out financially so no spare wrong a for private tests.

Mad I would ring as even private you dhould get 2 years follow up and I would expect more private than I would nhs

I know princess, I wouldn't change my decision but wished I had researched a bit better regarding the company etc, I was just so thrilled someone would do it for me I just jumped feet first, but now realise if your willing to pay they all would do it for you, if it hadn't been for this site I wouldn't of had a clue what I was doing, will maybe ring them on Monday and also my gp for blood test, but not sure what they supposed to be testing for?

Not sure im not at that stage yet but if you ask on a new thread maybe someone will be able to answer that sorry cant be more help there

Back