• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Only 7 days to go :)))

I know princess, I wouldn't change my decision but wished I had researched a bit better regarding the company etc, I was just so thrilled someone would do it for me I just jumped feet first, but now realise if your willing to pay they all would do it for you, if it hadn't been for this site I wouldn't of had a clue what I was doing, will maybe ring them on Monday and also my gp for blood test, but not sure what they supposed to be testing for?
you should ask for vitd, vit b particularly b12, calcium, and ferritin.

Had all my tests back and I'm low in a few areas, Dietician advised me to take both Adcal together, double up on Centrum and she made me appointment for August, which surprisingly I've already had through!! Still dizzy and feel tired all the time.. On the plus side she was really happy with my weight loss.. I've lost 52% of excess weight since 30th October..5 1/2 stone. Advised me to drink more and get more exercise to kick start weight loss again xx

OMG had to post as I am about to burst!!! Weigh day and I am now in the 16's for the first time in 25 years!!! And I have lost exactly 6st... Woop woop

Fantastic Cat well done you :)

congrats cat amazing work

Hello, I've not posted for a while but need a bit of support.. I've been told I'm Vitamin D deficient and doubled up my adcal, this was quite a few months ago and my symptoms are getting worse.. Im in agony all the time, feel like all my bones are hurting, I'm tired all the time and it's really getting me down. If I have to travel long distances in the car I can guarantee I'm in agony for days after. We went to Alton Towers last week for the fireworks and was there all day and I've been in pain since with all the standing.. I'm not seeing Dietician until January.. Just wondered if any of you have felt like this and what helps. On top of this I've got to have Hysterectomy next month and know this is going to add to my symptoms. The Rhumatologist hasn't a clue about Gastric Bypass and wants to give me anti inflammatory tablets, she doesn't understand why I cannot take them!! So currently taking Tramadol.

I would ring your bariatric team immediately and ask to be seen firstly. Also see if your gp can switch you to cacit d3 rather than adcal as you will have better absorption because it is calcium citrate rather than carbonate.

Secondly, if the pain is that bad it may be a good idea to take the antiinflammatories in the short term but you must take a ppi protector eg omeprazole or landoprazole alongside it. Again before doing that I would check with your bariatric team.

Yve is right. Just FYI my supplements everyday for the rest of my life are 2 x Pregaday, 2 x Calcichew D3 Forte, 2 x Vit D (25s). Everyone is Vit D deficient it would seem, but after WLS we are extra vulnerable. A few years post bypass (I am 16 months) I will need a bone scan to check all is well. Thinking of you Cat being in such discomfort - that should not be the case, and needs sorting x

I would ring your bariatric team immediately and ask to be seen firstly. Also see if your gp can switch you to cacit d3 rather than adcal as you will have better absorption because it is calcium citrate rather than carbonate. Secondly, if the pain is that bad it may be a good idea to take the antiinflammatories in the short term but you must take a ppi protector eg omeprazole or landoprazole alongside it. Again before doing that I would check with your bariatric team.

Thanks Yve,

I'l speak to my GP tomorrow.. I'm willing to try anything. I already take Omeprazole which I have been taking since my op last October, so think il try the Antinflammatories just for a few days and see how I get on.

Yve is right. Just FYI my supplements everyday for the rest of my life are 2 x Pregaday, 2 x Calcichew D3 Forte, 2 x Vit D (25s). Everyone is Vit D deficient it would seem, but after WLS we are extra vulnerable. A few years post bypass (I am 16 months) I will need a bone scan to check all is well. Thinking of you Cat being in such discomfort - that should not be the case, and needs sorting x

Thanks Lilac,

I'm gonna try and bring my appointment forward with my Dietician and see what they can do xx

Gentle (((((((hugs)))))) Cat I too am low on vit D and was told by GP that it can take many months to build this back up again. That was six months ago and I'm still very low. Our climate doesn't help at all either as we absorb vit D best through our skin unfortunatly we don't get a lot of sunshine here. I have recently started taking a small teaspoon spoonfull of peanut butter along with my vit D and calcium as I was told that fats are needed to aid their absorption and don't be tempted to take your multi vits or iron along with them either as they can interact and block each other out.

Gentle (((((((hugs)))))) Cat I too am low on vit D and was told by GP that it can take many months to build this back up again. That was six months ago and I'm still very low. Our climate doesn't help at all either as we absorb vit D best through our skin unfortunatly we don't get a lot of sunshine here. I have recently started taking a small teaspoon spoonfull of peanut butter along with my vit D and calcium as I was told that fats are needed to aid their absorption and don't be tempted to take your multi vits or iron along with them either as they can interact and block each other out.

Thanks Frankie,
It really makes you feel down, I should be happy loosing 7.5 stone, just wish I felt better.
You are doing amazing though, you look so well in your pic xx

Fwiw I am not anything deficient and am high in b12. My team are happy with that.

Thanks Frankie,
It really makes you feel down, I should be happy loosing 7.5 stone, just wish I felt better.
You are doing amazing though, you look so well in your pic xx

I'm low in so many things ..calcium, vit D, b12 and that's even with my quarterly injections. Iron is okay but dropping. That was with my July test results and I'm hoping that the peanut butter thing and the spray under the tongue b12 is working & shows an improvement in the bloods that where taken at my recent bariatrics appointment just a fortnight ago :fingerscrossed: I still wouldn't change anything for getting the bypass ..my life years where numbered before I had it so I had nothing to lose except weight and so much more to gain from that.... However it does frustrate me and yes it really gets me down. I'm convinced the low vit d is why I'm getting chest infection after chest infection and being a severe asthmatic that's really not a good thing :sigh:

It's all so complicated isn't it!!

Debbie

Yes more than I realised it would despite all my preop researching and I did loads

Back