• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

8lbs in 7 days??? support needed...mini diary

mermaid2708

new year...new me!x
as some of you know, in order to reach desired bmi for surgery i need to loose 8lbs in 7 days...so i have decided to do this 'mini diary'...feel free to offer words of advice and support...its much appreciated :)

today (wednesday) so far i have had my breakfast shake. walked the dog a mile. went to smoke stop (still going well...7 weeks tomorrow!). home for lunchtime shake. walked dog another mile....now im 'surfing' til its time for tea time shake then im off out with the dog again. this evening i plan to clear out my bedside drawers then have a lovely soak in bath with my book and have an early night.

good luck are you doing slimfast type thing? i did the milk diet for 6 days and lost ten punds so it can be done

keep up good ork look forward to seeing how you go xx

Sounds like you've had a great day, lots of distractions and exercise - perfect! Carry on like this and you'll have it sorted no probs.

Just wanted to stop by and give you a little support. You have a good plan and should be easy for you to stick to. Lots of people on here say they liked the shakes instead of low cal meals as they didn't have to think about what to eat.

That will be one well walked dog after 7 days!! Hope you are feeling positive because that makes all the difference. You can do it!!!

good luck are you doing slimfast type thing? i did the milk diet for 6 days and lost ten punds so it can be done

keep up good ork look forward to seeing how you go xx

im on 3 optifast shakes a day and i think they are around 180 cals each you mix with water...they are ok, my fave is strawberry!

what is 'milk diet'...is it just milk? how much?

Just wanted to stop by and give you a little support. You have a good plan and should be easy for you to stick to. Lots of people on here say they liked the shakes instead of low cal meals as they didn't have to think about what to eat.

That will be one well walked dog after 7 days!! Hope you are feeling positive because that makes all the difference. You can do it!!!

poor old ruby.(dog) she will be thin as a rake!!!

yes, im glad i dont have to do low cal meals...im an all or nothing sort of person and would find that hard to stick to.

Thanks for your support!x :)

im on 3 optifast shakes a day and i think they are around 180 cals each you mix with water...they are ok, my fave is strawberry!

what is 'milk diet'...is it just milk? how much?

the milk diet is a liver shrinking pre op diet 4 pints of milk onesugar free jelly a day and an oxo cube plus water tea and coffee

there's different versions of the milk diet (just to confuse you!), I did 2 pints of s/s milk and 2 low fat yoghurts a day.

how are you feeling today Mermaid?

today (thursday) i saw son off to 6th form then went back to bed for a couple of hours as i have work tonight (normally 9.15pm til 7.15am) then i got up and had my breakfast shake...did some cleaning and now i am just catching up with 'you lot' (!) then im dragging ruby out for a walk. then the plan is to have my lunch shake and do my ironing before a friend pops in about 4. then i will have my tea shake and take ruby out again before my mum pops in. then it will be off to work as i have to go in at 7.45 tonight as i have clinical supervision.

if i dont get on again today i will catch up with you tomorrow afternoon hopefully when i get up...but i may be a bit speradic in my posting over the next few days as i am working 4 nights in a row...but hopefully that will help keep my mind off things and give me that extra exercise i need!!!x again thanks for all your encouraging messages of support!x

Last edited:
last night at work i was so cold, not hungry, that i ahd a slim-a-soup at 3am...54 cals...i hope this does not do too much damage...i did work hard last night and had a 'sweat on' (nice!) so hopefuly that counter acted it???

anyway today (friday) i came home from work this morning and had my breakfast shake then went to bed til 2.30ish. got up and sorted and had my lunch shake. i am gonna walk the dog in a min then come home and have my tea shake. walk the dog again about half seven then get ready for work again tonight...my life maybe many things but it is not exciting!!! good lck to me in the next 24 hours!!! xxx

:clap: yep you're doing great. If you get cold at work again tonight try a mug of hot water with a slice of lemon in, or a stock cube dissolved in a mug of hot water.

Not really bad no, but there are better options, and I would hate for you to get to next week and be 1lb off your target or something and be looking for something to blame. Not that I think that will happen, I know you can do this :)

I wasn't criticising, apologies if it read that way, I was just making a suggestion for an alternative if the same problem comes up again.

no was great suggestion...dont fancy the stock cube thing but maybe the hot water and lemon...could i use couple drops of pure lemon juice instead of a slice? i think we have some at work and i dont have time to go to the shop for a lemon before work tonight???

also have changed my avatar to a pic of my dog ruby as she is a big part of my weight loss journey!...she is a blue roan and tan cocker spaniel and will be 2 in march x

Aye lemon juice would be a fine substitute. Very good for the liver too having hot water with lemon.

Back